UConn @ Southern Mississippi (Fri. 2/26/21 @ 5p/ET, Sat. 2/27/21 @ 2p/ET & Sun. 2/28/21 @ Noon/ET) Games are on CUSA-TV | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Southern Mississippi (Fri. 2/26/21 @ 5p/ET, Sat. 2/27/21 @ 2p/ET & Sun. 2/28/21 @ Noon/ET) Games are on CUSA-TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a sign of progress for the team, I'd like to see Joe Simeone be able to consistently pitch five solid innings in his starting role. He was doing it in summer ball a couple of years ago.

I expect that with all the doubleheaders in Big East conference play, Devenney is going to be catching a bunch of Saturday games this season.
It would probably make sense to keep Devenney and Simeone paired up every weekend

Reaction Score
Top 1st, Bushling and Stock lead off the game for UConn with singles. Bushling scores on a two out Crawford single to make it 1-0. Runners at the corners.

Reaction Score
Why isn’t Hague in the line up? How many times does he have to prove himself?

Bushling is back from a one game suspension. UConn coaches love Bushling in the leadoff spot. Personally, I like the idea of Hague at SS and Bushling at 3B, but with UConn's depth that the coaches are constantly talking about, playing time is not going to be the easiest thing to get for many position players on this team. It certainly looks like David Langer and Chris Brown are also in the mix for infield playing time at this point.

Reaction Score
Bushling is back from a one game suspension. UConn coaches love Bushling in the leadoff spot. Personally, I like the idea of Hague at SS and Bushling at 3B, but with UConn's depth that the coaches are constantly talking about, playing time is not going to be the easiest thing to get for many position players on this team. At this point it certainly looks like David Langer and Chris Brown are also in the mix for infield playing time.
Agree. Our best lineup may have Bushling and Hague in at the same time.

Reaction Score
Tough to discount what Chris Brown did in his first weekend. Good problem to have I guess.

Agree. The other thing is while Penders has shown a tendency in the past to go with a hot hand in the lineup, he is not about to give up quickly on a veteran. Of course, David Langer has never really had a firm hold on the 3B job at any point in his UConn career.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Simeone gets out of the first inning with no damage. Have to suffocate their weak bottom of the order in the 2nd inning.

Reaction Score
Kyler Fedko leads of the top of the 2nd with his 10th strikeout of the season, and the 5th game.

Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, a scoreless inning for Simeone after a two out hit by pitch. At least Simeone hasn't bunched up the walks and hit by pitches like they did last night. 1-0 UConn. Simeone at 29 pitches.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Getting lots of hits. Credit to USM for limiting errors and walks.

1st and 3rd, one out. Must score at least one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom