2020 Recruiting: - UConn in for Andre Jackson | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: UConn in for Andre Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You guys are crazy, if Hopkins isn’t the coach of Syracuse in a few years I’d be surprised. It’s his alma mater, much better basketball conference and basketball tradition, he recruits the area well, that’s where his relationships and most of his family is...
And even if he isn’t, they will have good candidates to choose from. Just like we did.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
I've promised my self not to post anymore footage of recruits before they officially commit, for mojo's sake. There is a full game of Jalen Gaffney's Westtown vs Andre Jackson's Albany Acd. on youtube. Highlight plays from both guys, Jalen lighting it up from three and noticably comfortable in 3 guard sets on or off the ball.

Jackson is electrifying. Plays bigger than 6'6(middle of their zone for stretches) and is a highlight reel in transition like posters have mentioned. Pulls in a missed shot and flies down the court to create an early look for a teamate or finish at the rim, this aspect of his game reminds me of lonzo ball. Comfortable putting the ball on the floor. Took an iso 3 early on in the game that looked smooth. High hopes the confidence in his shot will really improve. Exciting player!

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There's been a lot of people counting a chicken that ain't hatched yet.

If this goes sideways, I plan on banning them all until the sun burns out.
I take it your kitchen remodel is going well. All kidding aside I hope it's done.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I've promised my self not to post anymore footage of recruits before they officially commit, for mojo's sake. There is a full game of Jalen Gaffney's Westtown vs Andre Jackson's Albany Acd. on youtube. Highlight plays from both guys, Jalen lighting it up from three and noticably comfortable in 3 guard sets on or off the ball.

Jackson is electrifying. Plays bigger than 6'6(middle of their zone) and is a highlight reel in transition like posters have mentioned. Pulls in a missed shot and flies down the court to create an early look for a teamate or finish at the rim, this aspect of his game reminds me of lonzo ball. Took an iso 3 early on in the game that looked natural. High hopes the confidence in this shot will really improve. Exciting player!
Link?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I take it your kitchen remodel is going well. All kidding aside I hope it's done.

It's a functioning kitchen and looks done, but it's not.

Just some annoying stuff left.

Reaction Score
If this all happens and Thomas goes in another direction, we should put the full court press on Hassan Diarra for the last spot. Cole would be the only true PG and Diarra seems like he wants to come here. Just not sure if he will still be available in the spring...although I haven’t read many updates on his recruitment lately.

Name a single indication Hassan Diarra has given that he wants to come to UConn. People theorizing on the boneyard doesn't count.

Reaction Score

Jackson is electrifying. Plays bigger than 6'6(middle of their zone for stretches) and is a highlight reel in transition like posters have mentioned. Pulls in a missed shot and flies down the court to create an early look for a teamate or finish at the rim, this aspect of his game reminds me of lonzo ball. Comfortable putting the ball on the floor. Took an iso 3 early on in the game that looked smooth. High hopes the confidence in his shot will really improve. Exciting player!
Watched that last night. Gaffney hit some good threes and dished out some nice passes. Jackson's passing in that game stood out to me, and he grabbed a lot of rebounds. His ball handling could get tighter and obviously jumper could improve but he imposed his physicality on others in that game

Reaction Score
Name a single indication Hassan Diarra has given that he wants to come to UConn. People theorizing on the boneyard doesn't count.

He told me personally.

Dude, I don't know....there's a million threads on recruiting per day on recruiting, but there's definitely been indications of his interest by many people. Not saying he'd be a lock, but I think it's safe to say that we'd have a solid shot at him if we made him a priority. The issue is we may end up prioritizing too late.

Reaction Score
Like any player he wants to be wanted. We aren't recruiting him.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Hope we land Jackson.

Nothing surprises me about recruiting. So until the bird is in hand I'll fantasize.

I see no problem getting exciting anticipating the best. Sadly some people that get their expectations shattered are unable to accept things and move on. Instead they will take it out on our insiders even though they should know nothing is etched in stone and all we are getting is best available information.

Reaction Score
You guys are crazy, if Hopkins isn’t the coach of Syracuse in a few years I’d be surprised. It’s his alma mater, much better basketball conference and basketball tradition, he recruits the area well, that’s where his relationships and most of his family is...

I can't possibly see why the wife and kids would have any issues with moving from Seattle to Syracuse.....

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I can't possibly see why the wife and kids would have any issues with moving from Seattle to Syracuse.....
So that when they move back they can get a better house.

Reaction Score
He told me personally.

Dude, I don't know....there's a million threads on recruiting per day on recruiting, but there's definitely been indications of his interest by many people. Not saying he'd be a lock, but I think it's safe to say that we'd have a solid shot at him if we made him a priority. The issue is we may end up prioritizing too late.

We are a school 20 minutes down the road from his HS. His brother goes here. I can't imagine we're not recruiting him if not for the fact that there isn't mutual interest. Kid wants to get away and set his own path--it's a pretty smart idea.

He also doesn't really fit what we need right now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's a functioning kitchen and looks done, but it's not.

Just some annoying stuff left.
I dream of being there some day. :confused:

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Jackson can D four positions, has a long wingspan, and is an excellent passer -- as a Chicago guy I will make a comp to a young Scottie Pippen. Someone tell the kid to work on his bank shot.

Reaction Score
We are a school 20 minutes down the road from his HS. His brother goes here. I can't imagine we're not recruiting him if not for the fact that there isn't mutual interest. Kid wants to get away and set his own path--it's a pretty smart idea.

He also doesn't really fit what we need right now.
That's not what I've heard.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

They spent over 20 years in Syracuse.

I don't think it would be a hard sell.

Reaction Score
That's not what I've heard.

He either doesn't want to come here, or we don't need him positionally. There is really nothing that revolutionary about this. This isn't an overlooked, underscouted player by our staff

Reaction Score
He's got a good thing going there and recruiting well. He just signed a 6 year contract 6 months ago so I think not before 2023 when his buyout will be $3M. He's currently sitting on a $6M buyout until 2021.

Reaction Score
He either doesn't want to come here, or we don't need him positionally. There is really nothing that revolutionary about this. This isn't an overlooked, underscouted player by our staff
Of course we've seen him, everyone knows we've seen him a bunch. We aren't interested in having him play for us so he isn't interested in playing for us. It's not that difficult.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's recruiting really well in the PNW, which is unlikely to translate to the east coast, and he's originally from the west coast, so I would be pretty surprised if he went back to Syracuse, but you never know with this sort of thing.
I wouldn't think so because:
  • The Cuse is his alma mater, but he's been burned by them . . . twice;
  • With his northeast connections he steals as many recruits from the Orange as we do;
He has a great gig and can be the best program in the Pac 12. Syracuse will never be in the top tier of the ACC. The longer the nose picker stays, the worse the outlook for the program is. It is a brand that was developed around one person, and when he goes, they will really struggle.

I'm betting Hopkins thinks Syracuse is a far better gig than most people here do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom