UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn picked 4th in preseason BE poll

Reaction Score
I think UConn and PC finish 3&4. and neither Team has a Dunn. Hell , a lot of conferences dont have a Dunn
PC wins BE Championship over Villa, UConn finishes 5th and will make NCAA Tourney & I will say this - Bouknight is real good! Borderline pre-season 1st team BE...

Reaction Score
Lots to prove, interesting takes, but no one knows. Let’s see how it plays out, who improves and steps up, chemistry etc etc.. while we could be top 2-3 there will be some required improvements including our guards defensively. Will be interesting to say the least.
Good points, I think PC size at guard is underrated and will certainly come into play this season. Duke is 6'5", Reeves 6'6", Goodine 6'4", Breed (Freshman) 6'4" with a shifty, speedy point guard in 5'11" Bynum...How does UConn guards match up?

Reaction Score
And Reeves might be better than Duke. He's certainly more aggressive. Duke is a floater. From what I've seen, all the tools but not quite a killer. Reeves on the other hand, is always in attack mode. Should have been Reeves, Duke, Bouk, Zeg, JER and if the team is six or seven, add the Seton Hall big guy and the swingman from Xavier. Kid hit big buckets against us last year. Both names escapes me.
Duke is better on both ends (especially defense), Reeves is more a shooter and Duke flashes nice dimes, has great mid-range shot, decent 3 pt. and can finish strong at the rim! Reeves shouda been 2nd team all BE, Bouk probably should be on 1st team all BE but y'all haven't even played a second in BE yet so...

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
PC fan here...Let's be clear, UConn has played in an inferior league for years now and you all were 19-12 last year and you expect to be in the top 3 pre-season coaches poll? based on what? Recruiting and projections on paper are great, but mean squat...It's what you do on the hardwood that matters, especially in the BE...every game is a rock fight, so partly your trying to win the game, but partly you hope your team doesn't sustain injuries! I've seen many young players coming in with high expectations get knocked to their knees in this league. I'm just saying I think without UConn having played in the BE in a long time, being pre-season #4 is actually pretty strong and given respect by the coaches of the BE...honestly, I see you all finishing in 5th your first season back as you are on the younger side and will take your bumps and bruises. I'm not hating, just being realistic...PC has a lot of depth and players with experience in the BE...And Yes Duke is that good on both sides of the ball, don't be fooled...Watson will be a monster this year and don't sleep on Bynum at point...Reeves and Gannt are ready to take monster leaps this year...and you all don't know 6'9" Horchler, yet...
If all of the conf games get played, we beat PeeCee twice this season.:cool:

Reaction Score
Remember when the ECU / Tulane / Tulsa / AAC fans would show up and talk ish on the Board.
I'm not talking ish, just stating that the BE is a different animal, you'll see...For example, G'town is preseason picked for dead last, 10th place in BE...G'town would still whoop on ECU, Tulsa, Tulane, etc...get my point...

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Actually, it was Scruggs whose name I could not recall, who is more of a guard, but played on the wing quite a bit last as a 2-3.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I look forward to seeing what Duke will do this year as the leader. All the athletic ability plus great body. It's on him to produce.

Reaction Score
I'd say I look forward to your meltdown when UConn beats PC but we all know you won't be here to take the beating

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think he meant PC doesn't have enough fans for a message board.

Reaction Score
No one here thinks the big East is a cakewalk. We’re just UConn and pretty damn good(at least we believe). It’s not a knock on the big East you see, it’s more of a confidence in our squad and our coach. We aren’t afraid of not one damn team or roster in the big East. We’re coming to dethrone Nova, not play regional patty cake with PC. Good Luck this season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom