UConn in Pitt transfer Femi Odukale’s top 5 | The Boneyard

UConn in Pitt transfer Femi Odukale’s top 5

Reaction Score
surprising. assuming we get alleyne we dont have PT for this guy and castle. idk who i'd prefer. perhaps this guy since he has 3 years left so we could have both on the team in '23. starting to feel a bit spoiled with the possibilities at this point.

my my how quickly things change.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
surprising. assuming we get alleyne we dont have PT for this guy and castle
We ideally would like 5 guards. I don't consider Jackson a True guard option at this time.

Reaction Score
I just posted this in another thread but assuming Alleyne and Castle are here next year, that gives us a rotation of 9 guys (not including springs). That 10th guy can’t be expecting anymore than like 5 MPG. I want Castle, Newton, Hawkins, Jackson, and Alleyne playing as much as possible. I don’t want them sacrificing minutes to the last guy on the bench..

Reaction Score
We ideally would like 5 guards. I don't consider Jackson a True guard option at this time.
i still dont see where the PT is coming from even if we start a small ball lineup. this guy demands another 20 mpg at least.

Reaction Score
Essentially need enough guys to man the 1-3 positions. So even if castle comes. 2 more guys would be ideal in addition to he and Newton

Reaction Score
Femi would add a physicality we don't have with anyone else we're connected to, a bit of a Corey Floyd replacement. But, eh...He doesn't really do much except draw fouls and then not really make the free throws. He gets to the rim, but not a great finisher or playmaker once there.

We need at least one more guard after Newton/Hawkins/Alleyne. Probably 2, but may be only get 1 from the following and this is my preference:
Castle -> Ramey -> Rudi Williams -> Femi

(Would love to get Newton, Castle, Williams, and Alleyne. I'd consder that a homerun).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Femi would add a physicality we don't have with anyone else we're connected to, a bit of a Corey Floyd replacement. But, eh...He doesn't really do much except draw fouls and then not really make the free throws. He gets to the rim, but not a great finisher or playmaker once there.

We need at least one more guard after Newton/Hawkins/Alleyne. Probably 2, but may be only get 1 from the following and this is my preference:
We have 5 open spots. We better add more than 2 guys.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

(Would love to get Newton, Castle, Williams, and Alleyne. I'd consider that a walkoff homerun).
FIFY. Well it's my sentiment if not yours.

Reaction Score

(Would love to get Newton, Castle, Williams, and Alleyne. I'd consder that a homerun).
the only way that possibly works is if we capped PT at 25 mpg and primarily play a small ball lineup. nothing wrong with either i guess.

but even then, 1 of the 5 Gs is capped at 20 mpg... i'm gonna say it's rudi williams. we would also have to restrict samson, karaban, and clingan's minutes a lot which is very risky.

Newton 25- Williams 15
Castle 25- Alleyne 10- Williams 5
Hawkins 25- Alleyne 15
Jackson 25- Samson 5- Karaban 10
Sanogo 25- Samson 10- Clingan 5

25- Newton, Castle, Alleyne, Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo
20- Williams
15- Samson
10- Karaban
5- Clingan

#5 though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have 5 open spots. We better add more than 2 guys.
Yes, but we're going to add some guys who aren't realistically going to be in the rotation. With Newton and Hawkins, we can take two more guards who expect to be in the rotation. Then you have AJ as an emergency, and one more guard who won't be expected to play any more than Diggins. But the guy who will play that role is not at the level of the guys we're talking about. If we get Alleyne, that means either Castle or one more guard who could be expected to compete for starters minutes.

DCT

Reaction Score
the only way that possibly works is if we capped PT at 25 mpg and primarily play a small ball lineup. nothing wrong with either i guess.

but even then, 1 of the 5 Gs is capped at 20 mpg... i'm gonna say it's rudi williams. we would also have to restrict samson, karaban, and clingan's minutes a lot which is very risky.

Newton 25- Williams 15
Castle 25- Alleyne 10- Williams 5
Hawkins 25- Alleyne 15
Jackson 25- Samson 5- Karaban 10
Sanogo 25- Samson 10- Clingan 5

25- Newton, Castle, Alleyne, Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo
20- Williams
15- Samson
10- Karaban
5- Clingan

#5 though.

DCT

Reaction Score
Why would Alleyne come to Uconn and play 5, 10 or 15 less minutes a game than he did at VT

Reaction Score
Why would Alleyne come to Uconn and play 5, 10 or 15 less minutes a game than he did at VT
He didn’t play 40mpg at tech he was at 30 which is 5 more than I projected and as much as anyone else on the team could get with that kinda depth. Not a bad trade off if you are competing for a chip…

But idk if you comprehended the post. I was highlighting how hard it would be to allocate minutes if we brought in 4 good Gs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He didn’t play 40mpg at tech he was at 30 which is 5 more than I projected and as much as anyone else on the team could get with that kinda depth. Not a bad trade off if you are competing for a chip…

But idk if you comprehended the post. I was highlighting how hard it would be to allocate minutes if we brought in 4 good Gs.
Yep. I keep saying the focus after the next guy to commit is on developmental guys. We’d arguably have more minutes at forward than guard with Alleyne coming + Castle. Maybe Castle doesn‘t reclass, which changes some math. Maybe this just keeps the pressure on.

DCT

Reaction Score

Just wondering who VT brought in that was going to take minutes away from Alleyne.

Reaction Score
Just wondering who VT brought in that was going to take minutes away from Alleyne.
Maddox was taking his minutes who shooting 50% from 3 granted on limited attempts as a frosh

DCT

Reaction Score

Did Mike Young leave VT? Seems like VT like to play 3 or 4 guards most of the time.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I'll take one more big time transfer guard. I don’t believe two more will commit to us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom