UCONN - NC State post mortem thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UCONN - NC State post mortem thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Game was a bit reminiscent of the Arkansas game in 2021. UConn couldn't stop Dungee (37 points) and gave up a ton of points. Paige scored 27 in that game too.

The team figured things out and recovered from that loss. Season is very young. No need to panic.

Reaction Score
DOMINATED!!!!
I just flushed my lofty expectations down the toilet…. Rivers was the best player/guard on the floor. Uconn has no legitimate bigs… won’t be able to compete against the best teams with talented bigs and good guards who are willing to play tough defense. Uconn has to shoot lights out, because they won’t get second chances… This NC was no fluke!
Now that your expectations are gone, you can just relax, have fun, watch some basketball and enjoy the team/kids. They’re all good kids.

Reaction Score
I think they can beat MD, which did not look all that impressive today. However, this appears to be a team with some very obvious weaknesses, and any coach worth his or her salt will figure out ways to exploit them. UConn is surprisingly unquick, which will lead to continual foul problems.
Someone earlier asked whether it is best to have your worst game of the season in November or inn the tournament. The answer to that is obvious, but what makes that person think this will be the worst game this team plays. Based on this performance, they could easily come up with worse, either with a underperforming victory against a weaker team, or by taking a real whupping against a team like SC.
In all, it is just very disappointing.

Reaction Score
AP getting healthy and coming back should help some of the rebounding issues, but you sacrifice offense for that. I’d still Ike to see AE and Ice play together just to see if it works or not. Especially in the games where the rebounding is skewing hard in a negative direction.

If it doesn’t work so be it, and not sure how the offense works maybe you have ICE on the blocks and AE up by the foul line, but to me would be worth trying.

Reaction Score
IMG_2718.jpeg

Reaction Score
7 - 22 from the three point line is not the mark of a good shooting team. Being out rebounded by 41 - 29 is not good.
It’s the combination of both that has me really annoyed. Miss 3s, fine, but you need to clean up on the rebounds. Get out rebounded, fine, but you need to be making 3s. You cannot be bad at both. UConn is gonna have to find a way to fix at LEAST one of these issues.

Reaction Score
While I agree that the Huskies were soft under the boards, keep in mind that 22 of NC State's 41 rebounds were from their guards. Their backcourt outrebounded UCONN's guards by 10.
NC State made a concerted effort to control the boards & their execution was successful.

Reaction Score
Did anyone want the starting lineup changed after the blowout win over Dayton? Geno sees the chemistry or lack thereof in practice every day. If he changes the starting lineup for next game by inserting Q, where do the points come off the bench?

Reaction Score
That was a very good, very well coached team! As for us, once again we are shown to be simply lacking in toughness! I’ve been worrying about this for a few years now. We just don’t seem to be able to punch back when we get punched in the mouth. Our shooters, the strength of our team, (with the exception of Q and Paige) were terrible! Not only did they miss but many of the misses weren't even close! It looked like they were rattled and uncomfortable from the start! Azzi seemed reluctant to shoot for a long stretch, though she did hit a few pull ups. Finally, if we don’t see a complete turnaround in our rebounding and, to a lesser extent, our defense, we’re not gonna sniff the final four! Pretty disappointing!
Watched the SC Maryland before UConn. SC definitely looked like a number1 team. They completely dominated 15 Maryland in every facet of the game.

Reaction Score
A complete and total disaster. Coaches didn't seem upset.
The coaches knew before the season started what their weaknesses were. A lot fans ignored them. And they got exposed.

Reaction Score
Everybody has pretty much said it all. Teams with quick guards and bigs that rebound will be this teams Achille's heel. We looked like we had cement in our sneakers, most of NCSTs shots were wide open.
Geno has to go back to the drawing board,, his team is way to predictable on offense.
Worst rebounding game ever.

Reaction Score
Anyone know what occurred prior to the season that made Geno question his team's ability to overcome adversity? I thought UConn practices were harder (more difficult) than games.

Reaction Score
This team is obviously short, with just Edwards. Elalfy Patterson injured. Deberry (where is she?)
Ducharme fragile. Brady still a freshman. If you are small, to have some chances you must shoot very well, and you must defend very aggressively. Otherwise no way. We are going to learn the lesson. Work in progress.
who is Deberry

Reaction Score
cheered when Griffin was on ground in pain
Some of that was reaction to it not being called a foul, which it wasn't but if I'm a SCS fan that's my immediate fear and for a moment, yeah, I'm feeling relief and maybe even applauding before the realization of a possible serious injury sets in). I thought it was great home crowd. Not a polite crown, not a respectful crowd by any means. Raccous, I would say. Helped them a lot.

Reaction Score
While I agree that the Huskies were soft under the boards, keep in mind that 22 of NC State's 41 rebounds were from their guards. Their backcourt outrebounded UCONN's guards by 10.
NC State made a concerted effort to control the boards & their execution was successful.
Unable to watch the game. Geno have his usual offense: low post, high post, 3 guards outside the arc?

Reaction Score
I have noticed something in the last few years that I never thought I would see from a Geno-coached team - lack of hustle and toughness.

I guess the time has finally arrived that Geno has to coach effort at UConn.

Reaction Score
Everybody has pretty much said it all. Teams with quick guards and bigs that rebound will be this teams Achille's heel. We looked like we had cement in our sneakers, most of NCSTs shots were wide open.
Geno has to go back to the drawing board,, his team is way to predictable on offense.
Worst rebounding game ever.
This?
Dribble ball up the right side of the court.
Low post.
High post.
3 guards/wings outside the arc.
Picks set by high post.
Backdoor cuts.

Reaction Score
Unable to watch the game. Geno have his usual offense: low post, high post, 3 guards outside the arc?
Yeah, but the main problem was that the offense was stagnant. No rotating, picks, or cutting. Just standing around waiting to take a jumper. And the jumpers weren't falling!

Reaction Score
We'll be fine and figure it out. It's only November. Today is only a detriment to those who thought we would go undefeated.

Reaction Score
Some of the Prognositcator predictions were borderline insulting for Wes Moore and the program he's got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom