UConn OOC updates | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn OOC updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Why would that make me pissy? It's about as relevant as losing Gomes.

The only regret I have is losing Chukwu. Losing Austin worked out well since we landed better wings and may land another soon. If we land Robinson, we'll have 3 better ones coming in than Austin. This is how Uconn works. As for Chukwu, the guy who handled things clearly didn't know what he was doing. St. Joseph's and PC? Really. Ha ha haha.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I can understand your angst with those programs but you're being a tad short-sighted. Games against those programs would help in so many ways (TV exposure, $ and Recruiting). Consider it all the sweeter when we beat them.
If UConn was in a power 5 conference I wouldn't be arguing the case I made. UConn is fighting for it's athletic survival and needs to prove it has cache in NY and NE to get consideration by the ACC and B!G. The short term monies gained by these games are not worth it IMO, to demonstrate that UConn, and not Rutgers or Cuse, is the team which has the greatest attraction in the metro New York area. And UConn, not BCU, has the greatest attraction in NE.

Syracuse, in their favor voted for the ESPN offer but have been rumored to have supported Ville over UConn! Scr*w them!

ND made a decent deal with the ACC in guaranteeing a certain number of football games to make the conference more football attractive. Had they done that with the former BE the conference would have survived and my points would have been moot. And to add injury to injury they voted against the initial ESPN contract! Scr*w them!

And Pitt was the most underhanded of them all as I've indicated because they chaired the negotiations, and got the offer to join the ACC at the same time. They killed the remaining teams with this act! Sc*w them.

UConn is going to add to the great name it has made for itself under JC under the leadership of KO. Once CR turns favorable for UConn I have no objection to playing any of these three! Not before. Not when there are other great candidates wanting to play UConn!

Reaction Score
As those schools would be an upgrade over SHU, DePaul, St. John's, and Providence.
Hey, how many collective years has it been since either of these BE teams made the tourney?
I'm sure UConn and PC will eventually play. But, for now, UConn needs 4-6 high profile OOC games for both exposure, and, tourney seedings (RPI) Right now PC offers UConn neither.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He's one smart dude. His "pissiness" is mild by comparison to many I've observed. I like him as a poster!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Now play nice with Yonick! He has definitely mellowed out towards you! Greatest change in a poster's attitude towards something that I've observed over the many years on these forums.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He took it out on you for a while!:) I couldn't believe the amount of teflon you displayed!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He's smarter than most. Very heady group there. Football is very heady as well. Women also. This group is more mixed. Quite a bit of really smart dudes that prefer showing their testosterone as opposed to their gray matter.

Reaction Score

I'm one of the people here happy with recruiting. Anyone following along can tell you that. I'm just assuming that Purvis, Hamilton and (potentially) Robinson are better wings. There's no way I would know (other than by watching their videos and going off the assessments of countless others).

It may very well be that Austin is better than Hamilton, Purvis and Robinson, and if that's true, congrats.

I'd like to see where you stand on that. Come out and make your predictions now: Austin is better than Hamilton, Purvis and Robinson.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Fun fact: Eastern Washington and Providence both last made the NCAA Tournament in 2004. Both got blown out in the first round.

So basically, we replaced Providence with an equal program.

Come again?

Reaction Score

Being right so often hurts. Plus, people tend to forget the few times I admit I was wrong (it does happen, maybe once a week, just like this week when I blew it on Phase1s sister school). But in general, it's a standard and a burden I have to bear. Otherwise, the board is easily lead astray.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Being right so often hurts. Plus, people tend to forget the few times I admit I was wrong (it does happen, maybe once a week, just like this week when I blew it on Phase1s sister school). But in general, it's a standard and a burden I have to bear. Otherwise, the board is easily lead astray.

In FriarJ's defense, whenever you discuss Penn State, I find you thoroughly full of .

Reaction Score
Geez , now I have you guys reading my mind too!!! My feelings towards PC are not much different than most other UConn fans. Plus, they are similar to how PC fans feel about UConn. Nothing more, nothing less.
BTW, FriarJ, my daughter's wedding was a week ago last Sat. Fantastic experience!!

Reaction Score
Eh, Rothstein also thought that Tyler Olander was the second coming of Troy Murphy. It's hard to put a lot of stock into what he says, given that he rarely says a single negative thing. That being said, Brandon Austin is a good get for the Friars.

Reaction Score
Eh, Rothstein also thought that Tyler Olander was the second coming of Troy Murphy. It's hard to put a lot of stock into what he says, given that he rarely says a single negative thing. That being said, Brandon Austin is a good get for the Friars.

I was just going to reference that exact same Rothstein tidbit. Not saying he's wrong about Austin, but Rothstein watches about 100 teams practice in the preseason and comes out convinced that they're all going to the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom