UConn-Stanford Preview | The Boneyard

UConn-Stanford Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Another Great Job Doggy. I think we see the best refs and unlike the ND Baylor game they will let them play. Dee Kanter should be there heading things up. Stef needs to stay our of foul trouble for at least the first half. So does MoJeff who I think will be guarding Oorange along with Bria. Doggy I agree UConn by 15+ and if we get hot from the outside it could be over fast.

Reaction Score
Great job doggy. I also don't see much difference in Stanford's style of play. On defense they still like to play very soft man to man, to cover up their lack of quickness. UNC got plenty of open looks, and really if they played with more composure in the second half , should have won. On offense they try to get teams to collapse down and help on CO, while Rueff and Samuelson sit out at the 3pt. line. I see the Huskies w/12point win , going away.

Reaction Score
excellent analysis. I think MoJeff and KML will be big players. Bria will more than hold her own and Stewie will light it up. I don't know if 15+ is how it will end up, but we will win by at least 12.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Small quibble... you say "Tara has been starting James, a Senior guard, but then pulling her after a few minutes like Geno did many times with Dolson."

Did you mean Doty? I don't remember many games where Stef was yanked unless she was in foul trouble.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Small quibble... you say "Tara has been starting James, a Senior guard, but then pulling her after a few minutes like Geno did many times with Dolson."

Did you mean Doty? I don't remember many games where Stef was yanked unless she was in foul trouble.
Of course I did.

Reaction Score
Totally agree with conclusion. I was at Stanford game last year when Uconn won by 25. Dolson , with help, defended Chiney very well. She couldn't take the shots she was accustomed to taking. This year's team is even better defensively. Chiney will need a monster game and she won't get it. Uconn by 15-20 sounds about right.

Reaction Score
Great take DD. Stewie needs to stay out of 1st half foul trouble and come out of the gate hitting shots. Stamford is hungry CO said they want to crash the "perfection" party. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough!!! Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Another Great Job Doggy. I think we see the best refs and unlike the ND Baylor game they will let them play. Dee Kanter should be there heading things up. Stef needs to stay our of foul trouble for at least the first half. So does MoJeff who I think will be guarding Oorange along with Bria. Doggy I agree UConn by 15+ and if we get hot from the outside it could be over fast.
It will be interesting to see how the refs call the game. Kanter is pretty fair lets just hope the other two swallow their whistles.. Let them play!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know alot of fans are concerned and talking about foul trouble. UConn early in the season with KML and Tuck knocked off 5 ranked teams. So if one player gets in foul trouble I dont think it hurts UConn as much as many fans think it will. Second UConn plays as a team unit. Not depending on one player but depending on executing their offense as does ND. Stanford depends heavily on Chiney and MD on Thomas. If they dont play well or get into foul trouble they have a better chance of losing. ND now will depend on Lloyd McBride and Mabrey who is a terrific 3 pt shooter. ND will lack underneath what Achonwa brings in attitude and leadership and rebounding. Dont kid yourself ND will be tuff for MD. MD as a team really needs to step it up to beat ND. UConn should roll even with a poor shooting nite. If UConn is on it will be a nitemare for their opponents. I really cant see UConn losing for any reason.

Stanford I expect to slow the game down and try to keep it in the 50's/60's. They will work the ball through Chiney will cutters and alot of in and out. UConns defense will prevent them from alot of easy shots inside. It could be a very long nite if UConn goes on one of their runs in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom