Men - UConn @ Pepperdine University Waves (Fri. 3/11/22 @ 5p (ET) , Sat. 3/12/22 @ 4p (ET) & Sun. 3/13/22 @ 4p (ET)) All games on WCC Network (Free)/MIXLR | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ Pepperdine University Waves (Fri. 3/11/22 @ 5p (ET) , Sat. 3/12/22 @ 4p (ET) & Sun. 3/13/22 @ 4p (ET)) All games on WCC Network (Free)/MIXLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chris Jones says Chris Brown had a thumb injury towards the end of the fall ball season that could be hindering his play so far this season.

I'll add that Brown generally did not do well in summer ball playing with Vermont of the Futures League. For most of the summer he was hitting under .200. He did not get over .200 until August 10. Towards the end of the summer season he did start hitting with power, and ended up with a .222 average and 5 homers in 167 at bats. At the time I figured that perhaps he was tired after playing playing the spring season with UConn. Still, the Futures League is pretty much an introductory college summer ball league with a lot of young inexperienced players in it, and because of that it did bother me a bit that Brown did not do better at the bat while he was there.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We made no errors today, and our pitching staff struck out 12 Waves while issuing no walks. That's absurd for a college baseball team.

Pepperdine is a good team that isn't doing anything wrong. We're just playing great baseball. Even the strikeouts are coming down (only 4 today).

Reaction Score
Playing great ball, team is getting contributions up and down the roster. If the pitching and D stays remotely this consistent, this is shaping up to be a memorable year. Crazy - every game is winnable & the play is super crisp. Who needs MLB?

Reaction Score
We made no errors today, and our pitching staff struck out 12 Waves while issuing no walks. That's absurd for a college baseball team.

Pepperdine is a good team that isn't doing anything wrong. We're just playing great baseball. Even the strikeouts are coming down (only 4 today).

The walk totals given up by UConn pitching this season are absurdly low for college baseball standards, that is for sure. 28 walks in 12 games, and 11 of those walks were in one game. So UConn has given up 17 walks in the other 11 games, which is very low and rare thing in the college game, that's for sure.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The walk totals given up by UConn pitching this season are absurdly low for college baseball standards, that is for sure. 28 walks in 12 games, and 11 of those walks were in one game. So UConn has given up 17 walks in the other 11 games, which is very low and rare thing in the college game, that's for sure.
Considering the strike zones that change inning to inning, this is a borderline obscene stat.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

We throw strikes early in the count. Better than I can recall seeing in the games I've watched over the past several year. It's not one or two top pitchers - everyone puts pressure on the hitter from the start.

On another note, if it's possible to have a football middle linebacker mentality in a baseball pitcher, Willis has it.

Reaction Score
100%. Aggression and strike throwing seems contagious this year. Love it!

Reaction Score
Two notes: We now have been HBP 23 times in 12 games; including 2 today. That seems like an awful lot. Their opponents have 9; none today.

As Jack Sullivan from Carmel HS & basically northern Westchester County roots faced Connor Bradshaw from New Rochelle (went to Trinity Pawling prep -probably a high school near New Rock first), I am thinking ... these two know each other. AAU Travel HS. Knowing Westchester, the baseball community just isn't that big. Same class

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If I went to law school in Malibu, between the beach, the weather and the women, I would have had a very different career trajectory. All there was in New Haven was pizza.
Yeah but Steven Spielberg loaded an airplane at Tweed with pizza so he could show his friends in southern California what real pizza tasted like.

Reaction Score
Yeah but Steven Spielberg loaded an airplane at Tweed with pizza so he could show his friends in southern California what real pizza tasted like.

LOL. Did I imply that the girls in SoCal aren't more impressive than the pizza in New Haven? Or that it wouldn't be easier to solve for mediocre pizza than how young women look?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Thank you to everyone who post's regularly during the games. Has anyone else noticed that ESPN.com doesn't even acknowledge we have a Baseball Program, let alone post our scores? Live updates here on the BY are amazing, thanks again.

Try and find us listed at any point this season...

Reaction Score
LOL. Did I imply that the girls in SoCal aren't more impressive than the pizza in New Haven? Or that it wouldn't be easier to solve for mediocre pizza than how young women look?

Business school at UCLA after UCONN. You kid yourself: bring books and work to Will Rogers State Beach. And then ... the most fit buxom girls in pink bikinis have the most foul mouths playing beach volleyball. Ooooh ... my New England relatives would be aghast.

Reaction Score
Thank you to everyone who post's regularly during the games. Has anyone else noticed that ESPN.com doesn't even acknowledge we have a Baseball Program, let alone post our scores? Live updates here on the BY are amazing, thanks again.

Try and find us listed at any point this season...

Just bookmark D1Baseball.com's College Baseball Scoreboard

Reaction Score
Be interesting to see what the line-up looks like tomorrow (outside Enzo on the mound):

Reaction Score

-> Game Notes:

· The Huskies have won 10 in a row, their longest win streak since winning 11 consecutive games in 2016.

· The Huskies lead the country with a 9-0 road record.

· UConn has 38 two-out RBI this season.

· Zach Bushling has hit safely in 11 of the 12 games he has played this season. <-

Reaction Score
Be interesting to see what the line-up looks like tomorrow (outside Enzo on the mound):

Yup, even without the hint that Coach Penders dropped, the lineup has been changing a bit every day, that's for sure. Guess Coach is having some fun and for that matter taking advantage of the playing depth of the team, so stay tuned for whatever lineup changes occur tomorrow, and for that matter, it seems for the rest of the season as it plays out.

Reaction Score
From D1Baseball.com:

>5 — UConn makes perfect pitch to be ranked

There are no guarantees in the rankings business, but the Huskies continue to pile up impressive wins, beating Pepperdine 3-2 on Saturday to clinch a series victory on the West Coast. Connecticut’s pitching once again flourished against the Waves, as talented righthanded pitcher Pat Gallagher struck out nine, didn’t walk anyone and allowed a run on five hits in seven innings of work. UConn didn’t need much offensive production against Pepperdine but. Zach Bushling and Erik Stock led the way with two hits each. With the win, the Huskies are now 11-1 and winners of 10-straight games. Jim Penders doing Jim Penders things so far this spring.<

Reaction Score
My excitement is for THREE solid starting pitchers ... and a bunch of young pitching arms. I'm ever curious to see how all these young guys develop - Sullivan, Cooke, Afthim, Coe, Alejandro, O'Donnell, McBride - and then tough guy Willis closing. The bats and fielding coming around. Good solid arc from Florida to today in California; waiting to see some talented guys come forward like Brown and Fedko. Excited about Padilla and Simmons. Hoping Kory Morton gets playing time. All good.

This schedule has been well constructed. Great credit to Coach Penders and his amazing assistants Hourigan, MacDonald and Podeswa

... and then: What a dream Reggie Crawford would have been with this.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Looks like another defensively oriented lineup. Pepperdine's Sunday starter has struggled all year so we should still be able to score some runs. Still no sign of Fedko anywhere and Smith is getting the day off in favor of Morton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom