UConn GOAT Bracket | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn GOAT Bracket

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Dove v Brimah being 52/48 Dove makes the whole voting process suspect to me.

Reaction Score
Interesting to see how UConn has ranked their former players. Based on the seedlings...

Point Guards
(1) Kemba Walker
(1) Shabazz Napier
(2) Chris Smith
(3) Khalid El-Amin
(4) Ryan Boatright
(5) Doron Sheffer
(6) Taliek Brown
(7) AJ Price
(7) Earl Kelley
(9) Jalen Adams
(10) Marcus Williams
(12) Kevin Ollie
(13) Ricky Moore
(13) Jimmy Foster
(16) Joe Whelton
(16) Al Weston

Shooting Guards
(1) Ray Allen
(2) Ben Gordon
(4) Wes Bialosuknia
(5) Rashad Anderson
(6) Jeremy Lamb
(8) Rodney Purvis
(11) Jack Rose
(12) Christian Vital
(12) Tate George
(12) Brian Fair
(13) Jerome Dyson
(14) Phil Gamble
(15) Albert Mouring
(15) Tony Robertson
(15) Bob Staak

Small Forwards
(1) Rip Hamilton
(3) Caron Butler
(3) Tony Hanson
(4) Rudy Gay
(5) Scott Burrell
(9) Donny Marshall
(11) Denham Brown
(11) DeAndre Daniels
(11) Daniel Hamilton
(13) Mike McKay
(14) Walt Dropo
(14) Stanley Robinson

Power Forwards
(2) Donyell Marshall
(4) Corny Thompson
(5) Cliff Robinson
(6) Josh Boone
(7) Nadav Henefeld
(8) Charlie Villanueva
(8) Jeff Adrien
(10) Kevin Freeman

Centers
(2) Emeka Okafor
(3) Hasheem Thabeet
(6) Andre Drummond
(7) Toby KImball
(8) Art Quimby
(9) Travis Knight
(9) Hilton Armstrong
(10) Rod Sellers
(10) Amida Brimah
(14) Jake Voskuhl
(15) Bill Corley
(16) Vin Yokabaskas
(16) John Thomas

Reaction Score
Mek was a once in a generation talent. Maybe once in the life of a program.
Honestly I would have had Gordon seeded higher than Bazz too. Imo he’s a better basketball player in every single area

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The round two results were like a buzzsaw for anyone whose picture is black and white

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Interesting to see how UConn has ranked their former players. Based on the seedlings...

Point Guards
(1) Kemba Walker
(1) Shabazz Napier
(2) Chris Smith
(3) Khalid El-Amin
(4) Ryan Boatright
(5) Doron Sheffer
(6) Taliek Brown
(7) AJ Price
(7) Earl Kelley
(9) Jalen Adams
(10) Marcus Williams
(12) Kevin Ollie
(13) Ricky Moore
(13) Jimmy Foster
(16) Joe Whelton
(16) Al Weston

Shooting Guards
(1) Ray Allen
(2) Ben Gordon
(4) Wes Bialosuknia
(5) Rashad Anderson
(6) Jeremy Lamb
(8) Rodney Purvis
(11) Jack Rose
(12) Christian Vital
(12) Tate George
(12) Brian Fair
(13) Jerome Dyson
(14) Phil Gamble
(15) Albert Mouring
(15) Tony Robertson
(15) Bob Staak

Small Forwards
(1) Rip Hamilton
(3) Caron Butler
(3) Tony Hanson
(4) Rudy Gay
(5) Scott Burrell
(9) Donny Marshall
(11) Denham Brown
(11) DeAndre Daniels
(11) Daniel Hamilton
(13) Mike McKay
(14) Walt Dropo
(14) Stanley Robinson

Power Forwards
(2) Donyell Marshall
(4) Corny Thompson
(5) Cliff Robinson
(6) Josh Boone
(7) Nadav Henefeld
(8) Charlie Villanueva
(8) Jeff Adrien
(10) Kevin Freeman

Centers
(2) Emeka Okafor
(3) Hasheem Thabeet
(6) Andre Drummond
(7) Toby KImball
(8) Art Quimby
(9) Travis Knight
(9) Hilton Armstrong
(10) Rod Sellers
(10) Amida Brimah
(14) Jake Voskuhl
(15) Bill Corley
(16) Vin Yokabaskas
(16) John Thomas

Nice work piecing that together.

PG's look decent. I think I'd slot AJ and Earl above Taliek and Ricky ahead of Ollie but it seems right.

SG I'd slot Lamb above Anderson and think both Dyson and Vital are way underrated. No way Brian Fair should be slotted above Dyson.

SF I'd have Daniels and Hamilton ahead of Marshall and Brown.

PF Boone is too high. I'd slot him below Henefeld, Villanueva and Adrien.

C looks good. Nothing to squabble about there.

Reaction Score
The C's are out of alignment to my eyes. The others are a pure decision based on where you believe people should be, it's an argument or debate to be had.

But the C's are off a lot. Andre Drummond 3 really? What did he do as a Husky in comparison to most everyone listed after him? Brimah ahead of Jake - really that's a joke never mind Corley or Thomas too. Hilton was a PF so he shouldn't be on there. I think the last 2 in order should be Brimah and Drummond. You can kind of argue from there depending on your age but this would be mine:

Okafor
Thabeet
Kimball
Jake V
Quimby
Corley
Knight
Thomas
Sellers
Yokabaskas
Brimah
Drummond

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Nope. My point was that Bazz's defense was a big part of his game. It was, along with Boartright's D a huge part of why we on it all in 2014. Teams just could not run their preferred offense. I guess that it a subtle point that may have missed watching the games.

Pro tip, if you imagine what I mean by assuming that I am "implying" something that I didn't say, go back and reread my post. I'm am typically pretty straight forward.

(Attempt to bolster your point with sophomoric insults duly noted.)

You are absolutely correct that ollies adjustment to send boat after the ball handler at halfcourt was a major factor in bringing home #4.

Boat was the one doing most of that half court attack. But yes bazz was a good defender as well. But meka was a historically great defender.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier is the all time best player at 99% of D1 schools. Same could be said for Caron Butler, Rudy Gay, Scott Burrell...

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The C's are out of alignment to my eyes. The others are a pure decision based on where you believe people should be, it's an argument or debate to be had.

But the C's are off a lot. Andre Drummond 3 really? What did he do as a Husky in comparison to most everyone listed after him? Brimah ahead of Jake - really that's a joke never mind Corley or Thomas too. Hilton was a PF so he shouldn't be on there. I think the last 2 in order should be Brimah and Drummond. You can kind of argue from there depending on your age but this would be mine:

Okafor
Thabeet
Kimball
Jake V
Quimby
Corley
Knight
Thomas
Sellers
Yokabaskas
Brimah
Drummond

I would put Toby ahead of Thabeet. Brimah gets championship points, so he should be middle of the pack. Probably right ahead of Travis, and Quimby ahead of Jake. But then again, I'm an old fart.
Sellers ahead of Thomas. Bonus for Crissy's head.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are absolutely correct that ollies adjustment to send boat after the ball handler at halfcourt was a major factor in bringing home #4.

Boat was the one doing most of that half court attack. But yes bazz was a good defender as well. But meka was a historically great defender.
Don't disagree with any of that. I just think that Bazz's defense gets forgotten. No doubt that Mek was a great player for us and a lot of that doesn't show in his stats. People wouldn't drive on him. I loved watch guys go "yeah, I don't want any of that" and give up the ball. FWIW, Bazz's and Mek's stats are more similar than you think. Win share is about spot on.

Strongly agree regarding Boat and Ollie. Boat was absolutely critical to the 2014 natty and I'm not sure any other coach, including 2014 Calhoun, could have gotten us there.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Don't disagree with any of that. I just think that Bazz's defense gets forgotten. No doubt that Mek was a great player for us and a lot of that doesn't show in his stats. People wouldn't drive on him. I loved watch guys go "yeah, I don't want any of that" and give up the ball. FWIW, Bazz's and Mek's stats are more similar than you think. Win share is about spot on.

Strongly agree regarding Boat and Ollie. Boat was absolutely critical to the 2014 natty and I'm not sure any other coach, including 2014 Calhoun, could have gotten us there.

Don’t forget that meka missed games due to injury and ws has a volume component to it.

But yes bazz is a worthy 1 seed. One thing that he benefits from is staying 4 years. Especially if it’s just about college career.

Reaction Score
I would put Toby ahead of Thabeet. Brimah gets championship points, so he should be middle of the pack. Probably right ahead of Travis, and Quimby ahead of Jake. But then again, I'm an old fart.
Sellers ahead of Thomas. Bonus for Crissy's head.

I'm an old fart too and Brimah does get those points so maybe advance a spot or 2 but his 6/4/2 career average just doesn't make it past some of these guys. Travis was twice the player sorry that's not close. You want championship points Rich, Jake gets them because his are real championship points and he was a huge factor. But the Quimby Jake thing, I get that maybe. I mean reality is Toby could almost be #1 so that argument is a good one.

Reaction Score
Do you think so because Nadav only played one season?...or other?
Its because the creator(s) of this bracket (and most of the voters) are likely in their 20's and have no idea who anyone from early 90's or earlier are. How Drummond is seeded higher than Dove based on their one season is laughable.

Reaction Score
Its because the creator(s) of this bracket (and most of the voters) are likely in their 20's and have no idea who anyone from early 90's or earlier are. How Drummond is seeded higher than Dove based on their one season is laughable.

No crap huh. I mean nothing against Andre he reps the Huskies and is a good kid. But Dove had a huge impact on he Dream Season, monstrous piece for a team that may have been JCs biggest overachiever. Andre was a freshman who played well but was also part of a very disappointing season. I mean the 2 shouldn't be lose in that list with Dove well ahead.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think people seriously overlook Shabazz. Kemba, Rip, Ray, Emeka, and Ben were all better basketball players but Shabazz has as storied a college career as any.
- 2 National Championships
- Led us through the postseason ban (this is underrated)
- 1st team All-American
- NCAA Tournament most outstanding player
- More clutch shots than you can count

His career at UConn is comparable to Kemba’s in every way. How some people leave Shabazz out of the UConn Mount Rushmore is beyond me.

Shabazz would have the greatest player ever at some schools that have a national title (Nova). Just not this one.

Reaction Score
Results of the first round are in and I am surprised by some of them. The votes by platform were shared with me (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) with Instagram generating 61% of the total votes. Of the three platforms IG has the youngest users. This really skewed the results away from some of the older, but arguably more deserving, Husky greats. For example, 4-seeded Corny Thompson led 13th-seeded Jerome Dyson among Facebook voters (an older user base) 54% to 46%. However, IG voters selected Dyson 62% to 38%. Now, I realize that it’s hard to know just how good some of these players were if you didn’t see them - and that’s probably the case here among Instagram voters. This is why it’s inevitable that older players will suffer somewhat in this type of voting system. Another example is Tony Hanson (58%to 42% over Jake Voskhul among FB voters, but Jake led among IG voters 53% to 47% and narrowly beat Tony 51% to 49%). Brimah over Henefeld is criminal, and there is just no excuse for Ricky Moore to beat Wes Bialosuknia (which he did handily, 67% to 33%. Regardless, I consider it great fun and have already cast my second-round votes. Go Huskies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom