UConn offered center Kameron Rooks today | The Boneyard

UConn offered center Kameron Rooks today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great size. Looks like he plays in slow motion a bit. Those turn around, no-look hook shots would get swatted in the stands at the college level. However, I'd take him, nothing the staff can't work on and improve

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
is this a joke? kid is over weight in the wrong areas of the body. has no hops and is not physical for his size to boot. his offense if simply a hook becuase his lenght allows him to do that without jumping and just fading away and it wont get blocked. his d was simply blocking shots of kids that drove with his arms reach. i question if he can reach the rim for christ sake. he wouldnt see the court for 2 or 3 years easy. looks like fat dove to me. we need a impact player down low, not a project right now.

Reaction Score
Wow, I didn't expect that. I'm having a hard time here.

H

Huskieforlife

is this a joke? kid is over weight in the wrong areas of the body. has no hops and is not physical for his size to boot. his offense if simply a hook becuase his lenght allows him to do that without jumping and just fading away and it wont get blocked. his d was simply blocking shots of kids that drove with his arms reach. i question if he can reach the rim for christ sake. he wouldnt see the court for 2 or 3 years easy. looks like fat dove to me. we need a impact player down low, not a project right now.
Yea but Wolf was a project. And he's having a solid year.

Reaction Score
I couldn't "like" what 'HuskyfanDan' said enough! No need for projects. In dire need of Impact players.

Reaction Score

But is another 3 years worth the wait for someone to develop. We already have enough projects Nolan, Tolksdorf and possibly Facey.

H

Huskieforlife

But is another 3 years worth the wait for someone to develop. We already have enough projects Nolan, Tolksdorf and possibly Facey.
Hopefully Facey is not a project. You are right though we need a impact player now. If Facey pans out maybe we can afford to develop this kid.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

did u see wolfs tape before he came across the pond? he looked like a legit center project, not this joker. i shouldnt say that, good luck to the kid but lets be real here. if were going to offer this kid then we should have offered both of those indian twins or that 7'5 kid out in cali as both ar far better projects then this kid.

wolf ran th court and was in shape in hs. he dunked on the run and had a jumper back then. hes showing it now here in year 3. what ppl dont remember is wolf had to prep a semester and then got hurt and gained weight not being in the gym. hes gone thru struggles and now is in shape and focused. hes easily serviceable and improving rapidly as he gets more time. he has great potential. he will be playing pro ball somewhere down the line and be a asset to uconn.

this kid makes dove hs wise look like omeka in the nba.

Reaction Score
Wolf had better tape than this. This kid looks like has average run of the mill public HS basketball talent but hes a 7 footer. I really hope we get through these tough times because 5 years ago this kid couldn't be our team manager. He is way out of shape. Doesn't look aggressive whatsoever, Has minimal range or movement, an ugly jump shot, an equally as ugly back to the basket hook. I like size but Ill take half of a jeff adrien any day over the allure of this 7 footer.

Reaction Score
He's Sean Rooks kid, who played at Arizona. The kid has an offer from Arizona,but since he hasn't committed there, maybe he doesn't want to follow his dad there.

H

Huskieforlife

did u see wolfs tape before he came across the pond? he looked like a legit center project, not this ****ing joker. i shouldnt say that, good luck to the kid but lets be real here. if were going to offer this kid then we should have offered both of those indian twins or that 7'5 kid out in cali as both ar far better projects then this kid.

wolf ran th court and was in shape in hs. he dunked on the run and had a jumper back then. hes showing it now here in year 3. what ppl dont remember is wolf had to prep a semester and then got hurt and gained weight not being in the gym. hes gone thru struggles and now is in shape and focused. hes easily serviceable and improving rapidly as he gets more time. he has great potential. he will be playing pro ball somewhere down the line and be a asset to uconn.

this kid makes dove hs wise look like omeka in the nba.
You do make a good point. That 7'5 kid would have been an interesting project.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
He's Sean Rooks kid, who played at Arizona. The kid has an offer from Arizona,but since he hasn't committed there, maybe he doesn't want to follow his dad there.

so your telling me other schools have offered? what was that video then? from 8th grade or something? maybe i'm missing something here...

Reaction Score
so your telling me other schools have offered? what was that video then? from 8th grade or something? maybe i'm missing something here...
Supposedly Arizona, Cal, Washington and ASU all offered. It shows why the Pac only has 1 top 25 team.

Reaction Score
Boy that was completely underwhelming! A highlight film of a 7 footer without a dunk? Not even a lay-up line one hander?

If I'm pondering if our AD is in better shape than this prospect, it's not a good sign.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You're missing a lot of things...

like what? speak up. the thread has a video that makes me want to put short on and take him 1-1. i hope to god ko isn't reaching becuase were in a bad spot recruiting wise.

caw

Reaction Score
Just from some Googling; kid has grown 3-4 inches fairly recently to reach 7 feet. He also had some kind of leg injury which could have played a factor in his conditioning. That said, he needs to get on the Wolf diet immediately.

Reaction Score
wow, what a disappointment after watching that video. is it just me or does this kid look absolutely gassed every time there is a close up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom