UCONN-Maryland post game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN-Maryland post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KK played like a demon. 12 pts on 5-6 and 5 assists. I just loved seeing her grab a loose ball and tear off down the floor. Talk about terrorizing an opposing team.

Ashlynn was again a total ball hawk. 10 pts on 4-7 in 16 mons. Wherever the ball is, she's right there too. I love watching her play.

Qadence didn't find the range tonight.

Ice seemed to find her good energy.

Aubrey owned the boards, and 4 blocks!

Aaliyah was a force on defense at the top of the arc, but this hurt her rebounding. Too many turnovers. She hasn't quite regained her mojo yet.

And of course Paige: 24 pts points on 10-15. 2-3 from 3, 6 steals!!, 5 rebounds, and generally kept the team focused and settled.

Reaction Score
I'm bummed for those two, but I think the team played more uptempo, and therefore harder to defend, tonight with them out of the lineup. Loving the frosh, and having Brady back, they are not afraid to scrap & shoot! I would love for this subbing pattern to continue!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I thought all 4 freshmen played well. Although she didn’t have the same scoring as last game, Qadence continued to play fearlessly. On one play, she got the ball curled around a screen to flash to the free throw line where she took the shot. The shot didn’t fall tonight but the play was awesome because Q didn’t have a second of hesitation, unlike a couple upperclassmen. I think that Q is still too slender to play with the bangers from Maryland, just a bad matchup for her.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It took until the second quarter for UConn to assert itself. Loved the physical, aggressive play they put on MD. Took MD right out of the game.

The freshmen showed they are ready to play. Ice used her body down low and caused all sorts of problems. Ash moved well without the ball to get open and played good defense. KK's breakout game. The girl is the real deal.

Definitely need more Brady & Edwards and the high low game.

Reaction Score
Paige is unreal. Just soaking in watching her play as her talent and will and unreal. Arnold as shade showed out tonight. Freshman can also be inconsistent so Q struggled. Team showed grit after a slow start. A really good response post ncsu.

Reaction Score
A much, much better rendition of UConn's traditional defense....happy to see our freshman maturing quickly. Paige really owned it and Aubrey was awesome. I hope Azzi gets better soon, someone might try to steal her spot. CD is a big question mark.

Reaction Score
It seemed that Aaliyah was up high a lot. Broken plays that were supposed to result in her being down on the block? There seemed to be a few minutes of paralysis when Paige went out, maybe psychological after the Azzi news?

Reaction Score
That was the aggressiveness of Huskies of ol' , when they led the nation in defense as well as offense. On the floor scrambling for every loose ball, moving feet furiously and waving hands and arms, going after the ball for rebounds...just plain effort! KK and Ashlyn were outstanding, Paige was outstanding, but could be more selfish. Great all around effort for all who played. I hope Caroline is alright. Ines seemed angry on the bench, and I don't blame her.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think the team showed that they could handle the physical play of the turtles. I thought after Paige was charged with the intentional foul, on the player that mugged her, that they might shy away from the physicality. They did not. It seemed to me that the turtle's game plan was to beat up Paige and I thought that they might succeed but Paige didn't give in an inch. I liked how when the announcers said that Sellers hit Paige with her hip, they down played it. But from what I remember about hockey, it looked to me like a common hip check.
I kept yelling to myself that Ice needed to stay inside to get her shots, but she shut me up.
But it was a good team win with Paige showing how she can take the game over and control it. Cudos to the newbies...they all showed up!!!!

Well done Huskies! Gonna be a pleasure to watch @MJL243's replay tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Yes, the freshmen class will be outstanding, but until that moment comes, UConn has the outstanding player. Is there a doubt in anyone's mind that if Paige was so inclined, she could put up Caitlin Clark numbers at will?

Count me a skeptic thinking that the freshmen class would have to wait a year before making their mark. Glad to see Ashlyn get and make the most of her opportunity. KK looked more comfortable as the game went on and Ice showed her sweet left-handed shooting stroke from deep.

Hopefully, the news on Azzi will be promising, but Caroline seems out of sorts. She will be needed down the road, particularly if Azzi will be out for an extended period.

Great effort tonight, especially on the defensive end. Aubrey & Paige showed their leadership playing by example with steals, blocks and rebounds.

On a separate note, I don't think I've ever seen another player make more crazy angle, off-balance, high degree of difficulty shots than Shyanne Sellers.
Physicality with minimum fouls. Paige took a shot to the face, not the first blow, reacted with the takedown and maybe it helped

Reaction Score
Not in mine. but she wants to build a different kind of team spirit.
Paige and Caitlin are two different kind of basketball talents, for sure, but I'm pretty sure Iowa's team spirit is just fine as it is. Remember, the Hawkeyes' roster is not stocked with a bevy of highly recruited players.

Paige and Caitlin are the right fit for their respective teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom