UConn-South Carolina game | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn-South Carolina game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I sure UConn will go down there and give it their all and see what happens. Win or lose, just play hard and have some fun.
Fully understanding the relative strengths & weaknesses of the two teams, let’s just watch the game & see what happens.
Much as I dislike watching my Huskies get beat, I would rather be bummed out AFTER the loss.
And who knows what might happen

Reaction Score
UConn will be....shut out---
no doubt...
The Queen of North Philly Reigns......!

Reaction Score
I bet SC doesn’t go big for the majority of this game. I could see the 5 players getting the most minutes in this game for SC being Watkins, Raven, PaoPao, Fulwiley and Hall. Hall will likely be needed to guard Paige at the forward position for much of this game.

Coach Staley will likely start with Kitts at forward, but it’s probably not the best defensive matchup against Paige at that spot. Hall has the athleticism to do better at that assignment. Fulwiley will play a lot of minutes against a guard centric lineup, and that means SC prob goes three guard lineup a good bit with Hall at the 4 mostly and not the 3 for this game.

When SC goes “big”, it will still include three guards to defend Muhl, Shade and Arnold. Fulwiley should see major minutes, she defends well and its apparent what she can do offensively. If that is the case, which ever Husky guard has to defend Fulwiley, they will have to be careful of foul trouble, because she can draw fouls like a magnet draws iron chips. Always the most athletic and agile player on the floor with exceptional handles and change of direction skills.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I bet SC doesn’t go big for the majority of this game. I could see the 5 players getting the most minutes in this game for SC being Watkins, Raven, PaoPao, Fulwiley and Hall. Hall will likely be needed to guard Paige at the forward position for much of this game.

Coach Staley will likely start with Kitts at forward, but it’s probably not the best defensive matchup against Paige at that spot. Hall has the athleticism to do better at that assignment. Fulwiley will play a lot of minutes against a guard centric lineup, and that means SC prob goes three guard lineup a good bit with Hall at the 4 mostly and not the 3 for this game.

When SC goes “big”, it will still include three guards to defend Muhl, Shade and Arnold. Fulwiley should see major minutes, she defends well and its apparent what she can do offensively. If that is the case, which ever Husky guard has to defend Fulwiley, they will have to be careful of foul trouble, because she can draw fouls like a magnet draws iron chips. Always the most athletic and agile player on the floor with exceptional handles and change of direction skills.
Not sure what you mean by "Go big." We RARELY have three bigs on the court at one time. We also RARELY have three guards on the court at the same time. Are you considering Bree Hall a "Big" at wing/3? We really haven't had a big at three since Kiki Harrigan in 19/20

We almost always run a: (1) point guard, (2) a shooting guard or second point guard, (3) a wing guard (4) a forward and (5) a post. That wont change. It will be (1) Raven (2) Poa Poa (3) Bree (4) Kitts and (5) Watkins. Fulwiley subs at 1 and 2. Tessa Johnson subs at 2 or 3. Feagan at 4/5

Reaction Score
Not sure what you mean by "Go big." We RARELY have three bigs on the court at one time. We also RARELY have three guards on the court at the same time. Are you considering Bree Hall a "Big" at wing/3? We really haven't had a big at three since Kiki Harrigan in 19/20

We almost always run a: (1) point guard, (2) a shooting guard or second point guard, (3) a wing guard (4) a forward and (5) a post. That wont change. It will be (1) Raven (2) Poa Poa (3) Bree (4) Kitts and (5) Watkins. Fulwiley subs at 1 and 2. Tessa Johnson subs at 2 or 3. Feagan at 4/5
Not sure you read my post correctly. Hence the “ around the word big. Anyway, the point was that since Uconn plays Paige at their 4 spot now, it is likely SC does some shifting of responsibilities in this game. I don’t expect to see much of Feagin guarding Paige at 4, that would not go well likely. I do expect Hall to shift to guarding Paige a good bit, and that opens up the floor for Fulwiley to play much more than is usual, especially since she will be needed to guard Shade or Arnold. I would look to the Mizzou game to get a glimpse of what SC may be thinking.

Two points here, The starting post is out for these next two games against teams that play 4 guard lineups. And the idea is that in prep for UConn, you would like to find the right combo for this two game stretch. We all know what we “usually play/start”. That wasn’t the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom