UConn Football Summer/Fall of 2017 - Camp REStorred | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Summer/Fall of 2017 - Camp REStorred

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs: Rose Now Firmly Planted At UConn, Edsall Tries To Spur Growth

>>Diaco labeled Rose's position as an "F." Edsall calls him a "H back.

"This is the right position for me, definitely," Rose said. "With my athleticism and body type, I think H back will work out really well. Quarterback, it's just a high school thing."

Tight ends coach Corey Edsall called the Rose's position an off-the-ball tight end. "He'll be a run blocker," Corey Edsall said. "He can split out as a receiver. He can run routes from the back field. It's kind of an all-purpose player."<<

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Curious to see how this team grows this season.

Offensive players weren't recruited for a spread.

Defensive players weren't recruited for 3-3-5.

I expect both to struggle mightily at times. I will be pleasantly surprised if the units progress through the season. That will tell me the staff is able to coach their system and get players to learn their system.

I am actually more worried about team speed at LB and pass coverage on D more than I am about offense being able to score some points.

Reaction Score
Courant is doing a poor job pushing Mike Anthony's stuff out IMO: UConn Football Notebook: Annual QB Question Again On Front Burner (other info besides QB situation within)

I wondered about the comment by one of the beat guys during the press conference on Fr. DB Rob King's injury - this clarifies it.

>> Minor injuries heading into camp (players expected to participate immediately): OL Bryan Cespedes (quad); LB T.J. Gardner (knee); WR Hergy Mayala (hamstring); DB Brice McAllister (quad); CB Jamar Summers (hamstring); DL Caleb Thomas (hamstring). ... LB Darrian Beavers (abscess) and DB Robert King (hamstring) will miss at least a few days. E.J. Levenberry is out indefinitely. He tore his right ACL in April. "As soon as I tore it, I went in the training room and I said we're going to attack this," Levenberry said. "I have a goal to get back this year." …<<

Another from Mike: On Eve Of UConn Training Camp, No Doubt This Is Randy Edsall's Team

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Curious to see how this team grows this season.

Offensive players weren't recruited for a spread.

Defensive players weren't recruited for 3-3-5.

I expect both to struggle mightily at times. I will be pleasantly surprised if the units progress through the season. That will tell me the staff is able to coach their system and get players to learn their system.

I am actually more worried about team speed at LB and pass coverage on D more than I am about offense being able to score some points.
Who knows what Diaco was recruiting for honestly. Maybe it was the spread?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I suggest everyone take a look at the pass #7 threw on the run at the :29 second mark.

Yes. That was sick. I dont think he will, but if i heard washington was starting I wouldnt be THAT surprised. I also think we will see a QB or two leave the program because it's becoming evident that there are more bodies on scholly who want time than we have room for

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
DiMauro is an idiot. The statement that if Edsall can't win here then we shouldn't have a football team? Damned BC punk. I never liked him and I never will. If BC wad confined only to sports they are really successful at, they'd be stuck in an ice rink...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
DiMauro is an idiot. The statement that if Edsall can't win here then we shouldn't have a football team? Damned BC punk. I never liked him and I never will. If BC wad confined only to sports they are really successful at, they'd be stuck in an ice rink...

But I did enjoy him referring to Diaco's comments as "verbal barn droppings".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom