Men - UConn @ Pepperdine University Waves (Fri. 3/11/22 @ 5p (ET) , Sat. 3/12/22 @ 4p (ET) & Sun. 3/13/22 @ 4p (ET)) All games on WCC Network (Free)/MIXLR | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ Pepperdine University Waves (Fri. 3/11/22 @ 5p (ET) , Sat. 3/12/22 @ 4p (ET) & Sun. 3/13/22 @ 4p (ET)) All games on WCC Network (Free)/MIXLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Not only is Korey Morton in the lineup, he is leading off. That definitely shows some confidence in him on the part of the coaching staff, as usually someone filling in from the bench would end up towards the bottom of the batting order. But this is an odd year, as it seems the bench is a bit deeper then a number of us expected. It's still early in the season, but so far both Morton and Bryan Padilla have made some nice contributions when given the opportunity to show what they can do. As the coaching staff has indicated, both made big strides forward in the preseason, and it has certainly been reflected in their play in their game appearances this season so far.

Reaction Score
Wow. Knew Morton would be in there from his post game comments but Christian fedko doesn’t even got a spot start today. I’m sure he will get at bats as injuries always happen but for a fifth year guy who has his amount of experience rare to see them relegated to hoping for pinch hitting duty.

Wonder if Ferrer is banged up since rare his bat isn’t in lineup for an entire weekend.

Reaction Score
Looks like another defensively oriented lineup. Pepperdine's Sunday starter has struggled all year so we should still be able to score some runs. Still no sign of Fedko anywhere and Smith is getting the day off in favor of Morton.

The way Coach Penders was sounding in the post game interview after yesterday's game, it just sounds like that we should get used to these day to day lineup shuffles. Smith gets the day off, he has not had good days with the bat the last couple of games, but the way the shuffle goes, I would guess he will be back in the lineup for a midweek game. The interesting thing going on in my mind is that these recent lineup shuffles have moved Bushling away from shortstop.

Reaction Score
The Christian Fedko situation is bizarre. He's not 4 for 40. He's a four year starter and reliable at bat with so few at bats this year that one more hit and no one would even be questioning his performance. And now 12 position players can start this weekend and he's not one of them? Bizarre.

Reaction Score
The way Coach Penders was sounding in the post game interview after yesterday's game, it just sounds like that we should get used to these day to day lineup shuffles. Smith gets the day off, he has not had good days with the bat the last couple of games, but the way the shuffle goes, I would guess he will be back in the lineup for a midweek game. The interesting thing going on in my mind is that these recent lineup shuffles have moved Bushling away from shortstop.

I don't think it's hard to tell that Padilla is a better defensive shortstop. He has to be consistent, but you can see he can make plays that Bush can't. It sounds like the coaches are surprised at how well he's hitting, but as long as he can carry his weight in the lineup he's probably staying in. And Brownie getting off to such a poor start in the field and with the glove has, for now, made it easy.

Reaction Score
Wow. Knew Morton would be in there from his post game comments but Christian fedko doesn’t even got a spot start today. I’m sure he will get at bats as injuries always happen but for a fifth year guy who has his amount of experience rare to see them relegated to hoping for pinch hitting duty.

Wonder if Ferrer is banged up since rare his bat isn’t in lineup for an entire weekend.

Big problem for Fedko is that it seems the coaching staff doesn't want to play him in the field, and there is simply a lot of competition on the team for D.H. at bats. Fedko is certainly a good hitter with a good eye and will take a walk), but he doesn't have speed (he is the most likely non catcher guy to have a pinch runner come in for him), and he is not a power guy, even though he does come up with doubles.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's hard to tell that Padilla is a better defensive shortstop. He has to be consistent, but you can see he can make plays that Bush can't. It sounds like the coaches are surprised at how well he's hitting, but as long as he can carry his weight in the lineup he's probably staying in. And Brownie getting off to such a poor start in the field and with the glove has, for now, made it easy.

I've been saying it for a while now, but I have always felt that Bushling is better off defensively at a position in the infield other than shortstop. He doesn't seem to have the arm for the position, among other things. I suspect he is better off at 3B, and probably 2B as well.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Seton Hall just beat Florida in Gainesville to "improve" to 1-12. Helluva way to get your first win.

Northeastern won at Clemson. They're 4-2 this year against ranked ACC opponents.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see UConn's bullpen use today, but I always think that. I have to think whoever is not used out of the bullpen will be a candidate to be one of the 2 midweek starters UConn will need this week.

Reaction Score
Top 1st, Stock keeps his 24 game hit streak going with a 2 out single. UConn loads the bases with 2 outs, but nothing comes from this atempted 2 out rally. No score.

Reaction Score
Bottom 1st, Stefanoni faces the minimum as Donlan throws out a base stealer who had reached on a lead off single. Stock with a nice catch in CF to close the inning. No score.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Enzo faces the minimum due to some nice defense by Stock and Donlan. 0-0

Reaction Score
I will never forget watching Donlans arm in fall. It was like a holy @/$? Type moment. I don’t remember a cannon like that behind the plate in last 10 years. All I could do was laugh and say have fun stealing on that

Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, a single followed by a 1 out infield error on Bushling makes it 1-0 for Pepperdine.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Looks like a great day for a game out there.

Reaction Score
Bottom 2nd, after the run scores on the 1 out error, Stefanoni gets out of the inning and leaves 2 runners on base. 1-0 Waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom