UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season | Page 18 | The Boneyard

UCONN in the NBA - 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He’s clearly a guy who put in the work and is entirely willing to do whatever is needed to help win games. It’s not about him and that is they key.

Reaction Score
i think it's pretty clear that if he stays healthy and continues to knock down corner threes, he can be a 10+ year player in the league. he clearly belongs out there.
He's a poor man's Draymond Green, but a much better teammate.

We'll see if that's enough.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Andre is the epitome of a role player. He found his niche at UConn and has stuck with it. There is a shortage of players who are truly team players and understand the value of hustling, moving without the ball, playing tough defense, and giving up good shots for better ones. I love when he said he tries to keep it simple and not do too much. That kind of work ethnic and basketball IQ are tremendous assets, and it's great to see he is valued by his coaches and teammates.

Reaction Score
It's one thing to be accepted by a group of pros and be a rookie. It is another to be accepted by a group not that far removed from winning a championship and trusted to be out in games during important minutes.
He understands his role and he understands the spacing of the NBA. I think being on a team with Giannis was the best thing that could happen to him. He is not expected to be a star, and I think the kid more pressure on him, himself... than the fans did. He can just be him.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I noticed today they put him in 3rd period to slow down Barrett which he did. Brunson took him off the bounce late in the period and he was done. He knows his role indeed

Reaction Score
“He’s a winner. No.1, he’s a winner, he makes winning plays,” Bucks coach Adrian Griffin said. “A lot of the stuff he does is not always related to the box score, but you always see the impact he has on the game. He kind of sticks out on our roster because of his athleticism. You notice him. When he’s out there, he’s above the rim, he’s tipping out shots or rebounds so we can get second-chance opportunities. All those little things. He’s extremely coachable, he has a motor. We just love having Dre around, he has a bright future.”

Alternate access:
UConn’s Andre Jackson Jr. a ‘prototype’ fit with Bucks, NBA

Reaction Score
Brunson averages over 25 points a game and regularly goes over 30 points a game. So taking a rookie to task is a day for the office for him, he does it to vets, even all stars, all the time. These are experiences a rookie needs to have to get better.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Andre is getting shredded by Jalen Brunson right now. Schooled him on an up and under in the post and then shook him out of his shoes on a fast break
Andre plays defense super aggressively right now which is something experienced guards have been taking advantage of.

He’ll calm down with experience. He played pretty aggressively here too but the skill levels are obviously much different.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Drummond has 14 and 12 at the end of the 1st half for Chicago on 7-7 shooting.

I hope he has a Deandre Jordan kind of finish to his career and gets a chance to start again somewhere. Suns could for sure use him.

Reaction Score
IMG_7484.png

Reaction Score
Soooo 24 and 25 tonight with 3 and 2. This dude is still pretty damn good.

He's a conundrum. He does like 80% of things right to be star. But just can't quite get over the hump of processing the game fast enough to be a consistently good defender.

He'll live wealthy and never work a day in his life, so I think he's okay with it.

Reaction Score
He's a conundrum. He does like 80% of things right to be star. But just can't quite get over the hump of processing the game fast enough to be a consistently good defender.

He'll live wealthy and never work a day in his life, so I think he's okay with it.
His hands are top 1% for a big man defender, he just gets caught on the switch or the hedge too often.

Reactions: caw

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Think Andre’s biggest problem was letting himself go post Pistons run. He coulda been a starting center much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom