UConn/Tennessee Home & Home Likely Not Going to Happen | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn/Tennessee Home & Home Likely Not Going to Happen

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Hate this that were letting Tennessee push us around and do whatever the hell they want with this series. We agreed to what we agreed to. Are they afraid they’re going to lose to us???!!??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hate this that were letting Tennessee push us around and do whatever the hell they want with this series. We agreed to what we agreed to. Are they afraid they’re going to lose to us???!!??
I wish I could get to your level of passion on this. I'm more

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Georgia Tech played us at Memorial Stadium lol

Because they had to move around the contract. They did not originally agree to play there. Its how it shook out when they had to make moves because of the Bobby Dodd Stadium renovation. Was agreed to as a game at the Rent.

Are they afraid they’re going to lose to us???!!??

No. 100% No.

Reaction Score
Because they had to move around the contract. They did not originally agree to play there. Its how it shook out when they had to make moves because of the Bobby Dodd Stadium renovation. Was agreed to as a game at the Rent.
Upon arrival, Tech's players reportedly thought Memorial Stadium was a high school stadium. Not joking.

Reaction Score
Upon arrival, Tech's players reportedly thought Memorial Stadium was a high school stadium. Not joking.
That shouldn't be a surprise. Memorial was even bad by FCS standards.

Look at our baseball stadium or whatever it is that is being replaced.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The horde is losing their minds over this. Based off their tweets, one would think we got an invite to P5 lol am I missing something?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The horde is losing their minds over this. Based off their tweets, one would think we got an invite to P5 lol am I missing something?
Just like Fuller House or Murphy Brown the 90s nostalgia is all the rage right now

CL82

Reaction Score
UConn finally agreed to play Tenn in WBB, something Tennessee has wanted for a few years now. Was this quid pro quo for them coming to Hartford? It it wasn't, it ought to have been.

Reaction Score
That shouldn't be a surprise. Memorial was even bad by FCS standards.

Look at our baseball stadium or whatever it is that is being replaced.

It was bad by High School football stadium Shakespearean South.

That said, the view from the top level at sunrise in the fall was pretty, in between dry heaves after my 4th set of stadium sprints.

Reaction Score
UConn finally agreed to play Tenn in WBB, something Tennessee has wanted for a few years now. Was this quid pro quo for them coming to Hartford? It it wasn't, it ought to have been.

AD Dave better have gotten something else out of this deal. Here's what Tennessee writers are saying:

"Now, with the news that the two schools will finally renew their rivalry, fans on Rocky Top should be celebrating. This elevates both teams’ profiles, but there’s no denying it does way more for the Lady Vols than it does UCONN."

Tennessee Lady Vols benefit the most from restoring UCONN rivalry

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Give me a one off game in football for some $$$ and H&H’s in WBB and MBB and we can call it even.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Would we be crazy enough to visit there in 2020? Maybe UT is making a deal to bump Furman out.

Or maybe both sides are fleshing out rescheduling someone (ie postponing) so this series could finally happen. As it stands now, if we don't push someone out (one of Indiana, Illinois), our strength of schedule would be a little on the strong side unless we agree to set this up for something like 2024

Tennessee Volunteers Football Schedules | Future Schedules

UConn Huskies Football Schedules | Future Schedules

EDIT update - screw it - lets visit them in 2020 and get them to do the return game in 2021. Yeah both years will be crazy, but our fanbase could use the juice.

Reaction Score
If we don’t get an FB game out of the WBB series it’s an unmitigated failure by AD David Benedict. That was one piece of leverage we had and it’ll be gone.
Maybe he's trying to curry favor in SEC circles should an AD job come open would be my explanation. Their womens BB program isn't even on the radar of our women's team anymore.

Reaction Score

The Rivalry Returns: UConn, Tennessee to Renew Series - University of Connecticut Athletics

>>As part of the two-year series, UConn will host Tennessee during the 2019-20 season, with a portion of proceeds benefitting the Pat Summitt Foundation and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. In the 2020-21 season, the Lady Vols will host the Huskies in Knoxville, with a portion of proceeds again benefitting the Pat Summitt Foundation and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, as well as the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.<<

>>...The event will be showcased during the annual We Back Pat week.

"The Basketball Hall of Fame is proud to celebrate all levels of the game for both men and women," said John L. Doleva, President and CEO of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. "When it comes to women's college hoops, there's no match-up more highly anticipated than that of UConn versus Tennessee. We're so proud to unite these teams in a contest benefitting great causes and honoring the late Hall of Famer Pat Summitt."<<

This has Geno’s approval and fingerprints all over it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If we don’t get an FB game out of the WBB series it’s an unmitigated failure by AD David Benedict. That was one piece of leverage we had and it’ll be gone.

It wasn’t leverage. I kill Benedict for a lot but this is a play to sell tickets - which he needs to do. There is no way in hell Tennessee is coming to East Hartford unless one of you hijacks their charter and lands it on the runway.

Reaction Score

I don't think the people who gave you a like understood your sarcasm...
There is seriously no one on planet earth who thinks that a WBB game is any leverage to get a UT football team to EH...is there?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think it’s possible a football series is scheduled, but the odds would be very high Tennessee doesn’t play the return game.

Reaction Score
More likely to salvage one game at Tennessee

CL82

Reaction Score
More likely to salvage one game at Tennessee
If it is for $1M rather than $300K, I'd take it but I would think that they could get more for the two WBB games.

Reaction Score
I don't think the people who gave you a like understood your sarcasm...
There is seriously no one on planet earth who thinks that a WBB game is any leverage to get a UT football team to EH...is there?

Yes. Tennessee likes women’s college basketball, but they would never make a move affecting their football team based on WCBB.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yes. Tennessee likes women’s college basketball, but they would never make a move affecting their football team based on WCBB.

When you look at Tenn's OOC football schedule, I dont think we look that out of place.

• 09/02 - at BYU (or Sept. 1)
  • TBA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom