UConn in the NFL | Page 79 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Reaction Score
Need a brain refresher.

Do the Giants have to keep him on the injured list and pay him some level of salary until he gets a clean bill of health?
He will get paid the full salary on IR, and if the Giants did choose to release him I believe they'd have to reach some sort of settlement because of the injury so he'd get paid something.

Giants have 2 options to get him to IR. They can either keep him on the final 53 man roster and then place him on IR, or can add him to IR as part of the final roster cuts but he'd have to pass through waivers first

Reaction Score
I think Boyle was given a lot of opportunity maybe too soon for him. The drop off from Shireffs to Boyle was huge. Lagow was overlooked.

I went to the open practice in 2013 and I remember Boyle throwing the ball so fast that I actually heard it hissing from the sideline where I was standing.

but you are correct, Shirreffs was the better college QB. It happens quite often. Boyle is also having a better pro career than Heisman winner Johnny Manziel and many other high profile college QB's.

This is also why we can't completely write off a QB like Millen, he might suddenly blossom into a solid starter under someone like Charlton. The physical skills are there.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom