UConn Football Summer/Fall of 2017 - Camp REStorred | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Summer/Fall of 2017 - Camp REStorred

Reaction Score
It sounds like a Don Brown defense. Which means 90% of the time it will be fun to watch, and 10% it will be painful. Remember those 3rd and 15s that would get converted? Those will be back. But...I still like the approach overall and it is much more entertaining to watch.

I agree, however, Don Browns defense didn't have 5 DB's. This 3-3-5 defense will be a little better than D Browns

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Will we get some media reports today from practice? Is it media Fridays or media Mondays at camp? Anywho - need new stories. Maybe we could get a Holman siting for Bizlawyer.

Reaction Score
I told Dave we'll be in our seats 20 minutes before kickoff to take in the UCMB pre-game. Its what makes the college atmosphere so special. It's what all the big time programs do. And at Vandy, if the frat guys aren't in the stadium before kickoff they lose their student tickets. We couldn't believe it but when it was time for us to go in they were rushing (no pun intended) the gates.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I told Dave we'll be in our seats 20 minutes before kickoff to take in the UCMB pre-game. Its what makes the college atmosphere so special. It's what all the big time programs do. And at Vandy, if the frat guys aren't in the stadium before kickoff they lose their student tickets. We couldn't believe it but when it was time for us to go in they were rushing (no pun intended) the gates.
Agree. Any Husky game I've ever attended (maybe with the exception of one or two at Yale Bowl) I've gotten into the stadium in time to see warm ups and the band. I need the full game day experience to get mentally stoked. Of course, that means starting all the tailgating activities as early as possible, too. And in the case of the Yale Bowl games, briefly visiting the D lot tailgate again at halftime.

Reaction Score
Agree. Any Husky game I've ever attended (maybe with the exception of one or two at Yale Bowl) I've gotten into the stadium in time to see warm ups and the band. I need the full game day experience to get mentally stoked. Of course, that means starting all the tailgating activities as early as possible, too. And in the case of the Yale Bowl games, briefly visiting the D lot tailgate again at halftime.
I've tried in the past but my friends never want to start heading in until kick off. It's been that way since I was 18 and I'm 26 now.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I don't see a search function on the board, and I apologize if this has been discussed ad naseum, but is Levenberry definitely out for the entire year? Yeah, he was hurt in the spring, ACL, and the Courant mentioned it today. But is the entire season definite?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Sorry, I don't see a search function on the board, and I apologize if this has been discussed ad naseum, but is Levenberry definitely out for the entire year? Yeah, he was hurt in the spring, ACL, and the Courant mentioned it today. But is the entire season definite?

No. Hopes to be back mid season

Reaction Score

FYI: Search function is the magnifying glass in the upper right under "alert"(on mobile) or the horizontal box in the upper right w/ "search" in it on desktop.

Levenberry was riding the stationary bike pretty good during the open practice and moving around without significant limp.

Reaction Score
Jay Rose sighting - Jay Rose sighting! Jay - put the ball in the opposite arm in those YAC.

"

He looks like a heck of a physical specimen and he is only a Freshman. We are loaded at TE, loaded at WR (insanely loaded at WR next year) and have one of the best RB's in the country.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, does camp officially end this weekend?

IIRC, they usually break camp about 8-10 before first game, move them in to their dorms/room/apts for the year and then go in to game planning mode one week prior to first game.

There is the real probability my mind is stuck in 20th C. thinking of how camp ends and transitions in to game planning mode for the season.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was under the impression EJ was done. If he's back in October some time that raises my excitement from an 11 to 12. Having guys like him and Bell are the great recipe for top knotch "P6" teams.

Reaction Score
FYI: Search function is the magnifying glass in the upper right under "alert"(on mobile) or the horizontal box in the upper right w/ "search" in it on desktop.

Levenberry was riding the stationary bike pretty good during the open practice and moving around without significant limp.
Thx. I swear that my browser was not displaying that for some reason when I was looking. But it is now.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

I thought media was going to have access on Fridays? The first Friday they moved to Monday. The second Friday they didn't have practice. Did they have access yesterday? I haven't seen any articles. We are starved for more updates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom