UConn recruiting DeMarr Langford for 2019 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn recruiting DeMarr Langford for 2019

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I trust Hurley to bring in the right guys. I hope he isn't in desperation mode in any way. Langford strikes me as slightly redundant of what me get from Adams and/or Wilson. But I don't know much about him

That said, at this point I'm just impatient. I want to know:
1. Whether we are opening a second Scholarship, and how?
2. Who is coming in on the remaining open Scholarship
3. Depending on the answers to those, who Hurley plans to use as a backup 5 next year?

Reaction Score
I have to say this is a hard pass for me. I’d MUCH rather get either RJ Cole or a grad transfer big then a better guard in 2020.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
bottom line is ..we will take who comes..there is no debate..
Not so much. DH is looking for guys who are talented, athletic and can play in his system. Your post makes it sound like a middle school rec team.

Reaction Score
I trust Hurley but would love to get a guard who can shoot already. As many have said the game has changed. And we need talent ready players now. Maybe he won't be needed on the court next year but I truly doubt that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I trust Hurley bit would love to get a guard who can shoot already. As many have said the game has changed. And we need talent ready players now. Maybe he won't be needed on the court next year but I truly doubt that.
Everyone is focused on shooting and I agree I want guards who can shoot but we need a lot of things. Langford may not be much of a shooter but he is physically strong (something we really lack) has long arms, plays really good D, can rebound, and slash for finishes around the rim. We could do a lot worse than a 4 star top 100 player who is physically gifted. I'll trust Hurley on this.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Everyone is focused on shooting and I agree I want guards who can shoot but we need a lot of things. Langford may not be much of a shooter but he is physically strong (something we really lack) has long arms, plays really good D, can rebound, and slash for finishes around the rim. We could do a lot worse than a 4 star top 100 player who is physically gifted. I'll trust Hurley on this.

I agree with that. They only question here is opportunity cost. If we take him, who don't we get? At the moment there is one Scholarship. He shouldn't get that spot based on what we need.

The good news is that Dan knows all that and will make the right judgment calls based on information none of us have.

Reaction Score

This is a good point. Watching his film, I am just impressed with his length and ability to get anywhere he wants on the floor.

Reaction Score

That’s a great way to put it. I personally don’t think he’s the type of guy that will get us back to blue blood status. But I will trust in Hurley and believe he knows the type of guys he needs to get this program back on track.

Reaction Score
This is a good point. Watching his film, I am just impressed with his length and ability to get anywhere he wants on the floor.
His build is a big plus. He's long, athletic, and most importantly he's already quite filled out. He plays smart too. If you want to dream on him, his realistic upside (in my eyes) is Trent Forrest from Florida State.

Reaction Score
His jump shot form is pretty solid too, maybe Hurley sees a quick fix on his shot

Reaction Score
I’m still a little confused by the scholarship situation. If we get Langford, are we automatically out of the running for Cole or a grad transfer? Borges’ article said they are recruiting for 2 spots but it’s quite obvious there’s only 1 open scholarship.

Reaction Score
He definitely has pretty good form and should be a good shooter with effort. I like that he loves to rebound and attack plus, he is physically ready to go. No more string beans until our roster has some beef. As far as guards go, he's what we need.

Reaction Score
I’m still a little confused by the scholarship situation. If we get Langford, are we automatically out of the running for Cole or a grad transfer? Borges’ article said they are recruiting for 2 spots but it’s quite obvious there’s only 1 open scholarship.

As you note, it is understood from the Borges' article they are recruiting for 2 spots. If they get Langford they would be out of the running for Cole but not the reason inferred. 1 spot is for a guard, 1 spot is for a big.

Reaction Score
His body is really good. He’s put together. We played him this past weekend. He doesn’t really shoot it. I’d rather get him as a 2020 and add an older big our wing.

Reaction Score
I would think Mamadou becomes a walk-on if we have multiple commits...otherwise he retains athletic scholarship if we only add 1. Pure speculation.

Reaction Score
I would think Mamadou becomes a walk-on if we have multiple commits...otherwise he retains athletic scholarship if we only add 1. Pure speculation.
May be wrong here, but his involvement as a player would be over I believe if he forfeited his scholarship. I don’t think a recruited player can just forfeit a scholly n remain on the team.

Reaction Score
Whats up with Brendan Adams lately? Haven't heard anything about him and he seems to have deleted his old ig. Didn't see him in the recent workout vid either.

Reaction Score
Whats up with Brendan Adams lately? Haven't heard anything about him and he seems to have deleted his old ig. Didn't see him in the recent workout vid either.
He was in the workout video.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom