UConn @ Presbyterian College Blue Hose (Saturday 3/7/20 Dbl Header 11:00 & 2:00 and Sunday 3/8/20 @ Noon) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Presbyterian College Blue Hose (Saturday 3/7/20 Dbl Header 11:00 & 2:00 and Sunday 3/8/20 @ Noon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bottom 8th, Gallagher strands a runner at 2B for a scoreless inning. 6-1 Huskies.

Reaction Score
Top 9th, Christian Fedko with a 1 out double, Moriarty pinch runs, and will probably play in the infield in the bottom of the inning. Crawford single brings in a run. 7-1 UConn.

Reaction Score
C619F034-5301-4D13-BCD1-11F1B55CA52A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Huskies win!!!

19 of 27 outs via strikeout in Game 2 between Simeone and Gallagher

Very fine appearance for Gallagher, he gets a three inning save. Terrific pitching for UConn today in both games. Bullpen in excellent shape for tomorrow.

Reaction Score

>>Notes
  • The 20 runs scored by the Huskies is the first time UConn has scored 20 runs since plating 25 runs against Alcorn State on Feb. 28, 2016 in Clarksville, Tenn.
  • Joe Simeone is the first UConn pitcher to record double-digit strikeouts since Mason Feole struck out 11 vs. USF on May, 10, 2019
  • Kyler Fedko is the first Husky since Mike Woodworth in 2019 to record a multi-homer game.
  • Reggie Crawford is riding a team-high 10 game hit streak.
  • The Huskies 19 strikeouts was one away from tying a program record that has been posted multiple times with the last coming against Stetson in 2017.<<

Reaction Score
Sat through both games today. I don't know what the radar gun said on Simeone, but they never caught up with it. If he get the curve going he will be great. Love Bushling too. Great lead off guy. Fun to watch.

I laughed at the WHUS Press Box. Under a tent.

Reaction Score
Sat through both games today. I don't know what the radar gun said on Simeone, but they never caught up with it. If he get the curve going he will be great. Love Bushling too. Great lead off guy. Fun to watch.

I laughed at the WHUS Press Box. Under a tent.

Chris Jones compared the Presbyterian baseball field yesterday to J.O. Christian at UConn. Of course, J.O. Christian at least had a press box, which was probably the one amenity that the place had. From the way Jones was describing the broadcast location, it definitely sounded like he was in the stands off to the side.

I've listened to WHUS sports broadcasts for many years. When it comes to their broadcasts of sports like soccer and baseball, the lack of a press box does happen from time to time. John Tuite used to describe certain radio setups in the stands or on the sidelines as the sports version of guerrilla radio. I recall one time when John Tuite was doing a men's soccer game at Temple from a cardboard table on the sidelines when the whole broadcast setup was upset when some players ran into the setup, and briefly sent the broadcast for a loop. Having the tent at yesterday's game almost sounds like a luxury.

Reaction Score
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Outside of langer return this lineup and batting order feels like it’s all but set.

Reaction Score
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Outside of langer return this lineup and batting order feels like it’s all but set.

Ferrer is still auditioning for an everyday role as well, but 1 through 7 in the lineup is looking fairly well fixed.

This is a bad team we are playing. We need to finish the sweep

Reaction Score

With Coach Penders it has always been that with an unproven or bench player, if you want to play, you need to produce if and when you get your chance. I would still label Erik Stock as an unproven player, but he got the chance to play, and boy, he is most certainly producing. Penders has always had the tendency to stay with a hot hand, and Stock is most certainly that. If he keeps this up, he will keep playing and more or less gain regular status. If he slumps, someone else might well get a chance. Kevin Ferrer is also getting his chance to show if he can produce. Ben Maycock and Andy Hague did not produce when they got their chance during the first few weeks of the season, so now they get to wait for another chance.

I recall Willy Yahn, who barely played for the first month while he was with the team as a freshman. He got a start at 3B during the spring break trip that year, came up with a hot bat, and never came out of the lineup. He most certainly took advantage of his chance when it came up.

Reaction Score
Top 1st, Bushling with a lead off walk, but gets picked off. It seems to me that the base running misadventures have not come up all that often so far this season for Uconn, so that is good. No score going to the bottom of the 1st.

As for Bushling, he is turning into a very nice leadoff hitter, being able to consistently get on base, something he has been improving on as we get farther into the season. Time will tell, but he's looking like a worthy JUCO successor to Woodworth.

Reaction Score
Top 2nd, UConn hitters go down in order. However, the PC pitcher is already at 40 pitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom