UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season | Page 17 | The Boneyard

UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m eating a ton of crow on Jackson Jr. Really thought his game wouldn’t translate to the NBA, but he’s playing well for a team with contending expectations. Really hope he’s involved with the team in some capacity when his playing career is over.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
I’m eating a ton of crow on Jackson Jr. Really thought his game wouldn’t translate to the NBA, but he’s playing well for a team with contending expectations. Really hope he’s involved with the team in some capacity when his playing career is over.

He really got a bit lucky with the team he was drafted by. Not saying he wouldn't work with other teams but the Bucks are one team that needs what he brings (POA defense, passing, screening, athleticism) more than any other after the Lillard trade.

Reaction Score
He really got a bit lucky with the team he was drafted by. Not saying he wouldn't work with other teams but the Bucks are one team that needs what he brings (POA defense, passing, screening, athleticism) more than any other after the Lillard trade.
Yea an established contender was his best fit. The nuggets would have been so amazing for him. Bucks are great too , he is just what they need as you said.

Reaction Score
i think it's pretty clear that if he stays healthy and continues to knock down corner threes, he can be a 10+ year player in the league. he clearly belongs out there.
And most of all he’s a winner and a super team guy, who is loved my his teammates. When you have a top 2 guy in The League talk about a rookie teammate so positively, that is big time respect for what Dre adds to the team.

Reaction Score
Andre is getting shredded by Jalen Brunson right now. Schooled him on an up and under in the post and then shook him out of his shoes on a fast break

Reaction Score

Incredible article, thanks for posting. I just posted this on the pelicans board where they are absolutely ripping Willie Green to shreds for not playing Hawk and choosing to give all the minutes to Naji and Jose instead, even though Hawk was lighting it up before they came back from injury. So infuriating, I hope they get rid of him. Borrego would be a great fit and he would slide right in, at least for now, if they fired Willie somehow.

Reaction Score
Incredible article, thanks for posting. I just posted this on the pelicans board where they are absolutely ripping Willie Green to shreds for not playing Hawk and choosing to give all the minutes to Naji and Jose instead, even though Hawk was lighting it up before they came back from injury. So infuriating, I hope they get rid of him. Borrego would be a great fit and he would slide right in, at least for now, if they fired Willie somehow.
Borrego is a trash, the same thing fans are crying about with Hawk Borrego already did with Monk in Charlotte.

Reaction Score
Andre is getting shredded by Jalen Brunson right now. Schooled him on an up and under in the post and then shook him out of his shoes on a fast break
There are a handful of lead guards in the league that can't be defended (SGA, Luka, Booker, Haliburton, etc...) Brunson is probably in that group. There's no shame in getting beaten by him....especially for a rookie probably seeing him for the first time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Andre will adapt. Like the Terminator.

Reaction Score
Sanago and Bazz and maybe even JA somewhat are victims of the current NBA game.
In the 90’s a slick PG who could maneuver in tight spaces or a strong man who could stop penetration were the norm . They are no longer valued
in a game played largely on the perimeter with wings as primary ball handlers.
My personal view is the powers saw MJ’s impact and changed the rules to allow lesser skilled players than he to emulate his style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom