UConn in Pitt transfer Femi Odukale’s top 5 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn in Pitt transfer Femi Odukale’s top 5

pj

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but isn’t the international student NIL issue with the US visa system and not the NCAA? I assume he is here on a student visa, which restricts your ability to work in the country. He would likely need to change his visa type to a different classification.

That would make sense, but then couldn't he get sponsorship from international sources? If he's earning his money outside the US it wouldn't be a US visa issue.

Reaction Score
Yes, I am well aware of the concerns about Hawkins's handle. It may be the most vilified and dissected handle in the history of our program, and it's obviously been the source of much consternation and histrionics here.

I agree that it's a weak spot that he needs to improve, but I think the dire concerns have been overblown.

It reminds me a bit of the old story Burt Reynolds used to love to tell about when he and Clint Eastwood got fired from the same studio on the same day, very early in their careers. They told Clint that his Adam's apple was too big and they told Burt that he didn't know how to act. As they walked away, Burt turned to Clint and said something to the effect of "You're really screwed: I can learn how to act, but you can't get rid of your Adam's apple."

In other words, I think Hawkins will learn how to improve his handle; and I'm not so sure that AJax and Sanogo can fix the issues that present obstacles for them.

And yes, I am also aware that the Adam's apple didn't prevent Clint from having a stellar career.
Right! Hawk’s handle got notably better as the season went in. The handwringing about this is peak Boneyard

Reaction Score
Well that makes me feel better. I was genuinely saying I'm not sure how I feel about it because I know nothing about him, it wasn't meant as a slight. Still would prefer Castle and then Diarra which is what @superjohn said earlier.

Also his shot in that video looks remarkably similar to Boatright
Definitely a little Boat in his game.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I would plunk $20 down in a friendly wager with anyone that it will get substantially better next season.

Kid has NBA aspirations & 1st-round draft pick talent and will put in the work to make it happen.
Yeah, no reason why he can’t.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Hawkins will be held back by his handle, unless he shows a huge leap this summer (freshman to soph). I'm remaining optimistic for him though. Jackson has an acceptable handle at full speed, but less so going to the basket (and finishing). Hoping he starts watching Dr J and George Gerven on how to finish.
This would be great and maybe (I know it's a little greedy of me) he could watch a few Bernard King and Alex English mid-range turnaround jumpers :)

Reaction Score
I'm starting to suspect this guy is not fake.
Nah he's just making highly informed guesses from following stuff on twitter and message boards. Anyone could do this if they wanted to, but it's sad someone actually needs the attention that bad to do it.

It's also not fair to the guys who want to make the announcement themselves and take away from their moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom