UConn/Tennessee Home & Home Likely Not Going to Happen | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn/Tennessee Home & Home Likely Not Going to Happen

Reaction Score
That was what was reported at the time. I think NC State was reported as a yes too.
Who reported it? I can't find and do not remember any published report that said who voted which way except for BC who had an AD quoted. And I was wrong. 9 schools needed to vote for Uconn in 2011. I think I said 8 before.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's amazing how often you have to set the record straight on this. Urban legends won't die.

It wasn't just BC but BC played a HUGE part in the road block
Florida State, Miami, Pitt and a few others said no thanks to UConn also

As far as the Tennessee situation - as Chief00 says, its a business.
UConn stands to lose appreciable revenue if they lose this home game - let's see what kind of business person DB is and what he does - if anything
The minimum I would expect is a full share of revenue if it were a capacity crowd (nobody knows if it would or not be) plus you have to take into consideration of the loss in revenue for parking/concessions etc. This is not an act of God that cancelled the game it was a decision by one party.
Does DB have the fortitude to crap on a former SEC buddy if he has thoughts of personally returning to that conference (which I am sure he is actively looking to do)?

Reaction Score
BC, FSU, and Miami are on top of the scum list. Add GT, Clemson, and NC State as the slaves of FSU, and it was all over. Pitt stole UConn's place there. Sad, but true. It is time to stop with the ACC dreaming, It is not going to happen.

TKs

Reaction Score
20k attendance (if that) for our last home game vs an SEC opponent (Missouri 2017) is not going to help our claim of lost revenue.

Reaction Score
I know Pitt sued as well, but the ACC wanted to keep them out of the Big Ten. We should have been asked then, but UConn wasn't as we know.

If Pitt wanted to keep them out, then why did they select UConn first?

The Pitt AD at the time actually went ballistic on ACC ADs and officials. The nasty stuff he said... was forgotten after BC pulled their gambit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know Pitt sued as well, but the ACC wanted to keep them out of the Big Ten. We should have been asked then, but UConn wasn't as we know.

Yes I’d totally go with the guy who thinks the ACC added Pitt to defend from them joining the Big Ten. It’s totally not just that he hates Democrats.

Reaction Score
What kind of past settlements have there been for when a P5 cancels an agreed upon game

Reaction Score
What kind of past settlements have there been for when a P5 cancels an agreed upon game

Virginia Tech and Michigan were set to play in 2020 and then again in 2021. Because of the cancellation, the Wolverines will pay the Hokies a $375,000 cancellation fee. Link

Michigan will reportedly pay Arkansas $2 million for the trouble of cancelling the series. Link

NJ Advance Media has confirmed that Rutgers must pay the $100,000 fee written into the contract with Miami for cancelling the games. Link

Rutgers will have to pay UCLA a termination fee of $500,000 for cancelling the series. Link

At the end of the day, I think it comes down to whatever is stipulated in the contract signed 10 years ago.

Reaction Score
I don't know what the buyout is if Tennessee decides not to visit us. It appears they hold most of the leverage with the negotiations.They can simply buyout the game and schedule an East Carolina-Liberty-JMU-FAU-FIU-Western Kentucky type of the game and make their money back and then some. I'm sure they would like to schedule one game at their place or a 2-1. Hopefully, we can work out something, but the likely scenario is them is simply writing a check for us to go away.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We should send invoices for all the free road games UConn played to get in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Virginia Tech and Michigan were set to play in 2020 and then again in 2021. Because of the cancellation, the Wolverines will pay the Hokies a $375,000 cancellation fee. Link

Michigan will reportedly pay Arkansas $2 million for the trouble of cancelling the series. Link

NJ Advance Media has confirmed that Rutgers must pay the $100,000 fee written into the contract with Miami for cancelling the games. Link

Rutgers will have to pay UCLA a termination fee of $500,000 for cancelling the series. Link

At the end of the day, I think it comes down to whatever is stipulated in the contract signed 10 years ago.

Rutgers? Replacing UCLA with what? Delaware State or Norfolk or Howard? I just weep when I see the blatant attempt to build something from a totally bankrupt notion.

Reaction Score
That was true the last time round. I think UVA and NC State voted against way back when. The last time, all 4 Carolina schools were in our camp, but got bullied by FSU and to a lesser degree Clemson.

My recollection is that NC State was a no. I think UNC, Duke, UVA, and Wake were the only yes votes.

Reaction Score
Rutgers? Replacing UCLA with what?

Since the time that game was originally scheduled they have replaced UCLA and the AAC with Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Michigan and Wisconsin (5 of the top 12 preseason projections). That should probably hold them for a while.

Reaction Score
Why don't we play Kansas? Do home at home in bother Football & MBB?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
We torched ourselves by making terrible hires: Hathaway, Warde, Pasquiloni, Bobby D, and KO come immediately to mind.

Reaction Score
Not sure this was much of a surprise. To me scheduling these games is great but if you can’t actually get them what good is it? I’d focus on the ACC and B10. I could see getting a game with Northwestern, we have Illinois and Indiana, maybe we land one with Iowa or a Minnesota. Maybe USCEast, Something like that. UNC, Virginia NC state Georgia Tech games like that in addition to BC and Syracuse and Pitt. Maybe even revisit B12 teams like Baylor or Iowa State.

Reaction Score
Not sure this was much of a surprise. To me scheduling these games is great but if you can’t actually get them what good is it? I’d focus on the ACC and B10. I could see getting a game with Northwestern, we have Illinois and Indiana, maybe we land one with Iowa or a Minnesota. Maybe USCEast, Something like that. UNC, Virginia NC state Georgia Tech games like that in addition to BC and Syracuse and Pitt. Maybe even revisit B12 teams like Baylor or Iowa State.

Georgia Tech played us at Memorial Stadium lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom