UConn in final 7 for Montez Mathis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn in final 7 for Montez Mathis

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
A kid choosing Husky-lite over the real thing is damning. No way to whitewash this at all.

If I had to read between the lines with no background info, it sounds like Rutgers has made Mathis a top priority and showered a lot of attention on him.

EDIT: Just looking at verbal commits, this is a crucial recruit for UConn. They don't have a lot going on at SG other than Mathis, unless you think they are close with Iggy B.

A 4 man class of Carey, Mathis, Mucius and Carrigan would be the ideal.
Don't get me wrong. Id be furious if he picked RU. It'd be a disaster. Im just trying to say I don't expect this to be something that's just started happening.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong. Id be furious if he picked RU. It'd be a disaster. Im just trying to say I don't expect this to be something that's just started happening.
Bottomline, if this staff can't land at least one of Carey, Mathis, or Mucius, it will tell us all we need to know. At this point, I have very little faith that 2018 will be a strong class. More pressing, I have less faith that UConn will return to prominence.

Reaction Score
Crystal Ball today from Kentucky insider Fisher for Mathis:>>>>Rutgers

If this happens, Ollie's apologists can stop with the nonsense that Ollie is a great recruiter. Montez from the Baltimore Metro area(Chilllious's area) wants to be the next Quincy Douby.

Jalen Carey is really the must get here as is Isaiah Mucius.

Montez Mathis's Crystal Ball Predictions

Reaction Score
Hearing more ru talk. Word i heard from an aau guy was that RU staff out worked uconn staff.... please take with a grain of salt in a huge deserts .....

Reaction Score
Writing may have been on the wall with the Matt Balanc recruitment.

Still want the staff to put the press on Devoe. He's the real deal.

Reaction Score
What's entertaining about it?

Watch, I will show you. Or maybe just start replying now like UCDave.

5300284.JPG

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's Rutgers top target. Wouldn't shock me if he ended up there.

Reaction Score
The program is like a massive barge moving extremely slowly forward.
The reactions to some posters about every little tweet and article about every recruit is like having a bunch of guys running around the deck, back and forth from the front railing to the guy steering the barge, pointing out various floating objects in the water in front of the barge and screaming, alternatively, to steer left, steer right, reverse, we're going aground, or, for the love of all that's Holy, we're sinking!!!! We're sinking!!!!

Reaction Score
Scout's National Recruiting Director Evan Daniels put in a crystal ball pick for UConn. Think that is a good sign.
He's in Vegas right now and obviously as the director of scout's site he's very connected. Hopefully the talk around Vegas is that UConn is closing.

He also just interviewed Quickley, Mathis' teammate, so he could have easily gotten some info off the record. Certainly a good sign as tcf said.

Reaction Score
Ollie WAS doing a great job recruiting before the last two-year meltdown. Clearly nobody thinks recruiting is going GREAT right now. But he was doing a great job before all this.

May have to wait to win to get any positive movement, but that's fine. I agree he did a nice job prior to this and he also screwed something up thereafter it would seem. But takes time to get back there, and I believe he will but only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom