2020 Recruiting: - UConn in for Andre Jackson | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: UConn in for Andre Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Syracuse is boring. The coach is old and the zone scheme is tired. You need good guard play and great shooters to beat the zone and just about every top team in the ACC has that.

Every once in a while Syracuse plays the zone to perfection and gets a nice win, but they'll always be a middle tier team in the ACC.

Once Boeheim leaves they'll struggle as the guy who was supposed to be the transition "Hopkins", already has a gig.

For all that their fans chirp about how far Uconn has fallen, they are the delusional ones. We're back in a solid conference with a great "young" coach who's full of energy and is great with x's and o's.

The future looks good for Uconn

We shall be Kings again
Question, is there no chance Hopkins goes back to Syracuse?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't think so because:
  • The Cuse is his alma mater, but he's been burned by them . . . twice;
  • With his northeast connections he steals as many recruits from the Orange as we do;
  • He's having success at Washington and the Pac 12 is showing signs of life;
  • He's got family on the west coast.

Reaction Score
He has a great gig and can be the best program in the Pac 12. Syracuse will never be in the top tier of the ACC. The longer the nose picker stays, the worse the outlook for the program is. It is a brand that was developed around one person, and when he goes, they will really struggle.

Reaction Score
Also, realllyyyyyy hoping Andre doesn't go to Cuse one last time for an unofficial with Isaiah Jackson.

Reaction Score
Also, realllyyyyyy hoping Andre doesn't go to Cuse one last time for an unofficial with Isaiah Jackson.
That would not be ideal. Where’s this talk coming from?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems like the best and most obvious play here is to sign a 2020 big during the fall period. Then play wait and see on a transfer or late bloomer/spring signee at guard. We will also have a better idea of what AG is going to do come spring...
Agreed, unless Cam is the third member of the class. There will be late commits, decommits, and grad transfers to fill another possible open schollie and fill open holes.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's recruiting really well in the PNW, which is unlikely to translate to the east coast, and he's originally from the west coast, so I would be pretty surprised if he went back to Syracuse, but you never know with this sort of thing.

I would not be surprised.

He'd recruit fine - he's recruiting New York better than Syracuse these days.

Reaction Score
I’ve been told if we get Jackson, then getting Cliff becomes more likely. And if we get those two that’s the class until spring at least. But if Thomas wants to come here we’re taking him (obviously). If Gilbert makes it a full season without injuries, he will likely graduate and move on leaving an extra scholarship.

If this all happens and Thomas goes in another direction, we should put the full court press on Hassan Diarra for the last spot. Cole would be the only true PG and Diarra seems like he wants to come here. Just not sure if he will still be available in the spring...although I haven’t read many updates on his recruitment lately.

Reaction Score
If this all happens and Thomas goes in another direction, we should put the full court press on Hassan Diarra for the last spot. Cole would be the only true PG and Diarra seems like he wants to come here. Just not sure if he will still be available in the spring...although I haven’t read many updates on his recruitment lately.
He's visiting Indiana this weekend, we haven't recruited him at all so don't get your hopes up on it happening now

Reaction Score
Gaffney will be counted on for some minutes at point this year. We will get a glimpse at his potential. I expect he and RJ to handle the pg duties for the next few years once AG leaves

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
You guys are crazy, if Hopkins isn’t the coach of Syracuse in a few years I’d be surprised. It’s his alma mater, much better basketball conference and basketball tradition, he recruits the area well, that’s where his relationships and most of his family is...

Reaction Score
Gaffney will be counted on for some minutes at point this year. We will get a glimpse at his potential. I expect he and RJ to handle the pg duties for the next few years once AG leaves

Really going out on a limb there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle