UConn in Pitt transfer Femi Odukale’s top 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn in Pitt transfer Femi Odukale’s top 5

DCT

Reaction Score
Maddox was taking his minutes who shooting 50% from 3 granted on limited attempts as a frosh
Thanks, I shouldn't ask questions I can research myself. VT has plenty of turnover this year and I see why a player would look elsewhere.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
He has 8 usable players and has apparently given up hope on adding anyone worth playing to the roster.
We just need one more stud guard and we are set whether Castle comes this year or not.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
How many more times do you need to see the quote from him about still adding another ball handler that will be in the rotation?
Lmao relax buddy, how about you show me who that last ball handler is once they come? If it’s another Gaffney or worse, not moving the needle.

I know you pay attention to the numbers, so let’s just appreciate the fact that we’re not recruiting anyone with any proven track record anymore. Not to say there can’t be stuff going on behind closed doors that we aren’t privy to, but odds are the last additions won’t be pretty.

Reaction Score
Lmao relax buddy, how about you show me who that last ball handler is once they come? If it’s another Gaffney or worse, not moving the needle.
I'll be happy to. Better not be someone worse than Gaffney though, we're in for a long season if that's the case

Reaction Score
How many more times do you need to see the quote from him about still adding another ball handler that will be in the rotation?
We need two more ballhandlers though, one can be a depth steady hand piece but the other needs to be a very good player.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'll be happy to. Better not be someone worse than Gaffney though, we're in for a long season if that's the case
Yeah I’m hoping for better too, but maybe a replica would be fine. He was a minutes eater at least. My original point was that the “two more impact guards” thing Hurley said pre-Alleyne is probably not happening. I’d love to be wrong and now expect you to slam me if I am.

We need two more ballhandlers though, one can be a depth steady hand piece but the other needs to be a very good player.
Agreed but we all know that’s not happening

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah I’m hoping for better too, but maybe a replica would be fine. He was a minutes eater at least. My original point was that the “two more impact guards” thing Hurley said pre-Alleyne is probably not happening. I’d love to be wrong and now expect you to slam me if I am.
Diarra and Castle seems most likely, at least I hope so.

Reaction Score

We need 2 ballhandlers, including one very good player to do what? No snark, just curious. Be a legit contender for a deep run? I think that is absolutely true.

But even right now we have more ball handling than last year where we were a top 25 team. A Cole injury away from catastrophe, for sure, but still. Newton is a combo but sounds like more of natural distributor than Cole. Jackson and Hawkins will be be better with the ball in their hands, perhaps far better. Alleyne should be a wash with Gaff, at worst and possible a sizable upgrade. We will land at least one more depth guard. Some smart poster (heyadrien?) claimed that Diarra would have been the 2nd best handler on our team last year. He seems likely to be the depth add. This team is living on the edge again but I think we'll be fine either way. Likely a Castle reclass away from having a top level ceiling but I don't see that happening, or signing another stud. Maybe get lucky with a Euro or 3 star?

Reaction Score
We need 2 ballhandlers, including one very good player to do what? No snark, just curious. Be a legit contender for a deep run? I think that is absolutely true.

But even right now we have more ball handling than last year where we were a top 25 team. A Cole injury away from catastrophe, for sure, but still. Newton is a combo but sounds like more of natural distributor than Cole. Jackson and Hawkins will be be better with the ball in their hands, perhaps far better. Alleyne should be a wash with Gaff, at worst and possible a sizable upgrade. We will land at least one more depth guard. Some smart poster (heyadrien?) claimed that Diarra would have been the 2nd best handler on our team last year. He seems likely to be the depth add. This team is living on the edge again but I think we'll be fine either way. Likely a Castle reclass away from having a top level ceiling but I don't see that happening, or signing another stud. Maybe get lucky with a Euro or 3 star?
You had me until you said alleyne should be a wash with Gaff. One of those two guys is at FAU now and it ain’t alleyne.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
You had me until you said alleyne should be a wash with Gaff. One of those two guys is at FAU now and it ain’t alleyne.
That confused me too. I guess maybe he means as a pure PG / ball handler (which naturally neither are). But even still, I’ve never seen a guy who was running point, dribble with his butt to the basket 30 feet from the hoop, more than Gaffney lmao. Doubt Alleyne has handle that bad…

Reaction Score

I am referring to their ability to handle the ball. Alleyne is supposed to be more of a 3 and D player. And I am trying to be as conservative with my assumptions as possible because I think that my argument stands even with the most mild expectations.

Reaction Score
The fact that Clemson transfer Al-Amir Dawes has just committed to Seton Hall and Femi is still visiting Hall tomorrow seems odd. I'll admit I have no idea what their roster looks like now. Hope this helps us even though there has been no news about a Storrs visit.

Reaction Score
Okay sooo I guess that means Hassan Diarra is the likely option here...Not sure how I feel about that

Reaction Score
Okay sooo I guess that means Hassan Diarra is the likely option here...Not sure how I feel about that
Any highlights you find on him are hitting buzzer beating shots to tie or win games in the closing seconds of the game (like 3 or 4 times in only 2 seasons already). Seems to have a decent handle and the FT percentage and improved outside shot in the second half of the season while playing in a top 3 basketball conference all seem like good things to me. For a bench option you probably can't do much better.

Reaction Score
Any highlights you find on him are hitting buzzer beating shots to tie or win games in the closing seconds of the game (like 3 or 4 times in only 2 seasons already). Seems to have a decent handle and the FT percentage and improved outside shot in the second half of the season while playing in a top 3 basketball conference all seem like good things to me. For a bench option you probably can't do much better.

Agreed - he'd be a great depth piece/injury insurance player as he seems to step up in crunch time and with a steal a game average can help with spot defensive matchups, etc. With his brother on the staff, if he commits you know you'll get a solid citizen even if he doesn't get all the PT he might wish for. Definitely an upgrade over Gaffney. I'm in.

Reaction Score

Well that makes me feel better. I was genuinely saying I'm not sure how I feel about it because I know nothing about him, it wasn't meant as a slight. Still would prefer Castle and then Diarra which is what @superjohn said earlier.

Also his shot in that video looks remarkably similar to Boatright

Reaction Score

Yes, we were the most ballhandling deficient team around last season and it's time for Hurley to make a run, another first round exit would be a failure and make his seat hot. What we have now on paper simply isn't enough in terms of ballhandling/breakdown players and I don't think Diarra moves the needle all that much. If Alleyne is a wash with Gaffney we're in trouble again.

We need to get Castle on campus.

Reaction Score
Well that makes me feel better. I was genuinely saying I'm not sure how I feel about it because I know nothing about him, it wasn't meant as a slight. Still would prefer Castle and then Diarra which is what @superjohn said earlier.

Also his shot in that video looks remarkably similar to Boatright
Ideally you get both honestly but doubt both would be happy with the run they'd get in that scenario year 1. It's pretty funny about Diarra how 2 years later the scouting report by Jerry Meyer out of HS seems to be pretty bang on after his first two seasons:

Solid size with long arms for a point guard. Plays with strength. Not overly athletic and has a herky-jerky style. Show good change of pace and a burst. Good penetrator and distributor. Can make difficult and unorthodox shots but doesn't shoot a high percentage. Has good overall instincts. Rebounds his position well and gets steals.

But i did just verify someone else's observation that he did shoot 44% from 3 the final 13 games of the season playing an average of 19 minutes a game with about 2 assists and 2 rebounds. a game against 1.5 TOs. That's probably even more than what you could ask for from a rotational guard honestly. Evan Miya's advanced projections slate him as a better defensive player than on offense and has Diarra ahead of Okudale in terms of an impact player.

No idea if this comes together but makes a lot of sense and think he would be a pretty good get.

Reaction Score
Yes, we were the most ballhandling deficient team around last season and it's time for Hurley to make a run, another first round exit would be a failure and make his seat hot. What we have now on paper simply isn't enough in terms of ballhandling/breakdown players and I don't think Diarra moves the needle all that much. If Alleyne is a wash with Gaffney we're in trouble again.

We need to get Castle on campus.
I doubt Alleyne will be a wash with Gaffney - tell us why you think that's possible, please because Gaffney didn't do much at all for us right and just leveled down a couple of rungs to FAU.

I love Castle and think he'll be a great add to the program but am realistic thinking he'll be adding more value at the end of his first year and beyond, but will need seasoning as opposed to being a huge add day one. Agreed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom