UConn OOC updates | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn OOC updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score

Have you actually seen Austin play? Or just highlights and second hand sources.

I would wait until you see Austin play college level players in a real game. In high school Purvis was much more advanced. Austin was streaker and had a bit of a higher dribble. Neither were PGs, but Purvis had more tools out of the gate. The biggest difference was that Purvis was much more explosive in high school.

Now maybe Austin will transition more smoothly into college but realistically you can't compare until UCONN has Purvis play.

Reaction Score

Huh? Hamilton, the guy with all the assists in high school? You listen to Goodman too much, and as good as Rothstein might be, Goodman is the opposite. Reviled by all. Even his peers despise him.

Reaction Score

Ridiculous qualifier.

In years past, the Best FR in the BE was Syracuse, UConn, Pitt or Louisville player. Now that moniker is fairly meaningless.

It's a nice tight Catholic conference. Not top 8. AAC might be top 7 this year. And I think most all are disgusted with our conference prospects; nonetheless, you are seeing several good signs amongst. UConn is proving its long term attractions to major Nationals. It's fun laughing at a PC guy. You're less today. That's all.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

"SIENA COULD BE TOP TEN IN THE MAAC DOMT SLEEP ON THEM"

Reaction Score
"SIENA COULD BE TOP TEN IN THE MAAC DOMT SLEEP ON THEM"

You cannot have a Mitch Buonoguoro or Paul Pasqualoni when CR happens.

It's a long shot for Siena to move up. But they capture the Albany 1m population count the whole SMSA) ... And it's humorous to hear this is Cuse territory. It ain't. But one bad AD decision at the wrong time ... And you have no shot. Siena could outdraw PC. Seton Hall. I know that sounds speculative; but, they have good evidence.

I don't know about the Big East ... Except to anecdotally say: I can't find Fox Sports 1 yet. I think this league lost a lot in the last 18 months. Too.

Reaction Score

What is your attendance like without us buying half the tickets? Never really bothered to check out a PC game.

Reaction Score

Wow you're certainly a homer........I don't need to see anything but video's to know this one may never be close. But right now Purvis I am guessing in well ahead!! Only a guess mind you, but an obvious one!

caw

Reaction Score

You missed my point: you haven't seen Austin play college ball yet.

Purvis in high school (did you see him in high school?) was a better player. If you want to compare Purvis and Austin than the best way to do it is to compare them in somewhat equal mediums which would be high school. Can't compare how Austin looked in high school versus how Purvis looked at NCSt. It's a silly comparison.

Austin versus Hamilton is a better comparison in many ways because you only have high school games to compare, Hamilton is just as good a passer a better shooter though Id say Austin is more athletic and has better handles (neither are Napier in this category).

EDIT: you seem to be implying either Hamilton or Purvis are ball hogs (or both). That is a joke right? Hamilton is a fantastic passer and Purvis didn't have issues with sharing at NCST. He did have issues with FT shooting and playing in a horrible system for him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I see no reason to play Providence.

We used to have very competitive rivalry with Holy Cross. But ... things change. Our arc over the next 20 years is towards Florida & Texas & Maryland. I love to say that Ed Cooley will get them competitive ... but a Keno Davis might be just around the corner in 2-5 years. PC won't be able to sustain any high level. They'll become a Siena.

I agree. They need us more than we need them. Back when the the tables were turned, PC wouldn't play UConn.

Reaction Score
Fluck Cuse! And Pitt! And ND. Have no gripes with any current BE teams even Gtown who fought like heck to keep things together.
Georgetown was trying to keep the Big East together really while negotiating there own deal with Fox undermining their commissioner.
Their plan was to disband the old league taking the money name and tourney.(they got 2 of the 3 )
The Cino's are no better than BC, Cuse "or Pitt.
Play them if its in our best interests only.
But don't get Dewey eyed.
Would love Kansas and Michigan State and Indiana!

Reaction Score
Honestly- who the $%#& gives one rat's ass about PC basketball. Once PC makes it to the NCAA and wins a game we can talk about who's players turned out better- until then we are UCONN. There have been way to many PC threads on this board. We are not playing you and do not care about your team.

Feel free to visit and talk about our topics- if you feel compelled to make our threads about PC please feel free to bugger off.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

After the defections of Cuse, Pitt, and WV, but before Louisville and ND left, Georgetown worked hard to keep the Catholic schools from bolting. After Ville and ND the writing was on the wall and Geogetown did the deal you are referring to. And remember UConn was penned in before Ville until, BC, Florida Sate, Clemson and Miami stopped tobacco road. So UConn is more culpable than GTown.

Reaction Score
Eh, if you want to get invited to the dance, you can't curse your possible past/future dates. Sometimes you have to kiss and make up in order to protect your program. I'm not a huge fan of how Syracuse/Pitt did things either, but I'd think we'd want them on our side for any future possible conference realignment.
I don't see how Pitt and Cuse did anything wrong. They took the same opportunity we would have taken if it presented itself. I think both would be on our side if we came up for an ACC vote. We are not regular competitors for the same recruits. BC is a different story.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't see how Pitt and Cuse did anything wrong. They took the same opportunity we would have taken if it presented itself. I think both would be on our side if we came up for an ACC vote. We are not regular competitors for the same recruits. BC is a different story.
It was reported that Cuse was asked who they preferred, UConn or Ville, and they preferred Ville. Perhaps they would want UConn to join the ACC in the future, but that is not certain.

At least at the time of the ESPN negotiations with the old BE, Cuse voted for the ESPN offer. I wonder how they would have voted if the voting was different. See below.

Three voted against the offer - Georgetown, Pitt and ND. ND shouldn't have had any votes but that was an issue I have about the BE selling their soul for a school that was not all in. GTown really thought the conference deserved more money and had no clue what was in the works. The big Quisling, turncoat or Benedict Arnold was Pitt. They chaired the BE at the time of negotiations with ESPN when the contract was presented by ESPN. The offer came about the same time that the ACC had to offer Pitt an invite to the ACC. This stinks because instead of 14 million next season teams that were left behind in the CR movement are making between 1.5 and 5 million.

Reaction Score
You cannot have a Mitch Buonoguoro or Paul Pasqualoni when CR happens.

It's a long shot for Siena to move up. But they capture the Albany 1m population count the whole SMSA) ... And it's humorous to hear this is Cuse territory. It ain't. But one bad AD decision at the wrong time ... And you have no shot. Siena could outdraw PC. Seton Hall. I know that sounds speculative; but, they have good evidence.

I don't know about the Big East ... Except to anecdotally say: I can't find Fox Sports 1 yet. I think this league lost a lot in the last 18 months. Too.
Mitch Buonoguoro , now there is a name from the past. He was one of the candidates interviewed for the UConn job that went to JC. George Karl also threw his hat in the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom