Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I'd like one of the Pac 12 schools, but maybe a UC.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Although I am NoCal, I like this. I was shut out from Pepperdine, otherwise wanted to go. A friend with a plane lives down there, so geting down is not bad, he lives to fly if someone else pays fees and gas. Hope for USC, our lab collaborates in a consortium there.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Not sure UConn really wants to play a high major opponent in that LA game. There will be plenty of them once they get to Maui. I'm thinking they do something similar to the Pepperdine game in 2005, hoping to ease into the tournament with a mid to low major.

Reaction Score
I love the idea of playing a game before Maui, particularly if it's against a quality opponent. Much like Battle for Atlantis this year, the Maui tournament will go a long way towards dictating the tone of our season. It's best to be sharp heading into that one.

Reaction Score
Hope the best for Hamilton but it's a new year with new guys. We won't be better this year without him but it should make us better for the following year. I hope he gets drafted and performs well.

Reaction Score
Not sure UConn really wants to play a high major opponent in that LA game. There will be plenty of them once they get to Maui. I'm thinking they do something similar to the Pepperdine game in 2005, hoping to ease into the tournament with a mid to low major.
Fresno State was ranked 108th in Kenpom last year, and made the tourney; UCSB 102 and didn't; Cal-State Bakersfield 97th and made it; Long Beach St. 96th and missed; UC-Irvine 75th and missed; San Diego St. 46th and missed. There's also UNLV at 134 (missed), Pepperdine at 140 (missed) and, of course, UCLA at 79 (missed).

A two-game slate of UNLV and Long Beach State would be awesome.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Fresno State was ranked 108th in Kenpom last year, and made the tourney; UCSB 102 and didn't; Cal-State Bakersfield 97th and made it; Long Beach St. 96th and missed; UC-Irvine 75th and missed; San Diego St. 46th and missed. There's also UNLV at 134 (missed), Pepperdine at 140 (missed) and, of course, UCLA at 79 (missed).

A two-game slate of UNLV and Long Beach State would be awesome.
Not sure you realize how large California is, but Fresno State is about 220 miles away from LA, Santa Barbara 95 miles, Bakersfield 112 miles, San Diego St 120 miles.

If you're talking 'close to LA' you are limited to UCLA, USC, UC Riverside, UC Irvine, UC Northridge and Pepperdine. I can't think of any other D1 schools within an hour or so of LAX.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Not sure you realize how large California is, but Fresno State is about 220 miles away from LA, Santa Barbara 95 miles, Bakersfield 112 miles, San Diego St 120 miles.

If you're talking 'close to LA' you are limited to UCLA, USC, UC Riverside, UC Irvine, UC Northridge and Pepperdine. I can't think of any other D1 schools within an hour or so of LAX.
I missed Long Beach State and UC Fullerton.

Reaction Score

I live in California, and understand quite well the geography of the state. You don't seem to understand car culture out here -- people pick up and drive a couple-hundred miles like it's nothing.

Also, Loyola Marymount is less than an hour from LAX. Depending upon traffic, anyway.

Reaction Score
I live in California, and understand quite well the geography of the state. You don't seem to understand car culture out here -- people pick up and drive a couple-hundred miles like it's nothing.

Also, Loyola Marymount is less than an hour from LAX. Depending upon traffic, anyway.

I don't know how anyone drives anywhere around there. The traffic is the worst I've ever experienced. Leave two hours early... get somewhere on time. It's insane.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Yeah, Santa Barbara and Fresno are not "LA area", but you did leave out Long Beach St., Cal St. Fullerton, Loyola Marymount...

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Loyola-Marymount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads