UConn - Robert Morris Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn - Robert Morris Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
Doris Burke just had to get in her formula to beating UConn.....Never what UConn must do to maintain their winning streak , but what others must do to beat the Huskies..

Reaction Score
One ominous point is that RM made 9 3-pointers, and shot 45% from 3. That has been the team's major Achilles heel this year. We had tightened it up, but today...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One ominous point is that RM made 9 3-pointers, and shot 45% from 3. That has been the team's major Achilles heel this year. We had tightened it up, but today...
With our starters, RM couldn't pass the ball or get any open looks. Most of the treys were against the bench or on broken plays. What we saw was part of the reason why RM made the tourney.

Reaction Score
I wonder what Geno said to that RM player in the post game line that made her turn around & laugh? I wonder if that was their Italian player??

Reaction Score
Little Big Horn all over again!

upload_2016-3-19_13-2-52.png

Doris Burke: "Ya gotta love how hard Robert Morris fought."

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
With our starters, RM couldn't pass the ball or get any open looks. Most of the treys were against the bench or on broken plays. What we saw was part of the reason why RM made the tourney.
Exactly. I just checked the play-by-play. They made 5 of their 9 total threes in the fourth quarter, and 2 more came in the last three minutes of the second quarter. Give them credit for playing hard and making them, but most of that came against the bench, so it doesn't mean much in terms of how good our overall three-point defense is.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Doris Burke just had to get in her formula to beating UConn.....Never what UConn must do to maintain their winning streak , but what others must do to beat the Huskies..

Wow - thin-skinned much? I guess I understand your avatar now...

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
I've been combing through the media guide. Apparently UConn has twice scored 68 points in a half, but those were regular season games. The guide doesn't say what our largest half in an NCAA Tournament game was.
In case anyone was still wondering about this, the UConn NCAA Tournament record for most points in a half is 65 (first half against Hampton in the first round in 2000). The all-time NCAA Tournament record belongs to Oklahoma (66 in the second half against DePaul in 2014, a game that Oklahoma still lost anyway).

Reaction Score
The 3s were mostly against the backups. When you can't get the ball inside, you don't have much choice. Katie Lou a new career high, Kia an incredible all-around game, Napheesa a very strong performance and Breanna, Mo and Morgan doing what they do. Was disappointed in Natalie's performance. Eleven minutes, zero rebounds, 2 points. She is very unsure when she gets the ball in the post. Lots to work on for next year. All-in-all a great first step.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

I don't know how to get a breakdown by half but there weren't many in the first half. I think the starters defended them very well. The bench not so much. I can live with that. I have a feeling when it counts we will defend them very well. Not too ominous really.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

When you never lose the question is how does someone beat you, not how do you win.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I can see why people were disappointed that RM jacked up, and scored a bunch of 3's in the end, but they also had open looks against the starters. Maybe our starters are a step quicker in closing out but RM hit about 4 3-pointers in a row in the last 5 minutes, and hit about 5 or 6 in the last quarter (it seemed). Keep in mind that next year a lineup of Collier, Butler, Williams, Ekmark and Chong will almost never be on the floor unless it's towards the end of the game. Samuelson and Nurse would have made a huge difference if they'd been in the game in place of Chong and Ekmark...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
When you never lose the question is how does someone beat you, not how do you win.

I'm with you.

You can't blame Doris for those types of comments. I know that it's hard to remember sometimes, but UConn fans aren't the only ones watching a UConn game (thankfully!). And her job is to try to keep the telecast entertaining to the non-UConn fan for the entire time as well. I think that Doris, for the most part, does a nice and impartial job. She knew as well as we did that the game was over after the first 2 minutes.

I'm glad that the ladies looked very crisp from the opening tip-off. Let's hope they keep that momentum rolling! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom