UConn MHOC 22-23 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 22-23

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
he.jpeg

:D

Reaction Score
Good results for Huskies tonight: BU dropped three points (lost to Lowell), Northeastern dropped two (Shootout loss to Maine, UMass dropped one (OT win over Merrimack), and Providence dropped one (Shootout win over UNH). Only Lowell picked up three.

Reaction Score
Ohio State beat #1 Minnesota yesterday. The Buckeyes are now 7-1-1.
Interesting to see where rankings are on Monday.
UConn and OSU are both 7-1-1.
UConn beat N/R BC
OSU beat #1 MINN
UConn currently #10
OSU currently #11

Simple switch?

Reaction Score
Interesting to see where rankings are on Monday.
UConn and OSU are both 7-1-1.
UConn beat N/R BC
OSU beat #1 MINN
UConn currently #10
OSU currently #11

Simple switch?
If there is a switch I have no problem with that. The OSU win only helps UConn in the Pairwise rankings, but overall UConn just needs to take care of the business that's in front of them, and I have a sense that Cavs is a really good coach at having teams limit their focus to the short range in order to achieve longer term goals...

Reaction Score

I'm surprised OSU is only 14th after beating the then #1 team with a record equal to UConn's. The eye test says they are a terrific team - big and fast and should be a candidate for the 16 heading to the tournament if they continue their excellent play. And always great that UConn is also in this conversation!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The way Won/OW is represented is really confusing (and a stupid as hell concept).

There are two things going on in this chart.

One, is the NCAA record which doesn't recognize OT at all. A tie at the end of regulation is a tie.

Second, is the HE standings, 3 pts for a regulation win, 1 point for ending regulation in a tie, and 1 extra point for winning either OT scenario.

To properly read it, you need to do a bit of math since it shows OT wins as wins even though OT wins are only worth 2 points.

I read the HE standings this way:
Wins x 3 plus
OL x 1 minus
OW x 1 minus
SW X 1

(4 x 3) + 0 - 1 - 0 = 11

Reaction Score
There are two things going on in this chart.

One, is the NCAA record which doesn't recognize OT at all. A tie at the end of regulation is a tie.

Second, is the HE standings, 3 pts for a regulation win, 1 point for ending regulation in a tie, and 1 extra point for winning either OT scenario.

To properly read it, you need to do a bit of math since it shows OT wins as wins even though OT wins are only worth 2 points.

I read the HE standings this way:
Wins x 3 plus
OL x 1 minus
OW x 1 minus
SW X 1

(4 x 3) + 0 - 1 - 0 = 11
NCAA does recognize OT wins and losses. They don't recognize Shootout wins and losses, which HE does. Our OT wins vs Union and BU count among the seven wins. The tie with Ohio State at the end of OT is the one and only tie. The only loss is to BU in regulation. Hence 7-1-1.

We've had no shootouts so far in HE games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom