UConn in the NFL | Page 25 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Reaction Score
Nick Williams getting some good pre-season burn with the Falcons playing tonight on NBC. And it's cool to see Kashif Moore still hanging on to a roster spot with the Chiefs, they play Saturday afternoon.

Reaction Score
Ramblings from The Runway: Tough day for former UConn products

>>Receiver Kashif Moore was let go by the Kansas City Chiefs while cornerback Blidi Wreh-Wilson was among those waived by Tennessee. Wreh-Wilson as a third-round pick of the Titans in the 2013 NFl draft but was seeing time at safety during camp to see if he'd be a better fit there. Previously running back Donald Brown was released by the New England Patriots and after a brief stay in Miami's camp, Danny Lansanah was also let go. Also, Andrew Opoku (who began his collegiate career at UConn before finishing up at Delaware) was among the recent cuts by the Colts and going back a while, Shakim Phillips was waived by Pittsburgh.

There's also been bad news on the injury front as Darius Butler (Colts), Geremy Davis (Giants), Marcus Easley (Bills) and Sio Moore (Colts) have all missed time due to injury.<<

Discusses Andrew Adams and others in link.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Beatty to NYG a done deal. 1 yr deal worth just over $1 mill plus $750K in incentives. He should be starting at RT by week 1.
Andrew Adams still on NYG roster. They cut Safties Bennett Jackson and Cooper taylor earlier today

I'm a big Giant fan happy to see Cooper Taylor go. Intriguing prospect with his high/size combo who could never find the ball on the playing field. Its a pretty stark contrast between Taylor and Adams. Adams was in the action nearly every play.

Happy for Beatty - good for him, good for the Gmen too.

Reaction Score
Beatty's biggest issue has always been health. When on the field, he's been at worst a league-average LT. I'm not sure he can play RT. I also don't think Flowers is a LT and the Giants are crazy to be so confident in him at that position.

Reaction Score
I'm a big Giant fan happy to see Cooper Taylor go. Intriguing prospect with his high/size combo who could never find the ball on the playing field. Its a pretty stark contrast between Taylor and Adams. Adams was in the action nearly every play.

Happy for Beatty - good for him, good for the Gmen too.
All the NYG need to do now is cut Mykkele Thompson...and Reese will be 2 for 5 drafting Safeties the past few yrs. IMHO Adams sticks because he can play S well and also be a factor on Special's. Taylor was always hurt and was a typical Reese reach. Good riddance!

Reaction Score
My guess is Adams is destined for the practice squad, but with the injury history of others it is likely he will get some time on the 53 man roster.

Reaction Score
NYG are at 74 now..Beatty will make 75. Adams still there.

Reaction Score
Stunning. All the serious Gmen blogs had Davis in and even Adams in. Bummer.
There have been some rumblings that Davis hadn't developed into the special teams player he needed to be to stick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom