UConn offered center Kameron Rooks today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn offered center Kameron Rooks today

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He looks like he has some range. If he's a true seven-footer, that's a plus. But as some have already mentioned, the conditioning is absolutely horrid.

Maybe the staff feels like they could shave 30 lbs. (down to 240 lbs.??) off this kid and get him in the right shape to increase his hops, stamina, and allow him to use his tools, because the kid does look like his mechanics are good in the spot-up shot...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't normally do this but I got another picture of this kid off of his facebook page. It really shows off his wingspan:
pillsbury_doughboy.jpg

I really would enjoy seeing this kid in one Calhoun's start of the season practices. He'd be up chucking an kidney.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Our scene opens with young Kameron Rook getting off the phone with Kevin Ollie.

Kameron - (excited) Mom! Dad! UConn just offered me a scholarship!

Kameron - I wonder if those crazy UConn fans have themselves a message board? (Googling, Googling.)

Kameron - Why, they do! And there's a thread about me!

As Kameron reads the analysis prepared by a half-dozen overweight, undersmart insurance salesmen, his enthusiasm transforms into abject hatred. A cutaway shows Kevin Ollie reading the same thread and screaming, "What the duck* is wrong with those people?!"

Our scene ends with Kameron shopping Amazon.com for a UMass hoodie.

Cut. Credits.

Reaction Score
oh god...we are seriously desperate...after seeing this video of this kid play...i am beyond happy with wolf...this kid is a walking zombie out there on the court...fast break killer...

Reaction Score

Kameron - I wonder if those crazy UConn fans have themselves a message board? (Googling, Googling.)

As Kameron reads the analysis prepared by a half-dozen overweight, undersmart insurance salesmen, his enthusiasm transforms into abject hatred. A cutaway shows Kevin Ollie reading the same thread and screaming, "What the duck* is wrong with those people?!"

Cut. Credits.

After credits end - a special preview of the next episode:

Kevin Ollie - "Thank God The Boneyard saved me from myself."

Cue UConn fightsong

The End

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think the kid has an upside, I really do. The stroke is nice. I think it's just the conditioning that's throwing everyone haywire on this thread, but let me say this; does anyone believe that conditioning will be a problem after Kevin Ollie and company get a hold of him??? I don't...

Reaction Score
This board is a joke these days. God forbid every player we sign isn't on the fast track to the NBA or a Top 100 recruit. Let's remember that the goshdarn Dove was Top 100 if i'm not mistaken.

We all know we got screwed with the 2012 & 2013 classes because of the coaching situation, etc. Get over it. This kid might develop into a nice piece, and if not, that's why we have 13 scholarships.

Reaction Score

Cut. Credits.

Lets hope he picks the first link and checks out the other other site(?) or first other site (?), duck*ing Rivals. I think the ignorance of the offer would be more welcomed.

Reaction Score
oh god...we are seriously desperate...after seeing this video of this kid play...i am beyond happy with wolf...this kid is a walking zombie out there on the court...fast break killer...

Looks like a Jonathan Mandeldove II, mine as well start holding the line at Wendys for him already. How hard is it to go out and a find a 6'8"+ JUCO Player that can come in with some college experience and be ready to go from Day 1.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Cut. Credits.

Alternate ending:

As Kameron reads the analysis prepared by a half-dozen overweight, undersmart insurance salesmen, his enthusiasm transforms into abject hatred.

Suddenly a giant finger pokes him in the belly and he begins to laugh.

Kameron - Mom do you think they like Cresent Rolls (TM) at UConn?

Kameron's Mom - Yes son, I'm sure they do!

Scene fades away with Kameron and mother laughing while making dinner rolls.

Reaction Score
Some potential there. If he doesn't sign with us, you just know he'll be one of those kids who drops 30 lbs. works hard and scores 50 against us somewhere down the line. Who was the center from BC a few years back who always used to kills us, Abrams? Kid had a weight problem in HS but worked hard and developed in to a nice college player.

Reaction Score
These projects are nice sometimes, but right now we need to land a solid blue-chipper to tell the rest of the world we're not going away. There hasn't been a single piece of news in the last 12 months to stem the hemorrhaging of our reputation as a top program.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
FWIW, I also was not impressed with the 1;47 video of the kid. Slow, extra junk in the wrong places, and really skinny looking in his upper body, and incredibly out of shape. Still, if the staff is offering, they must have seen something they liked. They certainly have been out to see him, probably several times. If they feel he's good enough, that's good enough for me.

Reaction Score
The video of Rooks is a jr. year video. These kids can really change a ton in a year both physically and with cordination and agility. I agree that right now I would rather have a 6'8 250lb rebounding monster rather than another project at C. There has to be a muscular under the radar PF out there somewhere.

Reaction Score
This board is meant for people to voice their opinion and when the day comes that someone comes or does not come to UCONN because of something we say- that is the time Fishy needs to sell the site for some big bucks.

That said fans that believe we should be pulling down top 50 type centers are delusional. There is going to be an adjustment period with JC leaving- that is just a statement of fact. Very few schools have lost a HOF coach and not missed a beat. Add to that KOP contract, The fact the BE is a hot steamy pile and you have a really good reason to manage your expectations for the next few years.

I believe if we get a good 5 on campus and we do not lose anyone this year that we will be playing in the post season next year and that is amazing. The next few years after that - when JC's kids are no longer here will tell the tale of how long we are going to have to wait to get back into the spotlight. ! year? 2-3? Hard to tell. It took uk what 7 years?

The staff knows better then we do- always have always will. If they like this kid then I'll take him if he wants to come to UCONN.

Reaction Score
Being a big body and a 7 footer doesn't hurt. The coaching staff (and nutritionist) will have their work cut out for them though. If he develops into a player like his father, it would be a great addition. From what I remember, his father was the same way when he first went to Arizona (redshirted his freshman year as well).

Reaction Score
Our problem is that we need some contributions from the frontcourt now. Nolan and Facey won't be (old) BE-caliber players until maybe 2014-15. This kid would be no different, if not slower in his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom