UConn recruiting DeMarr Langford for 2019 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn recruiting DeMarr Langford for 2019

Reaction Score
Through 6 Adidas Gauntlet games, Langford is averaging:

25.5 MIN, 11.5 PTS, 45.5%, 66.7% FT, 8.3% 3PT (1-12), 5.2 REB, 3.5 AST, 0.5 TO.

Reaction Score

I think I'd prefer 1. Cole, 2. Hyland, 3. Langford. Langford's build is really intriguing as a guard but would love to add shooting.

Reaction Score

Obviously 1-12 is a small sample size but if he really can't shoot the three at all then I'd pass. The college game is built on shooters these days. Yeah, we've had guys like Taliek Brown and Kevin Ollie who couldn't shoot but did other things well. But that was a different age and those guys had a lot of teammates who could score. UConn isn't that lucky now. Get guys who can shoot. This team needs that.

Reaction Score
A lot of decisions are being made about Langford- should he be pushed to reclassify and, either way, is he a guy to continue to prioritize. Those kind of things require as much in-person watching as possible and getting some face-time at a local school is never a bad idea.

Hurley was there for more than just Langford, but the tweet is from Rivals, so they’re only mentioning their guy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't love the fact that his father publicly criticized his son's HC. Maybe I still have VJ Sr and Papa Mumu PTSD.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Gaffney and Bouk are as good of shooters as ppl have been saying, added w/ Polley, Vital and improved Brendan Adams who can all shoot from outside, a big guard who can slash and dunk on defenders/draw fouls might be exactly what we need. This kid has a great frame to work with, I would take him, add a big and be very happy with our class.

Reaction Score
Obviously 1-12 is a small sample size but if he really can't shoot the three at all then I'd pass. The college game is built on shooters these days. Yeah, we've had guys like Taliek Brown and Kevin Ollie who couldn't shoot but did other things well. But that was a different age and those guys had a lot of teammates who could score. UConn isn't that lucky now. Get guys who can shoot. This team needs that.

Disagree with part of that. Yes, we can use more shooters. But you only need 2 or 3 sharp 3pt shooters on the court at a time imo. Having primarily one slashing guard with a big presence, with a cpl shooters and one distributor is perfectly effective and I would argue we did very well with that model under Calhoun. See Jerome Dyson, Stanley Robinson, Denham Brown. All roughly in the 30% range w/ 3point shooting.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
One thing I will say about DeMarr he’s the type of guard that Hurley likes he’s big, physical, draws fouls. EC Matthews excelled in Hurley’s system despite being an absolutely terrible 3 point shooter. Jared Terrell wasn’t a great shooter either until his senior year.

Reaction Score
I hope Hurley realizes that 3 point shooting isn't exactly hard to come by these days. FT drawing and shooting are important, too, but you can find guys with the traits you want that also shoot.

Reaction Score
Will also say, shooting is something that can be worked on and developed. A long muscular frame and a vertical leap like Demarr’s is a gift.

Reaction Score
I agree that I want more shooters, but we also shouldn’t judge him based off of 12 3-point shots.

Reaction Score
A lot of decisions are being made about Langford- should he be pushed to reclassify and, either way, is he a guy to continue to prioritize. Those kind of things require as much in-person watching as possible and getting some face-time at a local school is never a bad idea.

Hurley was there for more than just Langford, but the tweet is from Rivals, so they’re only mentioning their guy.
@NJHoops, this is a good post, Hurley is in there evaluating, doing the recruiting thing. Not sure though that I understand your last comment about the tweet being from Rivals and mentioning "their" guy.

I thought Rivals was just an independent recruiting/ranking service essentially. What am I missing, would you school me on this, or is this an incorrect statement?

Reaction Score
@NJHoops, this is a good post, Hurley is in there evaluating, doing the recruiting thing. Not sure though that I understand your last comment about the tweet being from Rivals and mentioning "their" guy.

I thought Rivals was just an independent recruiting/ranking service essentially. What am I missing, would you school me on this, or is this an incorrect statement?

You are thinking of Rivals the recruiting website. He was referring to the Mass Rivals aau team which Langford plays for.

Reaction Score

It is a recruiting service, but that's a different Rivals. This tweet was from Mass Rivals which is an AAU program

Reaction Score
You are thinking of Rivals the recruiting website. He was referring to the Mass Rivals aau team which Langford plays for.
It is a recruiting service, but that's a different Rivals. This tweet was from Mass Rivals which is an AAU program
Thanks guys, it's all clear to me now. Mass Rivals, the AAU program was not mentioned and I didn't put 2 and 2 together, iIt's kinda early. My bad.

Reaction Score
Thanks guys, it's all clear to me now. Mass Rivals, the AAU program was not mentioned and I didn't put 2 and 2 together, iIt's kinda early. My bad.

Sorry I wasn’t clearer, but yeah, the above posts got it right. Hassan Diarra would have been there, too, but his AAU team is PSA (Pro Scholars Athletics), not to be confused with his high school PSA (Putnam Science Academy). See, crystal clear!

Reaction Score
bottom line is ..we will take who comes..there is no debate..

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd also be weary this could be a small sample trap. Although I've never heard anyone describe Langford as a sharpshooter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom