UConn is #1 in the newest coaches poll | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn is #1 in the newest coaches poll

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know whats really scary. We're not firing on all cylinders yet. When we get to that point and Im referring to scorers scoring we're gonna be scary good. I expect Liv to start knocking down her 15 footers and I expect Christyn to get her outside shot goin. I also expect the coaches will clean up some of the hiccups like illegal screens and missed foul shots. We have beaten 4 of 5 top 25 teams and we're much better then we were a few weeks ago and getting better. The teams determination is sky high.

Reaction Score
After the SC game. You can see UConn is 14-1 and South Carolina is 15-2.
The AP poll is before the game.
Thank you. For some reason I thought they both came out on Monday afternoons.

Reaction Score
Not all that crazy. Yes, Connecticut won on our own court. But in overtime. And while being out rebounded substantially by South Carolina. And it took a magical game by Paige to do it. Would UConn do the same to SC if the game were held down there? Putting South Carolina at #1 wouldn't be all that crazy.... They're really good.
I agree, if one of those easy put back had gone in, we would not be discussing it here. A very lucky win on home court. Neither team had any flow through out most of the games. I wish both teams luck! Hope they will meet in the final and decide the outcome without having to go into OT :)

Reaction Score
It will all be decided during the tournament. For the person who wondered if UConn could do the same if the played in SC: The tournament is not in SC; the tournament is in San Antonio. Do you think Evina will have another game where she scores zero points? I don't. Also, it's not like there were fans in Gampel, and they were cheering for UConn and that gave them an immense advantage.

Reaction Score
Well, if two teams are very evenly matched it seems irrefutable that a few unfair calls could easily have a dramatic effect on the outcome of the game. Check out the famous USA vs Russia game in the olympics where a bad/blatantly wrong call cost us the game.
Multiple bad calls. Russia got 3 tries to win. The calls were so egregious the US team declined the silver medals.

Reaction Score
Right now, The Creme Bracketology has #2 MD and #3 Arizona in our region. That is not easy by any stretch
While Adia Barnes has done a wonderful job at Arizona, bringing them from the PAC 12 cellar to a top 10 ranking in 4 years, they are not close to being able to beat UConn. Maryland is another team that would not bother me to see in our bracket. #2s & #3s by definition are not easy, but those two imo are definitely not the toughest teams at their respective ranking levels.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom