UConn - Robert Morris Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn - Robert Morris Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I went back and watched play in slow motion. Looks like lou came down on her side hitting shoulder first and then glancing blow to side of her face. Not as bad as face first but I'll bet face stung anyway. Uconn trainer one of the best and doubt their taking chances with her health in a game they could win with the bottom of the bench.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm kind of glad we eased off the full-court pressure after a couple minutes in the first quarter. Seems to me that Geno went to it a little early today, perhaps because the score was likely to get out of hand pretty quickly and he's not about to press a team that's down 40.
The issue is an almost two week lay-off. The coaches need to get the team into race mode quickly - play the starters basically the whole first quarter, get them all another five minutes in the second, and I expect probably seven + minutes in the third, and few or none in the fourth. Tough of RMU, but you need to worry about your team and timing and flow - be selfish about this game in particular.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
what's the most points scored in the first half of a game?
I've been combing through the media guide. Apparently UConn has twice scored 68 points in a half, but those were regular season games. The guide doesn't say what our largest half in an NCAA Tournament game was.

Reaction Score
I saw something in the 1st half that I have not seen this year. Stewie stole the ball near half court, took a dribble or two with no Robert Morris kids in sight, and even though Moriah was 20 feet ahead of her waiting under the basket, Stewie didn't make the pass. She took the layup herself. I think even Moriah was surprised, as she made a gesture toward Stewie anticipating the pass which never came. I was 'shocked,' because it was so uncharacteristic of UConn play.

Reaction Score
Good quarter for Robert Morris: losing only 23-11. Sure beats 41-4.

RM is not a bad team. Once paired with the 16/17 Huskies, they made a game of it. Nice 3-point shooting against next year's squad. Our second team looks a bit rusty. Except for Gabby Williams.

Reaction Score
A Tuck bucket then Mo with a steal for 4 quick points, 68-15 9:18 3rd

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter. Just having the head move sharply, even if not directly impacted, can cause a concussion. She was not moving, then flopped to her other side. Had to be pulled up. She was holding her head. Stop the game, take her out, and have a doctor look at her!
I too see your point. Small blood clots occur with less. I seen seen worse head meets floor in BB men and women's with no effect. It depends on the person. All bifurcated appendages crossed.

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter. Just having the head move sharply, even if not directly impacted, can cause a concussion. She was not moving, then flopped to her other side. Had to be pulled up. She was holding her head. Stop the game, take her out, and have a doctor look at her!

OK. Got your point. Give it up already.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mo wanted Stewie to dunk.

After the play, she said, "Go get it!" We know who is in charge here.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
The issue is an almost two week lay-off. The coaches need to get the team into race mode quickly - play the starters basically the whole first quarter, get them all another five minutes in the second, and I expect probably seven + minutes in the third, and few or none in the fourth. Tough of RMU, but you need to worry about your team and timing and flow - be selfish about this game in particular.
No argument at all. I meant only to comment on the full-court press specifically; I think it made sense to use it for a few minutes just to practice it a little, but more than that would have been overkill (especially because Robert Morris was so clearly overmatched that successfully pressing them wasn't even much of a challenge). I have no problem with keeping the starters in for a while to keep everyone in a good flow.

Reaction Score
"Stewie on the cover of Sports Illustrated for the third time in her career"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member