UConn in final 7 for Montez Mathis | The Boneyard

UConn in final 7 for Montez Mathis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has Kansas offered? Really like this kid, and he would be a great pick up. 3-4 year player that can make a difference.

C

Chief00

Now you know one of the reasons Chief has been making trips to Baltimore - got to cheer the dudes on

Reaction Score
Chillious watched him in Florida yesterday according to TOS. Steve Pikiell also was there. He may be Rutgers' top target.

Reaction Score
Chillious watched him in Florida yesterday according to TOS. Steve Pikiell also was there. He may be Rutgers' top target.
Losing Mathis to Rutgers would be preposterous. I'm yearning for a core class of the babc teammates (carrigan) and Carey .

Reaction Score
Losing Mathis to Rutgers would be preposterous. I'm yearning for a core class of the babc teammates (carrigan) and Carey .
I'd be pumped for all 3 of them too, but just an FYI, Carrigan plays on Team BABC (EYBL) with Cole Swider, and Mathis plays for Team BBC (Adidas Gauntlet) with Immanuel Quickley. They've never been teammates.

Reaction Score
I personally prefer BBC...

:D
C_rT38pXYAAjaK6

Reaction Score
Alongside Carey is Montez Mathis, a top-100 guard that is down to a final six. The talk of late, however, has surrounded Rutgers and UConn. The Huskies, thanks to the recent hiring of assistant coach Raphael Chillious, may be in the driver’s seat. Landing someone like Mathis, a 6-foot-4 power scoring guard that can fill it up in a hurry, would create a killer one-two combo in the backcourt for years to come alongside Carey.

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Twitter Tuesday: Point guard dominoes, Bagley, Missouri, UConn

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Alongside Carey is Montez Mathis, a top-100 guard that is down to a final six. The talk of late, however, has surrounded Rutgers and UConn. The Huskies, thanks to the recent hiring of assistant coach Raphael Chillious, may be in the driver’s seat. Landing someone like Mathis, a 6-foot-4 power scoring guard that can fill it up in a hurry, would create a killer one-two combo in the backcourt for years to come alongside Carey.

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Twitter Tuesday: Point guard dominoes, Bagley, Missouri, UConn
:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm not a UCONN doomsdayer by any means, but I have a bad feeling on this one. Granted I felt good about us landing Sid so hopefully I'm just a horrible prognosticator.

Reaction Score
Although I'm preparing for it, this place might melt down if he chooses Rutgers.
If he chooses Rutgers over UConn a total volcanic eruption is more than warranted....I don't care what conference Rutgers is in, it would be a very bad omen for UConn 2018 class.

Reaction Score
From the quotes, it certainly sounds like Rutgers. Family loves him, they have a special relationship, etc.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
While I agree it would be horrible to lose this kid to Rutgers (and Id be super PO'd)...I feel like this sort of thing MUST have happened in the Calhoun era. I know the recruiting world was MUCH different then and information was almost impossible to come by.

We need to make a splash for 2018, but I think winning this coming season solves that problem. The team should be good. I would love to add Mathis and Carey and a big man.

Reaction Score
While I agree it would be horrible to lose this kid to Rutgers (and Id be super PO'd)...I feel like this sort of thing MUST have happened in the Calhoun era. I know the recruiting world was MUCH different then and information was almost impossible to come by.

We need to make a splash for 2018, but I think winning this coming season solves that problem. The team should be good. I would love to add Mathis and Carey and a big man.

A kid choosing Husky-lite over the real thing is damning. No way to whitewash this at all.

If I had to read between the lines with no background info, it sounds like Rutgers has made Mathis a top priority and showered a lot of attention on him.

EDIT: Just looking at verbal commits, this is a crucial recruit for UConn. They don't have a lot going on at SG other than Mathis, unless you think they are close with Iggy B.

A 4 man class of Carey, Mathis, Mucius and Carrigan would be the ideal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99