UConn in the WNBA | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn in the WNBA

Reaction Score
1000010375.jpg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Anyone know why Nika is not playing?
Nope. Nor Lou Lopez Seneschal, nor Grace Berger. It’s not like Seattle or Dallas are exactly lighting up the league. Nor could Indiana possibly suffer from playing a team-oriented Swiss Army Knife who passes, rebounds, and shoots the midrange.

And those teams all contain players I’m not crazy about watching. It’s getting to the point that I’ll watch the Lynx and maybe my home teams (Washington and Connecticut, where I’d like to see Olivia and Moriah playing more). Maybe I’ll watch Seattle, Dallas, or Indiana for five minutes the next day if one of my faves plays. But I’m done with turning on the Skylar and Jewell show, the Arike show, and the Kelsey and Caitlin show till something changes.

[/rant mode]

Reaction Score
I keep wondering that too. At least a few minutes to rest the others and get her some experience in case she is needed. Realistically she is probably their best bet for a good backup point guard. I’m wondering if there’s any animosity between the players against the popularity of Nika and if some of those players aren’t too willing or excited to be working with the UConn player? There are several Tennessee, Notre Dame and a Stanford player that may not be happy to help her earn minutes? Just a thought? Hopefully not.

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Maybe the Storm are worried about Nikas offence. They could be working on that in practice and will work her in when she can start making shots in practice before they put her on the floor on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
Probably because it's not a recreation league. In a 40 game season, coaches aren't developing unknown talent for the future. Most of them have to win to keep their jobs and are going to play veterans and players they trust as much as possible. The bottom three on rosters are there mainly for injury backups.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Seattle is up almost 30 against Indiana with 5 minutes left and the can't put Nika in the game? Come on!

Reaction Score
It was nice seeing Nika get some burn, although it was rather pedestrian. Glad it was some PT and hopefully gives her some confidence.

Katie Lou was impressive, and definitely belongs.

I’m not a big CC fan. Her offense is good but her defense is terrible.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Was it predictable that Nika acquired 3 fouls in 5 minutes of playing time against Indiana tonight?

Reaction Score
Was it predictable that Nika acquired 3 fouls in 5 minutes of playing time against Indiana tonight?
Probably all that pent up energy sitting on the bench knowing she could have prevented Clark from scoring many of her points. She caused an immediate turnover by Clark inbounding the ball. Wondering what the Storm has planned for Nika? They didn’t even have her running point when Skylar was out. Perfect example of being drafted by the wrong team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom