UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season | The Boneyard

UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poe

Reaction Score
Andre seemed to put in a lot of work in the off-season and it looks like he dropped some weight and is in better shape. Hopefully it all pays off this season and when his next contract comes around.

Reaction Score
Hawkins got 9 minutes tonight. 4-5 minutes to start each of the 2nd and 4th quarters. Went 1/2 from 3, 2 assists, no turnovers. Couple fouls, mostly in help. Had a high +/- +14, 3rd on the team.

Looked like a solid rotation piece to me. Played team d well too.

Reaction Score
drummond is actually a 2 time all star, believe it or not
Statistically he’s one of, if not the best rebounders of all time. A full percentage point higher than Rodman in 2nd for highest rebound rate ever. He’s also about 6’9 (Per himself), so not like some behemoth.

Like @husky429 said, it’s a shame this is the time he played.

Crazy that he just turned 30, too.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Andre could’ve been good in this era too. He’s just a goofball. (I say this in a loving manner because he’s a good person. Just never seemed to take things seriously)

No reason he couldn’t have been Bam Adebyo. There’s plenty of good centers who can’t shoot. It’s always been a motor and focus issue for him though.

Reaction Score
Statistically he’s one of, if not the best rebounders of all time. A full percentage point higher than Rodman in 2nd for highest rebound rate ever. He’s also about 6’9 (Per himself), so not like some behemoth.

IMG_5318.jpg

Reaction Score
Bouknight had surgery and is out for the foreseeable future.
Big couple of days for him. Hornets need to make a decision about picking up his 4th year option by the 31st I believe? I would think they probably won't pick it up

Reaction Score
Big couple of days for him. Hornets need to make a decision about picking up his 4th year option by the 31st I believe? I would think they probably won't pick it up
I would be shocked if they do

Reaction Score
Andre could’ve been good in this era too. He’s just a goofball. (I say this in a loving manner because he’s a good person. Just never seemed to take things seriously)

No reason he couldn’t have been Bam Adebyo. There’s plenty of good centers who can’t shoot. It’s always been a motor and focus issue for him though.
Exactly, whenever Drummond's name comes up people always excuse his career as being in the wrong era, not every center plays like KAT, you can still be a productive and starting C in the league without bombing 3s all game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If they do someone needs their head examined

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Exactly, whenever Drummond's name comes up people always excuse his career as being in the wrong era, not every center plays like KAT, you can still be a productive and starting C in the league without bombing 3s all game.
And KAT is not consistently good because he wants to be a guard and not a big.

Knowing how to work the paint is necessary. The 3 is a luxury.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the Bucks blow out the Sixers so AJ gets some run

Reaction Score
Yeah Andre no minutes in the first half of his first game. Despite a good summer league and preseason, doesn't seem like he is in the Bucks full strength 10-man rotation. Too many veterans on the bench. He'll have to wait for blowouts, rest games, and injuries.

Looking excited on the bench though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak