UConn S&C Instagram workout | The Boneyard

UConn S&C Instagram workout

Reaction Score
If anyone is interest Coach Alosi posted this 5 min video on his instagram

For all the flack I’ve seen, I was pleasantly surprised by how good Wilson’s form was on squats and he was cranking out pull-ups.

Sorry but of all those lifts, Sid’s form on the front squats would be the farthest from “good”. AFAIK you don’t want to engage joint-by-joint the way he slightly bends his knees before the descent. You want a single, fluid, coordinated movement

Maybe it’s some idiosyncratic thing they’ve taught him to engage his glutes and “grab the ground with his feet” so to speak to help with stability, but again, the worst form in the video. I mean you can watch Josh right next to him demonstrating much better form.

Reaction Score
Sid does look more defined, maybe just has the body type where adding weight is super difficult, i’m not sure.

Reaction Score
Looking at CV’s arms and just the team as a whole. Idc what anyone says, they’re stronger than they were
Yeah, CV has some nice pecks. Glad he is going out all superman his last year.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
So did we get the green and yellow weights from UOregon?

Reaction Score
Adams is an animal, Cole is right there. They look good it's nice to see some hard work.

Josh maybe 6'9,250 looks solid. Whaley bigger everywhere legs look thicker too very important shoulders bigger. Hope he can bring that improvement to the court too could be big for us in many situations.

Polley and Sid too. Many of these guys have that thin shoulder width tough to make look a ton bigger but if people are getting stronger everywhere it helps no doubt, they don't have to look like every guy on other teams to compete. They will be coached better than most too.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Sorry but of all those lifts, Sid’s form on the front squats would be the farthest from “good”. AFAIK you don’t want to engage joint-by-joint the way he slightly bends his knees before the descent. You want a single, fluid, coordinated movement

Maybe it’s some idiosyncratic thing they’ve taught him to engage his glutes and “grab the ground with his feet” so to speak to help with stability, but again, the worst form in the video. I mean you can watch Josh right next to him demonstrating much better form.

As Chief predicted, Sal is feeling the heat and doing some face saving PR for his program. Good for him.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Wilson's squat form is fine, he's simply initiating early and slowly descending to increase muscle time under tension. It's a technique a lot of lifters use as an accessory to make a lift harder, like spoto press with a bench press, then when it's done with regular form it's easier and more weight can be done. Also, I would imagine there are variations in lifts between guards, wings, and big men. Not all going to be doing the same lifts each day.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As Chief predicted, Sal is feeling the heat and doing some face saving PR for his program. Good for him.

He's only been there for just over a year chief. Unless he's pumping them full of roids, I don't see what else you want for a bunch of guys who started as string beans.

Reaction Score
Wilson's squat form is fine, he's simply initiating early and slowly descending to increase muscle time under tension. It's a technique a lot of lifters use as an accessory to make a lift harder, like spoto press with a bench press, then when it's done with regular form it's easier and more weight can be done. Also, I would imagine there are variations in lifts between guards, wings, and big men. Not all going to be doing the same lifts each day.

I'm not sure that's what he's doing with that weird movement at the beginning, it looks like he's mostly loading his knees. You can make the eccentric portion of the lift as long as you want without that initial movement. I've seen pulse squats, pauses, whatever, but I'm not sure what the beneficial effect of that first movement is. It's certainly not needed to increase time under tension.

Reaction Score

That's josh at Dematha. He's totally changed his physique and is going to make a lot of money because of it. Really impressive stuff.

Whaley gained that 25lbs or so from freshman year too. That will help him A LOT in his back up role.

Tyler Polley & Dima Zdor Lead Sagemont Over Coral Springs High To Wrap Up The Preseason!!

Beginning of Polley's senior year of hs. Polley is Polley. He'll never be huge, but he's definitely gotten wayyy stronger than when he first got here. I can definitely believe he went from 185 freshman year to 200 now. I wasn't so sure the roster was right at first.

Guards all look tough. Adams is a tank.

Sid looks no different.

C

Chief00

He's only been there for just over a year chief. Unless he's pumping them full of roids, I don't see what else you want for a bunch of guys who started as string beans.
It’s not Chief, he has to convince.

Reaction Score
There isn't much he can do other than have them eating like bodybuilders and lifting heavy weights. The makeup of our team is skinny and not very strong, it is what it is.

Everyone, including myself, keeps referring to our skinny team. I feel like it's a bit of fake news. Excluding freshman, who is skinny at this point? Sid and Akok. I guess you could throw Polley in there because he's got that weird tweener skillset, but we need him to play the 4.

I wouldn't call Gilbert, Vital, Adams or RJ skinny at all. Carlton certainly isn't, and Whaley if he's actually 220+ isn't really any more. Springs isn't skinny, just kind of doughy.

Reaction Score
Everyone, including myself, keeps referring to our skinny team. I feel like it's a bit of fake news. Excluding freshman, who is skinny at this point? Sid and Akok. I guess you could throw Polley in there because he's got that weird tweener skillset, but we need him to play the 4.

I wouldn't call Gilbert, Vital, Adams or RJ skinny at all. Carlton certainly isn't, and Whaley if he's actually 220+ isn't really any more. Springs isn't skinny, just kind of doughy.
Compare us to other teams, we're pretty tiny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom