UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
Agreed. I don't remember his precise stats from last year, but I do remember being more confident when he went for a 50 harder last year than when McFadden was going for <40 this year
2022 Ruelas Field Goals - 12 for 16. 2 for 5 from 40-49. 1 for 1 from 50+

2023 McFadden Field Goals - 7 for 13. 1 for 7 from 40-49. 1 for 1 from 50+
2023 Ruelas Field Goals - 3 for 4. 1 for 1 from 40-49. 0 for 1 from 50+

Ruelas made 75% of his field goals, McFadden made 53.85%

I agree Reulas got a raw deal this year.

Reaction Score
The NCAA should reconsider its April 14, 2021 decision to allow players to transfer without sitting out a year. That, along with NIL money, is what made this whole transfer thing get out of control and at this point good luck getting NIL-money toothpaste back in the tube.

Reaction Score
2022 Ruelas Field Goals - 12 for 16. 2 for 5 from 40-49. 1 for 1 from 50+

2023 McFadden Field Goals - 7 for 13. 1 for 7 from 40-49. 1 for 1 from 50+
2023 Ruelas Field Goals - 3 for 4. 1 for 1 from 40-49. 0 for 1 from 50+

Ruelas made 75% of his field goals, McFadden made 53.85%

I agree Reulas got a raw deal this year.
He will be kicking for a P4 school next year

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Exactly. I remember the day that happened. I was in a local eatery and the owner said to me "that's it for me, no more baseball".

You have players you like on your team and all of the sudden they are on another team. It makes it hard to root for players. We all have our favorite teams, but it is getting harder and harder to root for players as it seems in a lot of cases, they don't care about the team, just the money and a few friends on the team.

That's one of the things I really HATE about NIL. You give a player XX amount of $$ and next year he goes to another team for more $$. It seems like wasted money to me.

I guess I'm just old fashioned.

I have nothing against the players getting money from the school for playing sports that the school is making money on, but I wish it could be the same $$ amount for every player on every team. I know it's impossible, but that's where I thought this was going when it first started.

College sports will never be the same for me.

Thank God for tailgates!!!!!
Yeah, except Flood showed how much the owners were taking ultimate advantage of the players. Once a baseball player signs they are typically with the team until the contract is up. Major college sports are way more chaotic and for me a turn off.

Reaction Score
To remain a fan we will need to adjust our view of the sport and our expectations. This same dynamic is playing out now at just about every school. Unless you are in the upper echelon of the sport (say 30 or so programs) you will be losing your best players each year and will need to reconfigure your roster. This is the reality for just about everyone, so the "woe is UConn" takes are not fair. We are in the same boat as just about everybody else in the G5. We can be successful if we have coaches who are able to navigate this new era.
Matt Rhule is complaining that NEBRASKA is getting screwed. LSU isn’t happy. The former Syracuse coach complained they lost all their depth. It isn’t just G5. The whole system stinks worse than a New York City subway mens room.

Honestly, I think NIL alone could have worked. The transfer portal alone Might have worked. But the combination is just a disaster. Whoever thought letting everybody transfer without limitation and get unlimited NIL was just blind.

Reaction Score
It kills me after all the thanking, memories, and this and that all these kids say, "And with that being said"..... I'm bouncing

SMH
I’m with you. Just say I decided to leave and then leave.

Reaction Score
Anyone else concerned that the head coach is Tweeting from Sun Valley Idaho and not Storrs, CT while his best players are bolting?
Not me... Doesn't he like that kind of weather (that's how he was from Day 1 IIRC)... He's entitled to vacation wherever he wants, especially this week... Unless we're allowed to have portal kids on visits this week... then that's a problem...

Reaction Score
Not me... Doesn't he like that kind of weather (that's how he was from Day 1 IIRC)... He's entitled to vacation wherever he wants, especially this week... Unless we're allowed to have portal kids on visits this week... then that's a problem...
Hey everybody takes a vacation. even Tom Coughlin said he took his family to a Red Sox game one time when he coached at BC.

Reaction Score
I think that this is the right way to play this, namely be happy for our guys, even though it sucks for the program. But if the future is our cobbling together a new team every year from the scraps that the P3 do not want, it becomes really hard to care much about the team. It feels more like we are fielding a bad semipro team then a college team.
Mora is taking the right approach.

Reaction Score
Anyone else concerned that the head coach is Tweeting from Sun Valley Idaho and not Storrs, CT while his best players are bolting?
Ski in the morning, work afternoon and evening.

Reaction Score
This sucks to see but it’s reality in college football right now. A lot P4 caliber players at G5 schools are going to be picked off and there’s not much anybody can do about it. Short term, recruiting (HS and Portal) better than the rest of the G5 when the dust settles should still be the goal.

There will be plenty of good players looking for a home, it’s the staffs job to find and develop them. Winning games with guys that may get poached by P4 schools would be a lot better than losing players after going 3-9.

Reaction Score
Not concerned, but where do you see he's tweeting from Idaho? All I see is Earth as the location

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not until you mentioned it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not concerned, but where do you see he's tweeting from Idaho? All I see is Earth as the location
IMG_0976.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom