Uconn Football Tweet April 3 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Uconn Football Tweet April 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The guy can't even get his own surprise reveal right.

Reaction Score
I'm waiting for new uniforms to pop up (which were fine) and with the same helmets....while the Yard goes ballistic. Who is taking bets on the first person to complain about the new uniforms?

Oh, I already know no matter what they look like, there's going to be something for some fans to complain about. It's practically a guarantee.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Oh, I already know no matter what they look like, there's going to be something for some fans to complain about. It's practically a guarantee.

I'm trying to decide if they go super traditional, Oregon style anything goes or maybe traditional with one Oregon style alternate set (maybe chrome helmets).

Reaction Score
I just hope we don't have to wait til the Nova game to find out what our uni's look like... To me that's just too long of a wait especially coming off a 2-10 season.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Any of you guys heard any updates on when UConn is releasing these new uni's? I don't think I can wait any longer!!

Reaction Score
UNC is announcing new uni design, with teaser on social media. They plan to make formal announcement on 4/20, presumably to avoid a summer announcement when the campus is abuzz with make believe programs for their athletes to complete

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
For what its worth, after some digging, this Saturday (April 18th) is 2 years to the day when UConn unveiled the new uni's and logo re-design with Nike. Wonder if Diaco/Warde and the gang have this week or next Monday in mind to release the new football uni's?

Reaction Score
I personally like the progras who "surprise" the team by having guys come out at team meeting showing off new uni - seems to get far more (visible) engagement from players as well as media attention

Reaction Score
That's the most no-brainer bet ever.

There is some precedent in using local sources for UConn branding versus big corporate, aka Nike. The prior 'happy' Husky head that was around for 20+ years along with the Husy statue outside of Gampel were crafted by a local artist in Mansfield.

Reaction Score
Now now. I liked the old uniforms and the block C. I like the new ones just think the helmet is a bad idea poorly executed. And I didn't see the need to toss away 75 years of tradition of a white husky just so Nike could do the eyeball helmet. (Just as an aside the Husky on the rent looks like a rabbit from a distance. And a teddy bear on shirts. It's very hard to do a face on of anything, especially animals, and not lose perspective. It is why nobody does it. BC tried with its eagle a few years ago too and it looked more like a penguin. Same issue.). I don't get why we would need a black shirt when National flag blue is our color and the real color is so dark anyway. Red is Rutgers and Louisville nt UConn. I think grey is blah. So we'll see.

Reaction Score
Any of you guys heard any updates on when UConn is releasing these new uni's? I don't think I can wait any longer!!
Nike had Army unveiling on Monday and Browns yesterday. So maybe it is on their schedule as well. But I wonder how much Nike will be involved when bringing out new unis less than 2 years after they helped us re-brand. Rather successful re-brand outside the helmets (some obviously disagree).

Reaction Score
Now now. I liked the old uniforms and the block C. I like the new ones just think the helmet is a bad idea poorly executed. And I didn't see the need to toss away 75 years of tradition of a white husky just so Nike could do the eyeball helmet. (Just as an aside the Husky on the rent looks like a rabbit from a distance. And a teddy bear on shirts. It's very hard to do a face on of anything, especially animals, and not lose perspective. It is why nobody does it. BC tried with its eagle a few years ago too and it looked more like a penguin. Same issue.). I don't get why we would need a black shirt when National flag blue is our color and the real color is so dark anyway. Red is Rutgers and Louisville nt UConn. I think grey is blah. So we'll see.

I like the new Husky logo, but I forget who has it as their avatar, but they have an all white version of the new logo and it looks soooooo much better. I'd love to see them drop the standard Husky color scheme and make the new logo all white.

Reaction Score
I am perfectly content with the new logo. I actually think it looks very fresh. My only issue is that they completely got rid of a letter logo (I know we have the UConn woodmark but it's not the same). Most schools have two logos, a cartoon one and a letter logo. I wish we still had some variety of the interlocking UC.

Reaction Score
There is some precedent in using local sources for UConn branding versus big corporate, aka Nike. The prior 'happy' Husky head that was around for 20+ years along with the Husy statue outside of Gampel were crafted by a local artist in Mansfield.

Yeah, but I bet they at least got paid for it. That's why I'm actually hoping they look nothing like mine.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but I bet they at least got paid for it. That's why I'm actually hoping they look nothing like mine.

From what I heard, he was paid for the statue; but, got little for the smiling Husky face, just a flat fee, no licence royalty %, as it was designed done before Calhoun & Geno arrived in Stores and the Husky brand at that time was not worth much

Reaction Score
From what I heard, he was paid for the statue; but, got little for the smiling Husky face, just a flat fee, no licence royalty %, as it was designed done before Calhoun & Geno arrived in Stores and the Husky brand at that time was not worth much
I don't know the nature of his deal but the long haired husky came in the 90s. Before that the logo was similar but with short hair.

Reaction Score
I don't know the nature of his deal but the long haired husky came in the 90s. Before that the logo was similar but with short hair.

The 80's & 90's iteration were the same as the late 90's early 2000's, just updated by the same artist. The story goes that the husky face was actually based on his own pet dog, which was an Alaskan Malamute and not a Husky.

UConnHusky-Logo-timelineS.jpg

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'd love some kid of alternate uni where they toss that 1960's logo with the musket on a helmet. I love that logo!

Reaction Score
I'd love some kid of alternate uni where they toss that 1960's logo with the musket on a helmet. I love that logo!
Oregon does something to this effect with their old duck logo

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
freescooter said:
Fwiw the timing on the various huskies is at best problematic. I have letters from the UConn Athletic department from the mid1970s which use the Musket Husky.

In the mid 70', and later you couldn't just update logos quickly. You also used whatever stationary was on hand until it ran out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom