UConn/Tennessee Home & Home Likely Not Going to Happen | The Boneyard

UConn/Tennessee Home & Home Likely Not Going to Happen

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Honestly I’m just glad there’s a resolution to this in sight. Although I wish there was a way to make the home and home happen

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I mean, what more can you do if they refuse to schedule the game?
367_1003689_sue_em.jpg

Reaction Score
Looking at the future schedule...2021 looks like a good year to play them. It’ll be two p5 teams on the schedule for that year- Clemson and Tennessee. Only issue I can see is there would be three road OOC games instead of 2 home and 2 away.

We should have a good amount of upper classmen on that team so an ideal time to play those two teams.
Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Looking at the future schedule...2021 looks like a good year to play them. It’ll be two p5 teams on the schedule for that year- Clemson and Tennessee. Only issue I can see is there would be three road OOC games instead of 2 home and 2 away.

We should have a good amount of upper classmen on that team so an ideal time to play those two teams.
Thoughts?
...they don't want to play us...

Reaction Score
UT is never coming to The Rent. It sucks but it is what it is. I'd take a large pay day to go to Neyland one season and let them buy me out of the 2nd game at home for another large sum of money to make up for the loss of revenue.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Welcome to 2012, where've you all been? There was never a contract to play these games once UT asked out. There was a vague notion that they may try to work out another game if it made sense for both sides. It doesn't.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The most inevitable outcome of almost anything in UConn football history.

I'd take $1M+ (Clemson was $1.2M) buy game and play them at Tennessee.

We need the money.

Work on realistic home/homes going forward meaning more BYU, Boise State, and the former Big East schools.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that's the main reason
It isn’t...
DeFilippo does not deny that BC opposed the inclusion of UConn.

“We didn’t want them in,’’ he said. “It was a matter of turf. We wanted to be the New England team.’’

Although BC and UConn are the only FBS schools in New England, BC officials were reluctant to give UConn any more credence. Membership in the ACC would do that.

UConn had already reached milestones that BC had not - including national championships in men’s and women’s basketball and a BCS bid in football.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I know Pitt sued as well, but the ACC wanted to keep them out of the Big Ten. We should have been asked then, but UConn wasn't as we know.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this belongs in this thread or not, but this is a serious question. Do you think BC would go back and change their position on Uconn based on what they know now? It would seem to me that having another New England institition would not be all that bad for them.

Reaction Score
It isn’t...
DeFilippo does not deny that BC opposed the inclusion of UConn.

“We didn’t want them in,’’ he said. “It was a matter of turf. We wanted to be the New England team.’’

Although BC and UConn are the only FBS schools in New England, BC officials were reluctant to give UConn any more credence. Membership in the ACC would do that.

UConn had already reached milestones that BC had not - including national championships in men’s and women’s basketball and a BCS bid in football.

It's amazing how often you have to set the record straight on this. Urban legends won't die.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom