UConn - Robert Morris Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn - Robert Morris Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
what's the most points scored in the first half of a game?

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter. Just having the head move sharply, even if not directly impacted, can cause a concussion. She was not moving, then flopped to her other side. Had to be pulled up. She was holding her head. Stop the game, take her out, and have a doctor look at her!
At the risk of continuing this hypothetical discussion, I do (sort of) see your point. But maybe, as in football, that's got to be something that's discussed not at the coach's level but at the NCAA level. It has to be a referee's time-out and a referee's decision to order the player out of the game, just as in football, I guess.

The main point, though, is that there is absolutely no evidence or indication that the type of later life-threatening dementia that evolves in football players ever occurs in basketball players. THAT'S why concussion protocol was created for football.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
5 mins left in the half and the foot is already off the pedal.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
This is crazy. We were up 53-12 on Tulsa at halftime in January. This looks worse. I can't remember a first half drubbing this bad since we played the lowly Providence teams in the latter days of the Big East.

Reaction Score
At the risk of continuing this hypothetical discussion, .
okay, as the half ends, in the very quick take we see that Lou is NOT losing consciousness on the fall. She immediately grabs her head and writhes in pain. She has never lost consciousness.

Reaction Score
At the risk of continuing this hypothetical discussion, I do (sort of) see your point. But maybe, as in football, that's got to be something that's discussed not at the coach's level but at the NCAA level. It has to be a referee's time-out and a referee's decision to order the player out of the game, just as in football, I guess.

The main point, though, is that there is absolutely no evidence or indication that the type of later life-threatening dementia that evolves in football players ever occurs in basketball players. THAT'S why concussion protocol was created for football.

No, the protocol should be for any athlete in any sport. It used to be that they thought only boxers were subject to brain damage from blows to the head. Then discovered that football did the same. Any blow to the head is dangerous.

Just sayin'.. Not to belabor a point.

Reaction Score
Games like this solidly a coach's trust or lack of trust in bench play and who is in and who is out of the rotation....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby makes 2 FTs 77% FT shooter this year 62-15 :59.1 2nd
She shot .462 last season. Nice off-season improvement by the high jumper! She was at .771 coming into today.

Reaction Score
LOL, just back from the gym to see the second half.
Katie Lou, 17 pts, LOL, LOL, LOL

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good quarter for Robert Morris: losing only 23-11. Sure beats 41-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom