UConn in the NFL | Page 27 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's gonna hurt. But somebody clarify why that's a personal foul? None of those three guys running down the field are aware of the blocked kick? Being unaware, he basically took his guy out of the play like he's supposed to. If it's simply because it was up a bit high, I don't get it. I mean, that guy is in no way defenseless. Maybe I just underestimate how sissy the league has become??

Edit: maybe he hit the guy while he was still out of bounds, I didn't think of that.

Well for his sake, hopefully it will get lost amongst the other 47 Giants penalties today.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's gonna hurt. But somebody clarify why that's a personal foul? None of those three guys running down the field are aware of the blocked kick? Being unaware, he basically took his guy out of the play like he's supposed to. If it's simply because it was up a bit high, I don't get it. I mean, that guy is in no way defenseless. Maybe I just underestimate how sissy the league has become??

Edit: maybe he hit the guy while he was still out of bounds, I didn't think of that.
Can't tell if this is serious.

The UR personal foul had little to do with the Redskins' gunner being defenseless. It was a combination of 1) the hit being at or above the shoulders. and 2) the pandemic of levels of former players committing suicide, rampant marijuana use to aid in the recovery from injury, and instances of CTE in nearly 100% former NFL players' brains tested. Real sissy stuff.

Refs are hyper cognizant about anything up high. Not to mention the "block" was indeed unnecessary. Regardless if Adams knew if the punt was blocked, he had to have had a notion that the play was no where near him.

To you and I, football is entertainment. A way to pass a weekend afternoon. To these guys, it is literally their life and there is no reason not to take precautions

Reaction Score
Can't tell if this is serious.

The UR personal foul had little to do with the Redskins' gunner being defenseless. It was a combination of 1) the hit being at or above the shoulders. and 2) the pandemic of levels of former players committing suicide, rampant marijuana use to aid in the recovery from injury, and instances of CTE in nearly 100% former NFL players' brains tested. Real sissy stuff.

Refs are hyper cognizant about anything up high. Not to mention the "block" was indeed unnecessary. Regardless if Adams knew if the punt was blocked, he had to have had a notion that the play was no where near him.

To you and I, football is entertainment. A way to pass a weekend afternoon. To these guys, it is literally their life and there is no reason not to take precautions

Um, I get all that, but these two guys are running down the field together. In the same direction. The simple physics don't allow for that to be a dangerous play at all. If that's going to garner a flag, then football should just throw in the towel.

And I'm not just a entertainment junkie or some concussion denier, I've actually worked on and studied numerous CTE (not an actual diagnosis) cases and determined the cause and damage of head trauma.

And I don't know if you have ever played football or even seen it in person, but gunners, receivers, or other players running downfield NEVER know something has happened at the ball, like a botched snap or fumble or blocked kick.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If you sincerely "get all that," there should be no, "but."

Why do I get the feeling if the play didn't involve the Giants or a former UConn player, it passes without comment? The flag was thrown and it was the right call.

Reaction Score
If you sincerely "get all that," there should be no, "but."

Why do I get the feeling if the play didn't involve the Giants or a former UConn player, it passes without comment? The flag was thrown and it was the right call.

If he was out of bounds or if they ruled he wasn't allowing the guy to return to the field, then fine. But if it is singularly for contact to the head, I disagree that two men running down the field at the same speed should warrant that kind of flag. Regardless of UConn relationship. Look at my post history if you must, I've had no issue calling out any UConn player or coach. I don't know why you get that feeling. Is your bias showing?

The "but" you are referring to is the simple truth that personal foul/contact to the head/ targeting calls are all over the place and have no consistency. Have you listened to Rich Eisen at all. There is no continuity across football and it's a problem. My neighbor (played WR and special teams at WVU recently) watched it with me and agreed. He said only if the guy was out of bounds. For what it's worth.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Well as long as your neighbor agrees with you, that's good enough for me (i.e not worth a whole lot).:rolleyes: Thing is, that is the rule, and as far as being a problem, it is not. The inconsistency and absence of common sense in determining what constitutes a catch is a problem. Calling a penalty on a head shots at or around the neck is looking out for the best interest of players within the context of a fairly brutal game.

I was at the Big E on Sunday but had the game on DVR (Low and behold, through disabling my Google and fantasy alerts, I actually was able to avoid all conduits of the game and final score until 8:00 that night). Unfortunately, I erased it and I can't find a replay of a play that technically doesn't exist, except for the offsetting penalties. However, as I recall, they were not just running down the field. The 'Skins gunner was out of bounds and 1) as he was coming back in, Adams hit him, 2) up at or above the shoulders. He's supposed to let the guy back in bounds, but I don't think merely preventing a guy from doing so is grounds for an unsportsmanlike personal foul.

Be that as it may, this is not a controversial call. If it were, why, in the day of faux outrage and contrarian opinions, aren't literally any other New York-centric source making as big of a deal of it? One (nj.com) goes so far as to say that Adams "launched" into the defender. Another called it bone headed.

That said, I'm done with this topic. There are certainly other, probably more mundane, matters of UConn discourse upon which I can waste my time.

Reaction Score
Andrew just made a big mistake. Hope he recovers

He recovered... started @ Safety tonight.
04.jpg

Reaction Score
He recovered... started @ Safety tonight.
View attachment 15963
In on at least 3 big plays already. Saved a TD with an ankle tackle on McKinnon, tackle for loss on Diggs and also blew up McKinnon and broke up the pass to the flat.

Adams ended up w/ 2 solo tackles and 4 assists. Shamar Stephen finished w/ 1 assist.

Reaction Score
Weird. That defense is awful top to bottom. Not sure why these two guys are getting the axe. Especially since the big reason they've been so bad is a sheer lack of bodies.

Husky25

Reaction Score

Speaking of Sio... Class act!

@UConnFBall365 1 hour ago ·
Sio Moore making UConn proud. Jazz is smiling on his football brother
The Human Side of Football

The Colts' defense is awful. That's not Sio Moore's fault. It's Grigson's.

Maybe if he spent more time focused on contracts and cap implications instead of the psi of footballs or AFC championship Game Participation awards, he'd put together better personnel.

Reaction Score
Time for someone like Todman to play a good game (if given the chance) to make some UConn alumni headlines.

Those UConn alum player headlines in the NFLIt's getting pretty slim these days. Go Byran!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Looked like AA tipped pass leading to INT!

Edit: was actually tipped by Nelson who he was covering.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom