UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO

Reaction Score
I think she's going to be special. I'm hoping Maya/Stewie/Dee special. But I'd be thrilled if she was Tina/KLS/Moriah special.

One thing that is extra exciting to see is a player who can dribble and layup the ball using her off hand. I LOVE seeing that - some kids NEVER learn to "go left" if they are right handed, but she seems like she can go both ways. Super excited to see her in a UCONN uniform!!
I really miss Stewie:)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/15

Olivia Nelson-Ododa missed last night's game for unspecified reasons.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
New 5-minute radio interview of Christyn Williams:

I really, really like this young person's personality and part of it in particular - no calculation, direct. A little contradictory about her commitment decision. Her she says pretty strongly that she was pretty much sold on her unofficial quite a while back, she also said she didn't know until 2 weeks before she announced, yet she said she and her family looked at each other on the Official and everyone knew "this is it."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Her she says pretty strongly that she was pretty much sold on her unofficial quite a while back, she also said she didn't know until 2 weeks before she announced, yet she said she and her family looked at each other on the Official and everyone knew "this is it."

There were about 4-1/2 weeks between her visit and her announcement so she was 2+ weeks off in her assessment. Perhaps she just got the timeline confused. Teenagers often have other things on their minds.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I really, really like this young person's personality and part of it in particular - no calculation, direct. A little contradictory about her commitment decision. Her she says pretty strongly that she was pretty much sold on her unofficial quite a while back, she also said she didn't know until 2 weeks before she announced, yet she said she and her family looked at each other on the Official and everyone knew "this is it."

I don't think that she necessarily was contradictory at all. It is possible that up to 2 weeks before she didn't know how she was going to decide...but, after she made her decision she realized that the things that went into her decision went back to her unofficial visit to the the campus.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Reminder that Olivia's team plays at the Myrtle Beach tourney on Dec. 19/20/21/22.
I would think that she will meet an elite big somewhere along the line. 4 games in 4 days?
I wonder if one of our staff might go down to see her on Wednesday and/or Thursday and then fly to Toronto to be at Kia's game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reminder that Olivia's team plays at the Myrtle Beach tourney on Dec. 19/20/21/22.
I would think that she will meet an elite big somewhere along the line. 4 games in 4 days?

She has to be available to play first. She sat out the last game for some reason and had missed an earlier game due to illness.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
CresCom Bank Holiday Invitational (Dec. 19-23): The girls’ prelude to the Beach Ball Classic, hosts Myrtle Beach and Socastee welcome teams from seven states for the annual CresCom Bank Holiday Invitational.

A 5-star prospect in the opinion of most recruiting services, Winder-Barrow standout and UConn commit Olivia Nelson-Ododa is the top attraction for this year’s event. However, her status is in question following a recent injury.

Tar Heels, blue-chip prospects visit as holiday tournament season tips off

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CresCom Bank Holiday Invitational (Dec. 19-23): The girls’ prelude to the Beach Ball Classic, hosts Myrtle Beach and Socastee welcome teams from seven states for the annual CresCom Bank Holiday Invitational.

A 5-star prospect in the opinion of most recruiting services, Winder-Barrow standout and UConn commit Olivia Nelson-Ododa is the top attraction for this year’s event. However, her status is in question following a recent injury.

Tar Heels, blue-chip prospects visit as holiday tournament season tips off
A vague injury report--to a player who had a 10-month rehab? We want details! ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
@Sluconn Husky any word on ONO? My stomach has been in knots since Friday 12/15.

Haven't found anything yet, but Winder Barrow opens play at Crescom tonight so we'll have an idea then. I'm guessing it's not too bad an injury since she's questionable and not a definite out.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Haven't found anything yet, but Winder Barrow opens play at Crescom tonight so we'll have an idea then. I'm guessing it's not too bad an injury since she's questionable and not a definite out.
To offer a somewhat positive note... maybe she has the flu?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
To offer a somewhat positive note... maybe she has the flu?

UConn Signees: Christyn W. and ONO

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/20

Winder Barrow won in overtime in the first game of the Crescom Classic Wednesday.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa played:

15 points (3-8 fg, 9-14 ft), 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks in 27 minutes

Reaction Score
12/20

Winder Barrow won in overtime in the first game of the Crescom Classic Wednesday.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa played:

15 points (3-8 fg, 9-14 ft), 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks in 27 minutes

Reaction Score
Relieved that she is playing through last year's injury and hopefully she has great doctor making sure she takes small steps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom