UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
Not a lot of sympathy for guys who leave mid season, that’s all.

Guys just entering the portal or announcing are already publicizing who is sending them offers… so maybe there is a technical wrinkle I am missing.

Reaction Score
Had high hopes for the bama transfer. Utterly confused that he and some of the other OL transfers couldn’t see PT when OL was mediocre, at best.

Reaction Score
Had high hopes for the bama transfer. Utterly confused that he and some of the other OL transfers couldn’t see PT when OL was mediocre, at best.
Actually, the OL was one of the strongest groups on the team. Ranked 9th in sacks allowed this season. And the PFF grades were pretty food for the starters:

OT: #31 and #73
OG: #2 and #26
C: #67

I think the offense sputtered for 2 reasons. First, Roberson did not run very much. Second, I don't think the offensive scheme played to the strengths of the skill players.

Reaction Score
If our OL was mediocre then what about the transfer oline we brought in? Then they must be below mediocre. Our oline has been the best we’ve had in recent years, to my knowledge our oline according to Pff only gave up 6 sacks this season but I believe we gave up 9 or 12 for the year due to qb. On top of that imagine we had Edwards starting over Brewton and houston because of the way he runs is more more punishing.I bet we pull out a couple of Ws due to the fact he is a bigger body and hard to take down. Charlton, the rb Coach and Mora really in my opinion wasted the talent our oline had to be successful by not giving the ball to Edwards and Rosa till this second half of the season, it was amazing when we ran the ball down the middle instead of sideline to sideline.

Reaction Score
Actually, the OL was one of the strongest groups on the team. Ranked 9th in sacks allowed this season. And the PFF grades were pretty food for the starters:

#31 and #73

I think the offense sputtered for 2 reasons. First, Roberson did not run very much. Second, I don't think the offensive scheme played to the strengths of the skill players.
You completely hit the nail. I am not sure how people do not see how last year offense was much better because we had a qb who was a playmaker and teams had to respect him. Whereas Roberson did not take the yards when the oline gave him a solid running lane.

Reaction Score
Apparently not better than what they already had. Guessing it frees up some NIL money for someone else?

Reaction Score
With Hayes leaving I think there was opportunity for him to start, but I hope he has success where ever he lands.
Yeah, next year we have two open slots at OG that need to be filled.

As for this year Shor was playing tackle and would have had to beat out Senn, who is one of our 5 best players and Lundt, who has a ton of experience albeit not as good at Valentin.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

#31 and #73

1. QBs (all if them) were unable to make reads quickly enough. Passing game was best on quick throws against predictable fronts (ie 3rd and mid/long).

2. OC wasted too many downs trying to be clever when the team couldn't execute that deep into the playbook. This includes the low percentage gadget plays.

3. WRs not named Buckman couldn't get separation. This is the most puzzling part. They should have been better at this, but it could be a result of 1 and 2.

Reaction Score
1. QBs (all if them) were unable to make reads quickly enough. Passing game was best on quick throws against predictable fronts (ie 3rd and mid/long).

2. OC wasted too many downs trying to be clever when the team couldn't execute that deep into the playbook. This includes the low percentage gadget plays.

3. WRs not named Buckman couldn't get separation. This is the most puzzling part. They should have been better at this, but it could be a result of 1 and 2.

Ross and Porter couldn’t get separated? You point out Buckman of all people????

Reaction Score
He is a tackle and didn't make the 2 deep this year and played in zero games.
I thought Shor would've been moved to play inside at Guard... we'll never know... not in Storrs, CT anyways....

Reaction Score

couldn't have summed it up any better...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Ross and Porter couldn’t get separated? You point out Buckman of all people????
Buckman seemed like he had good hands(except on some punts) but he struggled to get separation.

Reaction Score
Yeah, next year we have two open slots at OG that need to be filled.

As for this year Shor was playing tackle and would have had to beat out Senn, who is one of our 5 best players and Lundt, who has a ton of experience albeit not as good at Valentin.

I don’t recall having seen Schor on any two deep lists this year.

Reaction Score
Really thought Shor would get some time this year and get his chance next year.
The kid always looked ready to get in there.
I wish him well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom