UConn in the NFL | Page 78 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Probably why he got overlooked. Ravens got a steal with him.

Tough to definitively say overlooked. He was the fourth DT taken. I think the two DT's out of UGA were generally speculated to be the first two DT's taken.

Yes, we would have all liked to have seen him go late first round or second round, but most boards had him somewhere in the 2-3 round range and he went in the third. Just not a lot of teams drafting DT's this year.

Is it possible he ends up being the best DT from this draft? Sure. But he was a top 5 player drafted in his position which means teams knew his value.

Reaction Score
Darrien Beaver started for the Giants. He also started his colllege career for the Huskies. So he was a UConn player and he is in the NFL. But we never see his picture, or Boyle's, in these twitter postings.

Reaction Score
The Giants new GM blowing this pick in the 3rd round really makes me question his ability.

Reaction Score
Tough to definitively say overlooked. He was the fourth DT taken. I think the two DT's out of UGA were generally speculated to be the first two DT's taken.

Yes, we would have all liked to have seen him go late first round or second round, but most boards had him somewhere in the 2-3 round range and he went in the third. Just not a lot of teams drafting DT's this year.

Is it possible he ends up being the best DT from this draft? Sure. But he was a top 5 player drafted in his position which means teams knew his value.

Fair enough points, Chin. Just my perception though that some teams saw "UConn" next to his name and quickly skimmed past him.

Reaction Score
I don't know. If he was at a more successful school, would he have been double teamed as much? If he wasn't double teamed, would he have caused more chaos? If he caused more chaos during his career, would his stock have risen? These are all good questions that none of us have the answer to, but it makes you wonder.

Reaction Score
Currently there are three guys playing in the preseason who are former Huskies but attended other schools before joining the NFL.

Tyler Davis - Georgia Tech - Packers
Tim Boyle - Western Kentucky -Lions
Darrian Beavers - U of Cinny- Giants

Are there any others?

Reaction Score
Currently there are three guys playing in the preseason who are former Huskies but attended other schools before joining the NFL.

Are there any others?

Exactly how incompetent was our coaching that we had a kid in the program who is sticking in the League as a QB and while he was at UCONN he was a borderline disaster? It's not like we've been overrun with QB talent. Honest to god.......

Reaction Score
Exactly how incompetent was our coaching that we had a kid in the program who is sticking in the League as a QB and while he was at UCONN he was a borderline disaster? It's not like we've been overrun with QB talent. Honest to god.......
I think Boyle was given a lot of opportunity maybe too soon for him. The drop off from Shireffs to Boyle was huge. Lagow was overlooked.

Reaction Score

-> He said he left UConn for one reason, because he was about to become a father and needed to be closer to home.

Beavers, who grew up in Cincinnati and had chosen UConn out of Colerain High, found out in Jan. 2019 that his girlfriend at the time was pregnant. His son, Darrian Jr., or, D.J. for short, turns three next month.

“I loved UConn,” said Beavers, who played 24 games for the Huskies and had a team-high four sacks as a sophomore in 2019. “I think UConn was really good for me. I have a lot of good friends there. Obviously the football program wasn’t the best at the time, but I have a lot of memories there and I felt like it was really good for me, because I have lifelong friends. … It was a good environment and I was around good people.” <-

Reaction Score

Are there any others?
Tim Boyle went to Eastern Kentucky, but I get your point. Boyle is now appearing on HBO’s Hard Knocks, the Detroit Lions. It’s a good one this year.

Reaction Score

-> Though DL Foley Fatukasi made the start tonight, he exited the game with an undisclosed injury near the end of the first quarter and did not return to the game. When asked following the game whether or not he had an update on him, Pederson said that he didn't at this time, opting to wait until they can get a full medical workup on the veteran defensive tackle. "We'll see where he's at. Last word I got, he was okay. He wanted to go back in the football game, but we just said, you know, pump the brakes and get healthy," said Pederson. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom