UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
I was wondering how long it would take for this threat to start. Now if we can just have an out going staff thread.....
Missed this one eh?

Reaction Score
Not a lot of sympathy for guys who leave mid season, that’s all.
Cry a river…those kids are long gone. Why are they even still a thought?! The team has many more things to be concerned about than “transfer outs”

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I used to dread seeing this thread at the top of the first page.

I have no ill will personally towards any of the players but there is not a single player whose leaving would bother me. Not a single difference maker anywhere on the roster.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
1. QBs (all if them) were unable to make reads quickly enough. Passing game was best on quick throws against predictable fronts (ie 3rd and mid/long).

2. OC wasted too many downs trying to be clever when the team couldn't execute that deep into the playbook. This includes the low percentage gadget plays.

3. WRs not named Buckman couldn't get separation. This is the most puzzling part. They should have been better at this, but it could be a result of 1 and 2.
I would suggest glasses for the point of getting open. Ross, Porter, Joly all got separation

Reaction Score
I would suggest glasses for the point of getting open. Ross, Porter, Joly all got separation
Separation isn’t all about speed. It is about things like precision patterns, timing, accuracy. The air raid offense as run by Leach was focused on quick short passes to precise spots, and overloading zones to force dbacks to pick w/o to cover, for example. Speed is helpful, especially in man coverage, but being in the right spot at the right time is more important. Having a qb who can make quick decisions and get rid of the ball is important too.

Reaction Score
Separation isn’t all about speed. It is about things like precision patterns, timing, accuracy. The air raid offense as run by Leach was focused on quick short passes to precise spots, and overloading zones to force dbacks to pick w/o to cover, for example. Speed is helpful, especially in man coverage, but being in the right spot at the right time is more important. Having a qb who can make quick decisions and get rid of the ball is important too.

Charlton prefers slower developing plays in order to take advantage team speed and strength which allows his players to make plays. That’s the ticket to success.

Reaction Score
I used to dread seeing this thread at the top of the first page.

I have no ill will personally towards any of the players but there is not a single player whose leaving would bother me. Not a single difference maker anywhere on the roster.

Without putting much thought into it, on offense, Cam Edwards, Cam Ross, Joly and Rosa quickly come to mind. You may not care who we lose, but if we lose our best players, you're really gonna care who we get.

Reaction Score
Had high hopes for the bama transfer. Utterly confused that he and some of the other OL transfers couldn’t see PT when OL was mediocre, at best.
Well, 4 returning starters, so we all expected more, but I chalk up some of it to Charlton’s offensive schemes. Don’t understand why an Alabama guy couldn’t break in though.

Reaction Score
With Zion leaving, it's a bummer but I think Mora and Charlton deserve the blame because of politics and on top of that it's almost as if Roberson is being named the face of the football team. When you have a qb who led us to a bowl game and is not giving the chance to be qb1 and build upon last year success, it sucks. I hate the fact last year Mora and Charlton said Zion and Roberson had a close qb competition, but they went with Roberson. This year you make it a 3 way qb competition and give the starting nod to a FCS qb from Maine. To me that is favoritism and not being fair from a players perspective. I bet if ZT was giving the starting nod, Roberson hits the portal.

Reaction Score
With Zion leaving, it's a bummer but I think Mora and Charlton deserve the blame because of politics and on top of that it's almost as if Roberson is being named the face of the football team. When you have a qb who led us to a bowl game and is not giving the chance to be qb1 and build upon last year success, it sucks. I hate the fact last year Mora and Charlton said Zion and Roberson had a close qb competition, but they went with Roberson. This year you make it a 3 way qb competition and give the starting nod to a FCS qb from Maine. To me that is favoritism and not being fair from a players perspective. I bet if ZT was giving the starting nod, Roberson hits the portal.
Just one of many reasons why Charlton should be shown the door. We started the season behind the 8-ball and never recovered.

Reaction Score
I liked Zion Hope it works out for him.
Now we need another quarterback, which I think we were probably looking for in the portal anyway. If the true frosh hangs in, which I hope he will, we are probably looking for an experienced guy with a year or max 2 years of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Hate losing QBs. But, they fit another one coming in. Hems behind Roberson and who knows if Fagnano is an option next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom