Uconn Football Tweet April 3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn Football Tweet April 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Im also pretty sure those are ericas eyes peeking out of that ninja mask. Not sure what noticing that says about me.
Same thing went through my mind as well for some reason....

Reaction Score
Same thing went through my mind as well for some reason....
Ditto. It was the eyes, and a "from behind" view when walking thru a door that led me to the conclusion it was her (hope I'm right b/c if not I may need to re-evaluate some things if it turns out to be one of the male equipment managers).

Reaction Score
A move to the B1G....you would have heard more rumors about B1G further expansion. Besides, UConn hasn't proved they belong yet. Endowment would be where as compared to other B1G schools? Still not AAU status. Not to dump on the parade to the B1G which in this guy's eyes would be just deserts for not being invited into the ACC, but because UConn really hasn't come on to the big time college sports scene until mid to late 90's and still hasn't arrived in football. If football is what everyone claims drives the college TV money bus then UConn still needs to buy that bus..... or build it.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Looks like an indication that new uniforms are on the way...

...Please include a helmet change...please include a helmet change...please include a helmet change... :eek:

Reaction Score
It's going to be a cross promotion, say at a significant event coming up. But let's hope it is a uni change, more specifically a helmet change, these still just ring indifferent with me.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My guess is we don't see any reveal until the Spring Game. I know we all wanna see it now but it would make the most sense.

Reaction Score
My guess is we don't see any reveal until the Spring Game. I know we all wanna see it now but it would make the most sense.

Yup... I'm betting the uniform gets "buried" @ the Rent and the unveil is the Spring Game.

"He who is transplanted (from Storrs) still sustains" --

Okay - back to the scotch. Long week!

Reaction Score
huskymedic said:
Yup... I'm betting the uniform gets "buried" @ the Rent and the unveil is the Spring Game. "He who is transplanted (from Storrs) still sustains" -- Okay - back to the scotch. Long week!

That implies you stopped drinking scotch at some point. Which makes me think...

Reaction Score
Did people not really know the state motto of CT? Am I a dork for knowing that?
I say this with absolutely no ill will or sarcasm.
1. No one knew what that meant without going to Wikipedia
2. Umm . . . .

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I believe Diaco said: "Qui transtulit sustinet" which is apparently latin for "He Who Transplanted Still Sustains". It's also the state motto of Connecticut depicted on a blue ribbon below the grapevines. I wonder how that fits in the context of new uniforms.

I honestly thought he said, ", Southington, Thursday." Thanks for clearing that up...

Reaction Score
You must be a lot of fun to hang out with.
I want to see UConn football climb as high as the basketball programs have just like everyone else and have probably been following UConn sports longer than most that post here. I see where things are and where things are going. Unless UConn football can attract national attention like the basketball programs have they are destined to be on the outside looking in. But... it's not only about the sports. If it was Rutgers wouldn't have been invited into the B1G. It's still about what most perceive UConn is as a institution. They look at it as a state school in the third smallest state in the nation. Is UConn leading the world in cancer research? Space technology? How many world renown scientists, theologians, leaders claim UConn as their Alma Mater? I'm sure the number is growing but lets face facts, UConn is still a new comer onto the scene in many ways.

So lets just enjoy what we can. This year beating the service schools, an out of conference school we aren't expected to beat and a majority of the AAC foes we face would make for a successful, fulfilling season. You want to help make a move to the B1G a reality...contribute to the endowment and show up for the games on time. Nothing spells minor league like empty seats during the first few minutes of a broadcast.

Reaction Score
You want to help make a move to the B1G a reality...contribute to the endowment and show up for the games on time. Nothing spells minor league like empty seats during the first few minutes of a broadcast.

Absolutely right. Not sure what the solution is but there better be a Manhattan Project urgency to solving it. Even when we were winning, the culture was not in sync with early seating. Perhaps the extra hour of tailgating will help. Even if I had a drone take an HD photo of the Rent at kickoff and offered to give $1,000 to every fan who was in their seat---on the condition that every seat was occupied, I'd never go into my pocket.

Reaction Score
Well if you want people in seats early, makes the games general admission. But with season tickets and donations, we know that would never work.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think they should implement both ideas - bribery, and designating some sections as general admission.

Reaction Score
I want to see UConn football climb as high as the basketball programs have just like everyone else and have probably been following UConn sports longer than most that post here. I see where things are and where things are going. Unless UConn football can attract national attention like the basketball programs have they are destined to be on the outside looking in. But... it's not only about the sports. If it was Rutgers wouldn't have been invited into the B1G. It's still about what most perceive UConn is as a institution. They look at it as a state school in the third smallest state in the nation. Is UConn leading the world in cancer research? Space technology? How many world renown scientists, theologians, leaders claim UConn as their Alma Mater? I'm sure the number is growing but lets face facts, UConn is still a new comer onto the scene in many ways.

So lets just enjoy what we can. This year beating the service schools, an out of conference school we aren't expected to beat and a majority of the AAC foes we face would make for a successful, fulfilling season. You want to help make a move to the B1G a reality...contribute to the endowment and show up for the games on time. Nothing spells minor league like empty seats during the first few minutes of a broadcast.

This may come as a surprise to you, but it's about money. It's not about geographic size but DMA size and CT is in the top 25. It's about conference networks and the DMA size, which translates to money.

It's about a 1.5 billion investment by the state of CT to more than makeup for the current endowment shortfall. It's the money.

Space technology does not drive CR, but without intellectual property developed in CT neither the space shuttle nor Hubble gets done. It's the money.

Reaction Score
A move to the B1G....you would have heard more rumors about B1G further expansion. Besides, UConn hasn't proved they belong yet. Endowment would be where as compared to other B1G schools? Still not AAU status. Not to dump on the parade to the B1G which in this guy's eyes would be just deserts for not being invited into the ACC, but because UConn really hasn't come on to the big time college sports scene until mid to late 90's and still hasn't arrived in football. If football is what everyone claims drives the college TV money bus then UConn still needs to buy that bus..... or build it.
Hey guy, if you're referencing me get your internet sarcasm detector tuned up.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

This explains your love for PP...old timers living in the 1980's...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It's possible to make UCONN FB at The Rent a "must have" ticket. I think it all starts with W's and an exciting offense. We could wear one of Oregon's 50 possible uniform combos and it won't make a difference if we don't have an average offense, at minimum.

Winning breeds culture, which breeds excitement, which breeds UCFB at The Rent being an event for all. Think JC or Tark and what they both accomplished. JC in a cow town and Tark in a city with a million other venues competing for entertainment dollars.

It's possible. But not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak