UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 24 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
So if you think someone is one place and they actually aren’t there that is a distinction without a difference?
The main point of the post is that no one would blame him if he did not come back. The Sun Valley part was added for color. And your theory, btw, has not been validated. In fact, it seems unlikely given that it said it was posted from Sun Valley. In any event, the main point of the post stands. Who cares where he posted from? So, yes, a distinction without a difference. Much like the price of potatoes in Idaho. Would it be important to this discussion to get that right? Kinda beside the point wouldn't u think?

Reaction Score
The main point of the post is that no one would blame him if he did not come back. The Sun Valley part was added for color. And your theory, btw, has not been validated. In fact, it seems unlikely given that it said it was posted from Sun Valley. In any event, the main point of the post stands. Who cares where he posted from? So, yes, a distinction without a difference. Much like the price of potatoes in Idaho. Would it be important to this discussion to get that right? Kinda beside the point wouldn't u think?

Why? He landed a high rated recruit yesterday. Higher than Welliver in fact.

He’s getting hundreds of thousands in NIL to play with.

Our recruiting class is ranked #85.

There is tons to be upbeat about. You people need to pay attention.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Has anything surfaced anywhere to give someone reason to believe Mora isn't planning on return for next season?

Reaction Score
My question now is with the way things are, does the school embrace the "development league" mentality? I can see that working towards our favor. We get a bunch of kids that develop (like Joly and Houston) and can and will go onto to "bigger" name programs. We can use that to build recruiting pipelines into funnelling some higher ranked recruits into the program which in return helps the coaches recruit saying how they can develop them into stars.

Reaction Score
Good point, but I'd be fine even if he IS in Idaho. As a couple others have mentioned, I'm sure he's working night and day during the season. If he wants days back, at his actual home, I don't begrudge him that. And knowing how quickly he got to work when he took this job, I wouldn't be surprised if he's burning the midnight oil even when he is at home

I have a hunch that he is out looking at JUCOs.

Reaction Score
Has anything surfaced anywhere to give someone reason to believe Mora isn't planning on return for next season?
Not to my knowledge. I just said given the overall situation no one would blame him if he walked. It certainly is a s-show.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This isn’t a bad exodus at all. And except for one player only one has lots of D1 offers rolling in.

If you want to see bad then look at Vandy.
Are all the Vandy xfers trying to get to Stanford? If you've got a free ride to Vandy, I think most sane advisors would tell you to stay there.

Reaction Score
Are all the Vandy xfers trying to get to Stanford? If you've got a free ride to Vandy, I think most sane advisors would tell you to stay there.
Unless you get an offer from Northwestern or step down to the Ivy League, that would be the play. Of course if you go to Northwestern I’m not sure your success on the field eill be too much better than at Vandy.

Reaction Score
Why even bring it up?
We were discussing the NIL/Portal mess and how UConn has to look forward to getting picked clean every year. So then someone who likes to pick at nits, picked at one. Is that a problem for you?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We were discussing the NIL/Portal mess and how UConn has to look forward to getting picked clean every year. So then someone who likes to pick at nits, picked at one. Is that a problem for you?
The problem is bringing up a very negative idea completely out of the blue.

There is no reason for anyone to even begin thinking something like this. If you can't see why people who actually care about the football program would have a problem with a post suggesting the head coach may hang it up, with no actual evidence supporting the idea, I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score
Not to my knowledge. I just said given the overall situation no one would blame him if he walked. It certainly is a s-show.
I would. He made a commitment and signed a contract so stick to it. He agreed to coach through 2026. Football program is following his lead so lead, no one said it would be easy.

Reaction Score
Yakiri Walker got offered by Colorado...

He may be a little smaller for a C but his technique must be pretty doggone good to get a FBS offer.... just sayin

He has offers from Colorado, Memphis, and Bowling Green. I thought he performed well this year, but it was shocking to see how small he looked when standing between the guards. I think the offers speak to how hard it is to find an experienced OL in the portal.

Reaction Score
He has offers from Colorado, Memphis, and Bowling Green. I thought he performed well this year, but it was shocking to see how small he looked when standing between the guards. I think the offers speak to how hard it is to find an experienced OL in the portal.
One thing to keep in mind is some of these kids will get a good NIL deal but does not necessarily mean they will play. A lot of teams will build for depth at various positions even though those kids will be a starter at another school

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom